• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What older series or shows have you been watching since lockdown began?

Lark

So, what older shows have you choosen or been able to revisit since lockdown began, are your rewatching or finally doing a complete watch?

I've watched House MD, complete series over again, I own it on DVD but surprisingly there were a few minor episodes I'd missed.

I've watched The Middle, pretty much through, Chuck, season 4 I'd missed somehow and I never guessed how many cameos where in that show until now, I'm watching LOST too, it has aged well as a series I think.

I might go back to the beginning of Walking Dead but there's a lot of content I dont really care to repeat in that show actually, its good but some episodes I do think were gratuitous in their violence. Perhaps that may be the wrong word and I do think it was a more or less accurate depiction of how cruelty and sadism can become normative quickly in a traumatized and repeatedly retraumatized population. Although I kind of dont want to repeatedly watch that kind of thing. I do like some of the seasons, although they are later ones, of Fear The Walking Dead, for how they sought to build a counter narrative, a strong one, about helping versus hurting others.

Some of these shows, on he second watch have a kind of comforting/nostalgia factor, others are just really good shows, what do you think? Are you rewatching anything older? Are you paying attention to it all second time around or is it just background noise and focal point (like a fireplace would have been in the past)?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been watching "Friends" because I own the whole series and figured seeing charming, cute, funny people and hearing laugh tracks would probably be good for my brain. I splurgingly ordered X-files to watch next because it's really funny to me and spooky to boot.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I started before lockdown, but Community. I'm on Season 5 now; season 4 was rough times but not as bad as I feared. Season 5 is pretty good, although there were massive feels when Troy left.
'
My favorite episode so far is the one about the professor of conspiracy theories; it was delightfully convoluted.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just finished rewatching Fringe (for the umpteenth time). I dabbled in Little House on the Prairie (and was surprised it held my interest enough to binge half a season, there's more nostalgic value there than I'd anticipated). And I watched Flight of the Conchords for the first time, which is really funny and I can't believe I hadn't heard about it sooner. And a few episodes of Columbo.

I've watched Arrested Development, X-files, Mighty Boosh, and the original Prisoner series too - but they're more part of my regular routine than they are quarantine exception.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I rewatched the 1st season of The Dead Zone this week. It's still quite good. The visual effects are amazing for a TV show.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Second, Magnitude's a one man party, and a one man party can't be in an alliance. That's a paradox."

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I rewatched the pilot for ST DSN for like the 3-4 time, to see if I can plunge forward. I like it (and I'm pretty sure I watched Season 1 or at least much of it when it was airing), I'm just a little overwhelmed by the thought of 176 episodes. Also, I'm spoiled by current TV production improvements -- watching the screen format scrunch up a bit and go backwards in quality initially turned me off. Avery Brook's acting style also perplexes me; some of the other characterizations seem more internally consistent, but there's weird moments with Sisko where he goes from taciturn to almost neurotically emotional/extroverted (not talking about his scenes regarding the trauma moment, just in casual outings like chatting up his future wife and elsewhere), and I'm having trouble locking in on who he is. I remember now always having some confusion over the character and not sure whether it's a character thing or just a lack of direction or Brook's throwing stuff at the wall to see what stuck.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've been re-watching "Flight of the Concords" on HBO GO

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My friends and I have been binge watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu. This is actually my first time watching the series, but I'm OBSESSED. The world-building in this show is really well-done and I like how all of the characters have been developing into their own unique roles to help Buffy fight demons. I also just love the episodic formula with an overarching plot tastefully woven in between.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been re-watching "Flight of the Concords" on HBO GO

I only recently discovered this show, and I'm already rewatching it. It's really Goddamn funny, and somehow getting funnier the second time watching.

Have you watched What We Do In The Shadows? Jemaine Clement co-writes it (he was in the movie, but only writes/directs the series - both are good, I'm inclined to like the series more). He's the reason I started watching Flight Of the Conchords.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I only recently discovered this show, and I'm already rewatching it. It's really Goddamn funny, and somehow getting funnier the second time watching.

Have you watched What We Do In The Shadows? Jemaine Clement co-writes it (he was in the movie, but only writes/directs the series - both are good, I'm inclined to like the series more). He's the reason I started watching Flight Of the Conchords.

The vampire show? I have not seen a whole episode but what I watched was good. I do have Hulu (comes with my phone) so I think I will add that to my watch list.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I started watching Grey's Anatomy a few weeks ago. :peepwall:

Also rewatching season 3 of Felicity.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The vampire show? I have not seen a whole episode but what I watched was good. I do have Hulu (comes with my phone) so I think I will add that to my watch list.

Yes. It was initially a movie (which Clement wrote/directed/starred in, with Taiki Waititi), and then came the series on FX/Hulu (which Clement writes/directs).

Clement has such a dry sense of humor. I'd watched an episode of Conchords years ago and didn't even finish, because I didn't really get the humor. But I tried again after liking Shadows so much, and now I sorta can't get enough of it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yes. It was initially a movie (which Clement wrote/directed/starred in, with Taiki Waititi), and then came the series on FX/Hulu (which Clement writes/directs).

Clement has such a dry sense of humor. I'd watched an episode of Conchords years ago and didn't even finish, because I didn't really get the humor. But I tried again after liking Shadows so much, and now I sorta can't get enough of it.

I often think of Jermaine talking about Yoko Ono (although he isn't talking about her, just saying oh no). It's not even funny but it is funny, you know. His delivery is flawless and dry, it's my favorite flavor of humor.

It took me years to get mt ENFJ to watch it and he's finally come around. He's also never watched The Wire smh.

I love that entire vein of HBO shows, that end up getting cancelled way too early. Summer Heights High and Ja’mie: Private School Girl, Getting On... One thing is that Patton Oswalt has a small role as an Elton John impersonator, I think later on in the second season of FotC. Patton Oswalt is perfect for these roles. He's also hilariously cringy in Observe and Report, one of my favorite movies that's finally getting some of the right attention it deserves.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I enjoy that, but I still have yet to watch the last episode.

Haven't seen the movie, but evidently they used a lot of rejected props from Lord of the Rings in it, according to Waititi.