• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

typematch tests (with cognitive functions)

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Typematch is another MBTI dating app. They offer 4 tests on their website, one is a direct type-tests using cognitive functions, then there are 2 tests regarding judging functions (TeFi vs FeTi) and another one for the perceiving functions.

Personality Test – TypeMatchApp
MBTI Judging Functions Quiz- (Fe/Ti vs. Fi/Te) – TypeMatchApp
MBTI Judging Functions Quiz #2- (Fe/Ti vs. Fi/Te) – TypeMatchApp
How do you mainly perceive the world? – TypeMatchApp

No registration or working email required.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP

You are a Te & Fi user

You are a Fi & Te user

You are a Ne/Si user with a preference for Ne

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
ENTJ - The Rational Boss

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
God, there were questions in the Fe/Ti Te/Fi quizzes where I really had to think of an extreme scenario to see which option comes out at the top. Not even halfway through the first test I could tell I was going to get INTJ so I skipped it.

You are a Ni/Se user with a preference for Ni

You are a Fi & Te user & You are a Te & Fi user for quiz #3 and #4, though they seem almost contradictory.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTP

It put xSFPs as almost best matches for INTP and xSFJs as worst. LMAO.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It put xSFPs as almost best matches for INTP and xSFJs as worst. LMAO.

Eh, their ideal matches are... not... what I would say... (to be fair, I'm not sure I even know any ENFJs in person which are supposed to be the INFP's best match according to them. Or any INFJs...)

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Eh, their ideal matches are... not... what I would say... (to be fair, I'm not sure I even know any ENFJs in person which are supposed to be the INFP's best match according to them. Or any INFJs...)

I know one ENFJ, but she's unhealthy. I know a handful of xNTJs though.
In my experience, I tend to clash with Ni reasoning ("you're so closed minded, the final outcome/the right explaination could also be X, Y, Z"- to see myself disproved later), and prefer Si over Se, so their matches kind of... surprised me. At least, theoretically speaking.
I prefer the socionics guess to their one, but I struggle to accept even that one. Ideally any person could be a "match", regardless of type.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

I did went to a lot of topics over the internet on "[Type] Which type are your best friends?" and from that I got that, in general, the best friend is one of the cousins and the own type is one of the best.

There is also oddlydeveloped types mentioning a study that I think its paid that researched Kersei temperaments (NT, NF, SJ and SP) on a date. Here is the oddlydeveloped description for INTP but the stats serve for every type:

oddlydevelopedtypes.com said:
Do opposites attract? Tieger and Barron-Tieger (2000) found that Rational-Rational pairings have an average satisfaction rate of 59%. But in fact, Rational-Idealist pairings have an even higher satisfaction rate, namely 65%. (Note that this was the Rational rating for the pairing; Idealists rated the pairing at 64%).

What about the other temperaments? Guardians with a Rational spouse tended to have a 62% satisfaction rate, whereas Rationals with a Guardian spouse reported a 52% satisfaction rate.

As for the SPs, Artisans with Rational spouses tended to have a 73% satisfaction rate, while Rationals with Artisan spouses tended to have only a 54% satisfaction rate.

So are you confused yet? Let’s summarize.

Rationals were 65% satisfied with Idealists.
Rationals were 59% satisfied with Rationals.
Rationals were 54% satisfied with Artisans.
Rationals were 52% satisfied with Guardians.

But satisfaction between the temperaments was not equal. In fact, all the other temperaments rated the Rationals higher than the Rationals rated them (see below). Tieger and Barron-Tieger suggested that NTs may rate their partners lower than average since they tend to be the most critical temperament and set particularly high standards. This would tend to depress Rational scores more than would be reflected in reality.

Seen from a reverse perspective, here is how Rationals are viewed by the other temperaments:

Artisans are most satisfied with Rationals (73%)
Idealists are second most satisfied with Rationals (64%)
Guardians are third most satisfied with Rationals (62%)
Rationals are fourth most satisfied with Rationals (59%)

Isn’t this a fascinating mess of information? Let’s put it into context.

