• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is wrong with you people?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You have stopped discussing mostly anything and everything and you've migrated to forums where there is less discussion.

INTP were mostly right in here. They gathered in the forums were they could talk about anything. 10 years back I thought the harsh INTP-forums were the problem, but now from what I've seen, INTP forums were the answer, and the other forums are the problem.

At least INTP's can discuss their point of discussion through and through. Here it's more like boo hoo, someone said a statement which does not adhere to the most stale and stupid frameworks of thinking that we've grown to love on this forum, so we're gonna write our dull standard replies to that post.

Maybe the dullards I encounter on this forum are just 20-year olds fresh out of university or maybe they are something else.

If some old fag would like to give me a hint where to move next, I would appreciate a response.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Mew mew mew mew mew mew mew mew hisssss

You do realize that you are not a prisoner here and can leave anytime. So.....I don't feel bad you getting pissed about how we choose to post.

Luminous

༻✧†µllê & §†råwßêrrïê§✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If some old fag would like to give me a hint where to move next, I would appreciate a response.

c'mon we're not animalss
With that language, you are.

kkE7NK3.gif

Edit: Actually, animals are better than that.

Saturnal Snowqueen

LL"s Atom Bomb Baby
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The funny thing is, it's us 20 somethings that are upholding any semblance of typology of this website. This thread isn't even inaccurate, but if I want a discussion to happen I try to make it happen myself. And some people do play along, it's quite nice.

тень

Regenerating
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have stopped discussing mostly anything and everything and you've migrated to forums where there is less discussion.

INTP were mostly right in here. They gathered in the forums were they could talk about anything. 10 years back I thought the harsh INTP-forums were the problem, but now from what I've seen, INTP forums were the answer, and the other forums are the problem.

At least INTP's can discuss their point of discussion through and through. Here it's more like boo hoo, someone said a statement which does not adhere to the most stale and stupid frameworks of thinking that we've grown to love on this forum, so we're gonna write our dull standard replies to that post.

Maybe the dullards I encounter on this forum are just 20-year olds fresh out of university or maybe they are something else.

Forum's dead Jim, same with meaningful conversation...even in this format, in this day and age. The internet is slowly sterilizing into a corperate-government echo chamber. Your best hope is discord, but not typec discord. Though you have to sift through a lot of crap to find good ones. Hell, even 4chan is shit nowadays. Can't really escape the stupid shit anymore.

Maybe TRUTH social, based on the victim complex and blatant homophobia?
Not defending him, but the phrase "oldfag" used in this context refers to someone of seniority and of some endearment that originated on 4chan like 15 years ago. Because 4chan is backwards world where insults are compliments and our deer old friend Ghost here forgot hes not on 4chan right now.

Vendrah

Never-retiring Millenial
MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
The internet is slowly sterilizing into a corperate-government echo chamber.

Hmm... In fact people had been migrating over the last 10 years from forums to social media in many forms. Vast majority of the forums should be decaying now, it is not as if there is anything particularly wrong with this that is not with the others. So sites like PDB that resembles more a social media are the ones getting a growth on community while classic forums like this are decaying a bit and the likehood of a new classic forum rising anytime soon is low. Social media in fact are more corporate owned, while here we have not corporation but generally 1-3 owners that are people. So yeah, its sterilizing slowly on the corporate part at least. I don't get much the government part because I don't really see any state owned social media or forum.

Infinite Metamorphosis

✊ A Rebel With A Cause
Most people won't disagree with a crowd because of social conformity (see Asche Conformity Experiments). When we studied this in my Sociology class in college, we somewhat had a mini test of our own, and I was different. I have some ideas, but I don't fully know why. I just hold to what I see regardless of what anyone else thinks. That can be both a strength and a weakness, I've learned...I have to be careful that I'm not too unreceptive to input.

The original post was a tactless one, which made its delivery terrible, and that is why it will only serve to provoke people rather than address an issue or anything else that might otherwise be productive. However, if you guys can set that aside and try to have an open enough mind to hear me out for a second...I can't entirely disagree with the overall point that's being made.

I've participated in a number of forums, and I've observed both strengths and room for improvement in all of them. There is one I left because moderation was too lenient, which made the environment hostile and toxic. No safe space for vulnerability. In this one, I've witnessed on a small scale exactly how the opposite can also suffocate a forum to death. I don't exactly believe that is moderation's fault, per se. I don't claim to know the point of origin at all. I only know that being offended has been interpreted as being a victim so much that people began feeling as though they cannot speak freely. I address this, in part, because it's exactly the same dynamic taking place with Woke Culture and Cancel Culture. My hope in saying all of this is that, perhaps, those who are able too see what's being addressed when it comes to the forum, might be able to make the connection to, and then reflect upon, the bigger picture that is more important than a forum. The direction societies are going with those subcultures, and whether these are really the right methods for dealing with those larger scale issues, which those subcultures are intending to make right.

Maybe people were held to a standard of conduct that was unrealistic for an internet forum, but perfectly appropriate for something such as a workplace. I don't know. What I do know, is that some degree of conflict is inevitable, and sometimes people do need to fight it out, and not always be so swift to keep the peace. It ends conflicts prematurely, which results in even friends not settling things. It also makes anyone who is offended into a victim, and the offender into a villain. That, in partucular, is a huge problem, as it is a slippery slope to victim-blaming (via grouping together and collectively attacking the character of someone who wasn't even ill-intended despite that it was taken that way), and to vilifying someone who thinks and sees things a bit differently than someone else. The end result of excessive sterilization of speech...is that no one speaks unless it's part of the echo chamber. Meaningful discussion is suppressed in favor of a positive emotional atmosphere; disagreeing enough to hold discussions creates conflicts, and god forbid that happens.

People on this forum tend to take things far too personally, as well as read into subtext ulterior motives that were never even there. I have been guilty of this before myself. My intention is not to insult anybody, but to hopefully invite others to the same kinds of self reflection I have had to do, with consideration for how these actions affect others.

Btw, do try to remember the setting we are all in. Many online members just don't have strong social/communication skills.

Last edited:

SgtP3pper

MBTI Type
INFP

People have been migrating out of discussion forums for a few years now.