• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me: Round 3

Vendrah

Never-retiring Millenial
MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] I prefer to see the thread keep going before saying anything at all. And I wish I would see attachments XD.

[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] could you explain your reasoning on why that wouldn't be the case?

Well, in short, there are multiple concepts of E/I and the social aspect is one of them, but, most important here and in short as well, if a person pass through some occasion where the environment wont let or punish the person to be herself/himself (such as bullying and etc..) OR the person has a present (or a short-term past) of neuroticism, having avoidant behaviour, being more quiet, staying to yourself, feel uncomfortable in groups and etc are a natural expected outcome, but thats not introversion, but rather self-protection. Making the difference between "repressed extrovert" (or self-protection measures) and real introvert isnt easy, and thats why I generally prefer to use the very few questions which has more or less some sort of immunity to these cases (the 4 questions I asked right before and were answered in a PM). Im not the only one and a good part of MBTI online community thinks that using only social evaluations to determinate whatever a person is extroverted or introverted is a superficial/shallow view.

Legion

complete
MBTI Type
INF
Enneagram
[MENTION=32874] [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]: I'm sorry we got in a tiff. I wasn't even mad, not one bit.

I didn't view it as a tiff, I just made an observation. I could have been off-base.

Cupcakemonster

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] I don't think it's superficial or shallow. It's definitely not the only thing that should be taken into account & I understand what you're saying. However, I still think it's a big part of determining E vs. I & shouldn't just be discarded. I think a lot of people on some of these online forums overly theorize possibilities when it comes to other people's types, & after a point I think it just becomes more confusing than helpful though.

Vendrah

Never-retiring Millenial
MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
[MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] I don't think it's superficial or shallow. It's definitely not the only thing that should be taken into account & I understand what you're saying. However, I still think it's a big part of determining E vs. I & shouldn't just be discarded. I think a lot of people on some of these online forums overly theorize possibilities when it comes to other people's types, & after a point I think it just becomes more confusing than helpful though.

The odds of you to be right in general cases with that approach is high. In short term analysis, that can be perfectly used.
That is a main stream approach as well. In one way or another, official MBTI works in a similar mindset.
However, there are odds that the person is indeed on the state which I described.
And for [MENTION=29921]awbro[/MENTION] I have my doubts, I think the approach is too simplistic and we could see a very different text next year if things keeps getting better for awbro.
Perhaps you havent noticed or havent look some other threads beyond that, but I see signs of repressed extraversion and shadow. And, look, me saying that a person is or was in shadow is quite rare.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator Only me cant see attachments of any kind here? @highlander - I cant see attachments!! I wish it was/were that easy. But there are cases where things are more complicated, and awbro is such a case. Its ok. Childhood one helps lots of times, not always although.
I can see the attachments just fine

Vendrah

Never-retiring Millenial
MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I can see the attachments just fine

I cant, it appears the message I sent before.
At the post it just appears the number of attachment and a link, and when I clicked that message goes.
Its happening with a lot of attachments lately.

awbro

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think I've settled on ENTP for now, with ENFP and ESFP following behind...

If anyone wants to battle me, go ahead. I'm not afraid. :p

awbro

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How does everyone feel about ENTP?

awbro

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Now I'm battling between Ti and Te... hmm.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello! I'm going to respond here rather than over dms just so you have all the information you're looking at in one place. I'm not going to directly quote the other questionaire you provided me, however I am using it as a point of reference to explain my points.

My comments are in a nice shade of auburn(?)

The questionnaire you provided me:

As a point of reference for something I'm seeing a lot on this thread, Si is not a memory based function as much as people would like to make it out to be. It's very much a subjective sensing function, the world is taken in through the lenses of the tangible and how you're effected by it (not even at an emotional level, it's difficult describe despite me supposedly being Si dom by mbti standards). Si in general I've noticed can be much like a storehouse of perceptions and knowledge that is of interest/knowledge that "strikes them." Which is why this in particular, which I noted was pretty much exactly compliant with the definition of Si (where as the Ni relation you mentioned was very much not type related):
Dom Si: I am very keen on remembering and collecting facts if it's an area of interest, and I go all in to show my love for the subject. I get obsessed.

Nonetheless, I'm still not confident in you having Si, but I've always been kind of a hit or miss when gauging the perceiving axes (unless the person I was typing happened to be very obvious, which I'd argue you aren't). Again, it's odd, I don't see inferior Si either, which makes me think it's possible you may be high Se (especially since you do seem more action oriented).

