• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wolfy's Training Log

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Per pound of bodyweight. 140 grams isn't that much really, there is 20 grams in a 100 grams of steak, I think there is 5-7 in an egg, about 25 in an average protein serving. Really, just make protein the main thing and you'll be alright.

Don't go getting all anal about it, you'll quit before you start.

Yeah, what people tell you about protein is all over the place. But, I think if you are female and you're doing a VLCD it doesn't hurt to "go over board". That's what I tell myself since I'm so 'P' and tracking things is a pain. On this VLCD I'm supposed to measure my food down to the exact gram. Jebus. I'm gonna just eat mostly salads (which I do anyways) and sashimi/raw fish. The owner of the local sushi place totally knows me because I always sit at the bar and order sashimi. I had a sashimi and soba noodle salad the other day (fusion food!) and I eat a lot of eggs. Also, spirulina. Yum.

I have lots of protein powders leftover from when I was training in the gym. I did my research and found a low carb one that supposedly is the best tasting on the market. If I use soy milk or coconut milk and a little bit of stevia, it totally tastes like a milkshake. Strangely my brother neither believes me nor wants to find out for himself. :p

Thanks Wolfy and [MENTION=5111]lauranna[/MENTION]!

wolfy

awsm
So far this week I gave a 30 min bodypump lesson, that was today. I also took part in a 45 min bodycombat lesson. I didn't do anything Monday or Tuesday, just relaxed. I think I will go to the gym tomorrow though. I feel like it now.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION] yeah don't worry about trying to count it, just make sure you have some form of protein everytime you eat. Protein powder is awesome for practicality reasons, I always have some with me in a shaker for mid morning/ mid afternoon snacks or for after the gym. No planning of meals required! The sushi sounds like a good plan. And eggs are good. Get some chicken in too if you like it- it's so good for you. Good luck!

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, what people tell you about protein is all over the place. But, I think if you are female and you're doing a VLCD it doesn't hurt to "go over board". That's what I tell myself since I'm so 'P' and tracking things is a pain. On this VLCD I'm supposed to measure my food down to the exact gram. Jebus. I'm gonna just eat mostly salads (which I do anyways) and sashimi/raw fish. The owner of the local sushi place totally knows me because I always sit at the bar and order sashimi. I had a sashimi and soba noodle salad the other day (fusion food!) and I eat a lot of eggs. Also, spirulina. Yum.

I have lots of protein powders leftover from when I was training in the gym. I did my research and found a low carb one that supposedly is the best tasting on the market. If I use soy milk or coconut milk and a little bit of stevia, it totally tastes like a milkshake. Strangely my brother neither believes me nor wants to find out for himself. :p

Some protein powders are awesome. I had this Chocolate Peanut Butter one by Gaspari that was so nice I was having it for dessert! Sashimi sounds good, I love raw fish too. Like you said, just shoot for the high side.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think there is 5-7 in an egg, about 25 in an average protein serving. Really, just make protein the main thing and you'll be alright.

I've always wondered why men won't just eat the egg york as well if they decided to substitute protein with egg whites? Health issues?

wolfy

awsm
I've always wondered why men won't just eat the egg york as well if they decided to substitute protein with egg whites? Health issues?

It's because of the fat in egg yolks. That has changed a bit and now a lot of guys eat the yolks too, they have a lot of nutritional benefits. Fatty acids and other stuff. More often than not guys do low carb rather than low fat too.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It's because of the fat in egg yolks. That has changed a bit and now a lot of guys eat the yolks too, they have a lot of nutritional benefits. Fatty acids and other stuff. More often than not guys do low carb rather than low fat too.

Oh, I thought it might have to do with cholesterol issue as my mother's family doctor adviced her to omit egg yolks because of that.

wolfy

awsm
Oh, I thought it might have to do with cholesterol issue as my mother's family doctor adviced her to omit egg yolks because of that.

There is that too, but I was talking about guys that eat a lot of eggs to up their protein intake. Has she upped her fish intake? Using fish oil? I'm no doctor but I thought the link between egg yolks and the causes of high cholesterol were exaggerated. Egg yolks contain lecithin which balance out the cholesterol. Recommendations for people with existing conditions would be to take dietary sources out I guess.

wolfy

awsm
I've been doing all my training but it is all over the place and I don't write anything down. I'm running 10km in a marathon for a work thing next week. I am also getting ready for a Halloween dance, exercise thing so practising that. And I am fitting in weights here and there as well as giving my lessons at work.