User Tag List

12 Last

Glycerine

Default Befriending a Teacher/Professor on Facebook

Out of curiosity, what's your take on it?

Phantonym

I don't see why not. Teachers/Professors are human too Basically, if you've chosen to befriend somebody, it's their choice either to accept it or reject it.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've never thought of teacher/studetn relationshi[s as bad as long as both are mature and profesionality like grades and such are not compromised. Bedding a teacher to get better grades would be bad for example. But a teacher and student that fall in love for whatever reason, could happen, but keep teaching and relationship seperate. Why not?

But apparantly it's illegal in many countries. I suppose I can see why. But I'm not a supporter of that.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    enfp

i teach SAT for various organizations in my free time while Im going to school...

Sometimes they facebook me. For the longest time, I would tell them Im not gonna add them bc I don't want anyone to find them on facebook on my friend list. They kept insisting and friending me, so I would add just the guy ex students. I think one or two girl student added me later... since Im hardly on it anymore, I just accepted it. Since most likely I will never see them again.

As for phone numbers, I dont take their cell numbers. I only take their parents home numbers. So I can call their parents to tell them about their kids if I have to. LOLZ

Knowing this, I cant imagine why they would facebook me still though. I think they think of me as their friend or something.

Phantonym

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Fluffy, who said anything about bedding a professor?

Personally, I see Facebook as a convenient address book, listing the people I know and who know me to get in touch with them when needed.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Fluffy, who said anything about bedding a professor?

Personally, I see Facebook as a convenient address book, listing the people I know and who know me to get in touch with them when needed.
    I just did. Figured I just give my end-game opinion about it. :P

I figured facebook is a doorway that could lead to that? Seriously, why else would adding a teacher on facebook be a problem if not for developping relationships.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Glycerine

haha, I just find the idea amusing. I am not really against or for it. I have 1 male professor and 2 female teachers on there. 2 requested me and I requested 1.

if i was in this situation, i would not allow them to view my pictures or tagged pictures of me and perhaps other personal information. facebook allows you to create 'friends lists' and then you can block these people from viewing specific sections of your profile in the privacy settings page.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I have a professor and an ex-teacher on there, there's nothing special about it. I occasionally discuss current events with the professor.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post
    if i was in this situation, i would not allow them to view my pictures or tagged pictures of me and perhaps other personal information. facebook allows you to create 'friends lists' and then you can block these people from viewing specific sections of your profile in the privacy settings page.
    why? Most people (students or teachers) probably aren't going to be creepers or am I just really naive? haha