• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Kas

Fabula rasa
"Spaceman: An Astronaut's Unlikely Journey to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe" by Mike Massimino

I finally know how to become an astronaut. But seems that it's too late.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finished Chekov's complete works over xmas break!! :happy2:

I also read Asimov's 'The End of Eternity' - wow, it was quite good. Asimov was brilliant. I also started Arthur C. Clarke's 'Childhood's End', but I'm not quite as wow'd by it as End of Eternity so it's not proven as compelling and I'm juggling it with the below:

I just started 'Pride and Prejudice', which is kind of a quick read (for me) -- I'm surprised how closely the BBC production of it way back when followed it - it's very close/similar, and now it's impossible for me to NOT envision Darcy as Colin Firth or Mr./Mrs. Bennett as those actors. :laugh:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finished Pride and Prejudice; just started 'The Turn of the Screw', by Henry James, which appears to be a pretty short novella of his. I'm already totally surprised as it's nothing like the other few books of his that I've read. But I really do like his writing.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Finally getting around to reading "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss. My housemate is lending it to me. Beautifully written so far.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now reading 'The War of the Worlds', which oddly (given my tastes) I'd never read before.

Yes I am reading a lot these days but it's a very good thing for me. :)

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since Christmas I have read Timeless by R. A. Salvatore
Season of Storms by Andrzej Sapkowski
The Emperors Soul, Warbreaker, and Elantris all by Brandon Sanderson

And I am about to start Tomorrow War by J. L. Bourne

Sundae

MBTI Type
INFP
z498soE.jpg

Drapeaux

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
1w2
The Wrong Way Home: Uncovering the Patterns of Cult Behavior in American Society by Arthur J. Deikman

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just read “Her Body and Other Parties” by Carmen Maria Machado - thought it was very well written and deserved its awards, but I didn’t love the experience of reading it. Maybe it’ll be better as a TV show.

Now reading “The Power” by Naomi Alderman and LOVING IT.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
War at the End of the World: Douglas MacArthur and the Forgotten Fight For New Guinea, 1942-1945 by James P. Duffy

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War by Joseph Loconte

Absolutely fantastic.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mostly just study materials, but at present they are pretty interesting, mainly focussing on inequality. Also reading a guide to essay writing.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Just finished "Killing Commendatore" by Haruki Murakami. It's a long one and it's weird like most of his works.

An excerpt:

"I tested my idea on several other women. Took head shots and created left- and right-side composites on the computer. That made it even clearer. That women literally have two faces. Once I knew that, I found I couldn't figure out women at all. For example, if I was with a woman and we were having sex, I didn't know if it was her right side or her left side that I was embracing. If it was the right side, then where had the left side gone - what was it doing, and what was it thinking? - and if it was the left side, then what was the right side thinking? Once I reached that point, things got really messy. Get what I'm saying?"

Mole

Permabanned
I am reading "The Way of Trance" by Dennis Wier , and I'm reading "This Personality Brokers" by Merve Emre.