User Tag List

123 Last

ThatGirl

Default I need direction.

I recently decided to go to college and it has been a wonderful learning experience, but I am starting to loose sight of the bigger picture because I have no idea what path I should be travelling.

Here are the facts,

I dont want a job that relys on the economy anymore

I need to be able to achieve this goal in a very quick manner

I need something that pays well

I need something that I would be good at

The school councelor recomended I go into engineering

I thought I would be interested in Pathology

I can only take one science class at a time due to schedualing conficts

I hate learning math, but I love applying it

I love science but have yet to take anything other than social sciences at this point

I loathe paper work

I also enjoy analytical psychology but I would never make a good councelor

So I guess what I am looking for is some sort of direction between what I enjoy vs what I can do, and I dont even know where to start looking.

Is there anyway if you guys know about a particular feild you can post the feild along with pros and cons and the time that the education generally takes to complete?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Hmmm, post a little more detail.

How many units have you completed so far?

IMO, if you don't want to rely on the economy, health sciences will usually always be stable. I'm choosing to go into the Physician's Assistant program because no matter what the economy looks like, people always need health treatments. Nursing, Physicians + Assistants, Physical therapy(I wanted to do this cause of the geriatrics and/or sports), and several other occupations of course.

Quickness... how quick are you looking at? Teaching can be pretty quick. Once you have the Bachelors, you can take the CBEST and a subject test. Then teach. And that's pretty economy stable.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Have you considered becoming a hair stylist? People will always have bad hair.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    Hmmm, post a little more detail.

How many units have you completed so far?

IMO, if you don't want to rely on the economy, health sciences will usually always be stable. I'm choosing to go into the Physician's Assistant program because no matter what the economy looks like, people always need health treatments. Nursing, Physicians + Assistants, Physical therapy(I wanted to do this cause of the geriatrics and/or sports), and several other occupations of course.

Quickness... how quick are you looking at? Teaching can be pretty quick. Once you have the Bachelors, you can take the CBEST and a subject test. Then teach. And that's pretty economy stable.
    I dont want to work with the public in a have to be nice all the time sort of way

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Have you considered becoming a hair stylist? People will always have bad hair.

Hm, thats a great idea! Why didn't I think of that?!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Hm, thats a great idea! Why didn't I think of that?!
    First off, I'm not Hmm, I'm Edahn.

Second, maybe you can (prepare for lame joke) change your name to WhyDidntIthinkOfThatGirl.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    First off, I'm not Hmm, I'm Edahn.

Second, maybe you can (prepare for lame joke) change your name to WhyDidntIthinkOfThatGirl.
    Hm, noone ever thinks of thatgirl Thanks a lot..

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Put your ENTP skills to work for you. I think you would HATE hair, I would and if you're a female ENTP you already have a hard enough time relating to women. In that field you're going to have to make small talk ALL DAY LONG!

Honestly, I would think a bartender would be something you would do far better at, people tend to drink more the harder life gets and depending on where you work you can make good money.

Otherwise, put your skills to work to talk your way into a position you don't totally seem experienced enough for. I once told a potential boss to give me a chance even though I wasn't qualified. I asked her to let me in the door and talk to me, that if she didn't offer me the job I would give her $20 for taking up her time. She did in fact offer me the job.

So, bigger picture, headhunter, doing buying/selling or something else using the problem solving abilities you have.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    a bartender

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Are you kidding me! I have a friend with a masters that works as a bartender because she makes more money. Plus ENTPs are quick witted and social in addition to thinking up new drinks and playing shrink to peoples troubles. Sounds like the ideal fast economy proof job for an ENTP..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    Are you kidding me!
    Nope. I don't think it's a good career for ThatGirl.