SJ x SJ 79%
NF x NF 73%
SP x NT 73%
SJ x SP 71%
NT x NF 65%
NF x NT 64%
SP x SJ 63%
SJ x NT 62%
SP x SP 59%
NT x NT 59%
SJ x NF 58%
NT x SP 54%
SP x NF 54%
NT x SJ 52%
NF x SP 51%
NF x SJ 46%

Now, it is a mistake to generalize by temperament--it’s frequent that types will go counter-temperament, and temperament is not the definitive factor in explaining type-based behavior most of the time (CITE)--but since we don’t have anything better to go on...

Ever since Keirsey, an INTP himself, published Please Understand Me II in 1998, it has generally been accepted that the Idealists are the best partners for the Rationals. This appears to be true--at least from the Rational point of view. The Idealists, however, actually tend to be more satisfied with other Idealists, having a satisfaction rate of 73%.

But Rationals are the second favorite choice for the Idealists. Indeed, NF-NT and NT-NF satisfaction rates fell within 1 percentage point of each other--a very equal evaluation indeed. And if we accept the fact that Rationals tend to be overcritical and depress their perceived satisfaction, it may be that Rationals actually like Idealists even more.

This equality is in stark contrast to the SP-NT and NT-SP pairing. It appears that Artisans are delighted with Rationals, but Rationals are ambivalent about Artisans and Sensors in general. The Guardians for their part are simply not that satisfied with either Rationals or Idealists, but really go for other Sensors.

It would seem that for Rationals, the Idealists generally make the most satisfying temperament pairing. This is a generalization that may or may not apply to all Rational types.

One further thing that should be noted here is that the Rationals reported a narrow range of satisfaction compared to other types.

Rationals: 52% - 65% (13 percentage points of difference)
Idealists: 46% - 73% (27 percentage points of difference)
Artisans: 52% - 73% (21 percentage points of difference)
Guardians: 58% to 79% (21 percentage points of difference)

Compared to other types, the Rationals don’t seem to have much to lose if they make a random choice.

There are also these descriptions from ENFP page:
Oddlydevelopedtypes said:
What Types do ENFPs Like?

About all we know is that ENFP-ISTJ couples tend to seek therapy more often than other combinations.

Love

A caveat. Isabel Myers (INFP) married a man named Chief, an ISTJ and a good man. They were happy together, but according to Isabel's own type theory they weren't predicted to be perfect for each other. Later on, Myers said that if she had known about type theory, she probably wouldn't have married Chief. Hm! There is a lesson to be learned here: type is not everything, nor should it be the decisive factor in choosing your lifemate. Take it from the founder of type herself.

Then too, the connections between type, attraction, love and marriage haven't been well studied yet.

And from an article:

Type and Love - Is There a Connection?

Studies of type, attraction, marriage and satisfaction have yielded some interesting results. Often the results contradict each other. Partner selection (the biggy) actually has fairly few correlations with type. The studies that do exist are rather small, leaving data gaps and unanswered questions. The problem is this: to answer with certainty the question of whether or not certain types are attracted to certain other types, we would need to sample at least 136 potential pairings. And this would merely give us one example of each type matched with every other possible type. But if you wanted actual results, you would need to have several dozen times times this number of pairings. Big studies get expensive.

Furthermore, that still doesn't answer the question of whether initial attraction implies marital satisfaction, or how to interpret the results. For example, suppose that you simply wanted to see if people are drawn to those with more or less similar personality types. To do this, you might try comparing the amount of letters that each personality in a pair has in common. So then if you had an ENTJ-ENFJ pairing with high attraction, you would say, "Aha, similarities attract!" But in fact, ENTJs and ENFJs are as different as night and day--despite having three letters in common. If anything, this is proof that opposites attract.

And how does one measure similarity or difference? Or satisfaction? Each type has different satisfiers; the gesture of love that one type finds deeply meaningful may be shrugged off by another type. Some types have high needs and others have low needs. Is it possible to define "satisfaction" in a way that equally represents the opinions of everyone? Finally, how do we deal with the problem of (for example) the type whose perfect match is the INFP, a type which is hard to find, let alone marry? Even if type A is madly attracted to type B and they would be absolutely perfect together, it doesn't do any good if type B is rare and unavailable. So perhaps type A will marry another, more common type (type C) in droves. Thus the study would "prove" that type A and type C are highly compatible, when in fact type A is actually more compatible with type B.

Has any study accounted for these all problems?

Not yet. The bottom line is, they just don't know.

So, don't be too concerned if your beloved doesn't match the "ideal" type recommended by theorists. Everybody is in the exact same boat with you.

By oddly developed types and from what I have, this idea that the opposite type is the best match is dangerously wrong. It is more likely that the best match is - mostly - one of the cousins or people from the same type. However some few types have auto-repulse between the same type and prefers another type instead, sometimes at conceptual level. And type perhaps is just one factor.

And, of course, getting back to the thread, this is a big reasoning about why you guys should not take this test love recommendations (as many MBTI tests) seriously.

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks for the input [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION], even though I didn't intend this to be a post about relationships. I simply thought it's an interesting take on the cognitive functions and those are the only assessments out there which measure function axis. I think there's value in it no matter what you think about the tandem approach, as reckful calls it.

The first of the two judging function tests is focused on Te vs Ti, the other one is Fe vs Fi. From what I've seen so far, no one seems to have contradicting results on both these tests.

I can't say much about the relationship stuff, other than what [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] already quoted. I've read somewhere that people seem to chose similar partners over time, even after breakups.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Thanks for the input [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION], even though I didn't intend this to be a post about relationships. I simply thought it's an interesting take on the cognitive functions and those are the only assessments out there which measure function axis. I think there's value in it no matter what you think about the tandem approach, as reckful calls it.

The first of the two judging function tests is focused on Te vs Ti, the other one is Fe vs Fi. From what I've seen so far, no one seems to have contradicting results on both these tests.

I can't say much about the relationship stuff, other than what [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] already quoted. I've read somewhere that people seem to chose similar partners over time, even after breakups.

I know, sorry to derail things a bit.
I think that is really the best info we can actually get in types and relationships. I know there are a lot of people on the internet about that, but they are full of theories that probably wont make to reality and some that also make very little sense when you consider everything; Like, for example, how one really thinks that opposite types are the best or a very good relationships? Its a recipe for constant fighting with basically everything. I dont think the relationships for marriage or for the very closest friends are like a team in a office that needs to have different people for very different kinds of tasks and having some good common ground is something I consider important.

Sorry to derail a little bit again ^^.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My results to those four tests, in order.

Your Personality Type is
ISFP - The Artistic Free Spirit

You are a Fe & Ti user

You are a Fi & Te user

You are A Ne/Si user with a preference for Si

I love their focus on cognitive functions.

Maybe I'm just inconsistent (which kind of bothers me as a probable Ji-dom) but the tests do not hold up accurately to one type for me. Also, I disagree with their result of me being a Si-Ne user (in MBTI).

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP - The Artistic Free Spirit

You are a Fe & Ti user

You are a Fi & Te user

You are a Ni/Se user with a preference for Se

I am not surprised that I got contrasting results of Ti/Fe vs Fi/Te, I have both Ti and Fi pretty high and Fe and Te as lowest functions, I'm pretty sure I'm Ti/Fe though because if I have to think in terms of inferior functions and problems related to it, the problems related to low extroverted feeling have definitely been a constant in my life more than anything else. I'm also not surprised I got ISFP instead of ISTP, I'm a bit of a crybaby and definitely more sensitive and emotional than the average ISTP stereotype seems to impose (even though no one seems to tell the same, just by looking at me from the outside)
Se/Ni is pretty certain though

isang

Your Personality Type is
INFJ - The Empathetic Guru

The function tests were accurate, but the type test was not. I like the format!

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) Skipped

2) Fe/Ti user

3)Fe/Ti

4)Ne/Si