Right now, I'm thinking IxFP or IxTJ (unless you feel strongly towards extroversion, in which case I'd be completely lost; You seem more receptive than active despite your activity level). Order wise, I actually think ISFP could be a possibility, although a lot of people were picking up Ne-Si on this thread so you could just be like... INFP, dunno why I was having some much issue with perceiving functions this time around, last time we interacted I thought you were clearly Si, this time I'm not so certain. I not ISFP, I think ISTJ could also be possible because it balances out the T and F functions more by the traditional stack method. INTJ and INFP could also be possible too if I'm just off about you being a sensor. I'll throw in some questions a bit later/eventually to try and narrow down the perceiving axis a bit more, I feel like my response may have been entirely unhelpful outside of the fact that I really do think Te-Fi suits you better than the Ti-Fe axis.

As a random aside, if you're ever feeling up to playing around with socionics, I'd suggest looking into ESI. You seem like you could be Fe ignoring potentially. It may also be worth looking into 6 core rather than 3 core if you feel iffy about 3 core in any facet. You come across both competency oriented and compliant (specifically by definition of the enneagram triads), so it's sort of a tough call. I recall having this issue in your typing last time as well.

awbro

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Right now, I'm thinking IxFP or IxTJ (unless you feel strongly towards extroversion, in which case I'd be completely lost; You seem more receptive than active despite your activity level). Order wise, I actually think ISFP could be a possibility, although a lot of people were picking up Ne-Si on this thread so you could just be like... INFP, dunno why I was having some much issue with perceiving functions this time around, last time we interacted I thought you were clearly Si, this time I'm not so certain. I not ISFP, I think ISTJ could also be possible because it balances out the T and F functions more by the traditional stack method. INTJ and INFP could also be possible too if I'm just off about you being a sensor. I'll throw in some questions a bit later/eventually to try and narrow down the perceiving axis a bit more, I feel like my response may have been entirely unhelpful outside of the fact that I really do think Te-Fi suits you better than the Ti-Fe axis.

As a random aside, if you're ever feeling up to playing around with socionics, I'd suggest looking into ESI. You seem like you could be Fe ignoring potentially. It may also be worth looking into 6 core rather than 3 core if you feel iffy about 3 core in any facet. You come across both competency oriented and compliant (specifically by definition of the enneagram triads), so it's sort of a tough call. I recall having this issue in your typing last time as well.
Thank you for the analysis!

Which seems more likely, sensor or intuitive? I say sensor, but that's up to you, of course.

I am inclined toward morality, human-based systems. However, I think I tend to be somewhat "bilingual" when it comes to sensor vs. intuitive talk, which might be the cause of the confusion. Is ISTJ the best fit type?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for the analysis!

Which seems more likely, sensor or intuitive? I say sensor, but that's up to you, of course.

I am inclined toward morality, human-based systems. However, I think I tend to be somewhat "bilingual" when it comes to sensor vs. intuitive talk, which might be the cause of the confusion. Is ISTJ the best fit type?

Personally, I think sensor seems to fit better, you seem relatively grounded and focused more on the tangible than the abstract. I think that could be accounted for with you having a relatively high iq (ie. good pattern recognition) and a decently high openness by big 5 standards. I think ISTJ could work and if that doesn't, ISFP could be a secondary option.

Cupcakemonster

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I agree with RadicalDoubt's analysis for you. I've been thinking along the same lines for you for awhile.

awbro

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think I'll take the common denominator of the types and call myself ISFJ.

awbro

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So I'm going to drop a few more Q&A here. No one has to do anything with them. I'm just posting them here for reference. If you're bored and want to type me, you can if you wish. I'm bored, too :newwink:

Last edited:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh come on. You're INFJ. People over-exaggerate the elusivity of "N". It's ridiculous. The mere fact that you're interested in psychology already counts as N. Even other stronger N types don't find personality systems interesting.

awbro

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh come on. You're INFJ. People over-exaggerate the elusivity of "N". It's ridiculous. The mere fact that you're interested in psychology already counts as N. Even other stronger N types don't find personality systems interesting.
If this is sarcasm, I find it hilarious. Thanks for giving me a laugh, [MENTION=9065]Craft[/MENTION]. If it wasn't... oops :p

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If this is sarcasm, I find it hilarious. Thanks for giving me a laugh, [MENTION=9065]Craft[/MENTION]. If it wasn't... oops :p

It isn't. *awkward silence*. lol. But I'm pleased my frequent nonsense at least generated some minor joy.

awbro

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think you should had taken without the parents.
Yeah, this makes things more complicated. I would expect anything with EXXP.
I took it again (all this time later, haha) and got ENP. :ROFLMAO: Perhaps the mystery is getting closer to being solved? And by the way, I'm not quoting you to bother you or squeeze more info out of you; rather I'm just trying to show you I do have some follow-through when it comes to this stuff. I re-read stuff from time to time and I think I understand you and @Legion better. Did I ever say how much I appreciated your help? 'Cause I do :whistle: