• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thought on medical-assisted suicide?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are your thoughts on euthanasia?

I believe strongly in what is natural. Beings that doesn't have any hope of living somewhat independently in the first place or in case of severe injury that causes lifelong coma shouldn't be pained with existence, whether they be animals or humans.
We're all animals, and it just doesn't seem right.
I sure wouldn't like to live a life of suffering without dignity, whether I was aware of this or not.

Suicide in general?

Can be the only road left, sometimes, and it is everyones' right to end ones life.

Religious reasons? Moral/ethical reasons?

For opposing euthanasia or suicide? No. I find many reasons for it, however.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I think it's 'or something'.

And that something is low, reinforced, concrete walls around Government buildings in Canberra, the Capital of Australia.

And the reinforced, concrete walls are not to stop Anglican suicide bombers in explosive laden trucks, but to stop Muslim suicide bombers in explosive laden trucks.

And yet Muslim imams in Australia still keep preaching hatred of women and violence towards infidels.

And no wonder because the literal word of Allah, the Koran, commands Muslims to Jihad and Martyrdom.

The Australian Imams and the Muslim suicide bombers are only carrying out their religious duty. Meanwhile we live behind concrete walls.

Bravo for having the most ill-informed, subjective and ignorant comment Victor.

Riva

MBTI Type
KUJA
If I get alzheimers like my grandmother.. I want to be medically assisted in my suicide. I wouldn't be myself anymore.. just a shell of a being, running on auto-pilot until I short circuit.

I'm not and advocate of suicide.. life is the best, and only, possession I truly own. But, if I cannot be myself during it anymore.. than it's not mine anymore either.

This.

I have a neighbour who is suffering from that disgusting decease and I thought to myself that I would surely commit suicide (medically assisted) if it happens to myself.

That being said terminally ill patients should also be allowed access to it.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Libertarians like myself believe you should be able to do with your body as you please and to engage in a business relationship with another party to end your life. There are too many busy bodies in the world. Just leave people alone.

ceecee

Dunkin Enthusiast
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've always supported end of life choices. No reason at all for the state to be involved in a medical decision between doctors and patients.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my best friend has ms, and she wants to move to oregon at some point so that's an option for her. and i don't blame her because she'll reach the point that she'll be completely dependent on someone else,

if i ever get super sick i want that option but because of my mental health shit that's never gonna be option, so i guess i'll blow my brains out