• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The sea...

Do you feel this "longing" towards the sea?

• Total voters
V

violaine

I love being near the sea, at the very least I feel the need to live near water. I particularly love a windblown, desolate beach in winter. I love watching the sea during winter and thunderstorms, all that power and turmoil. Thrilling!

Cameigons

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
4w3
I'm currently living hundreds of miles into the continent. A part of me that I miss has stayed behind, sitting at the beach and gazing the horizon, while thinking about anything at all. :boohoo:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. My vacations to the coast have simply been the most relaxing and even fulfilling. While I like traveling in general, I don't get the same sort of "warm gooey sensation" in my chest that being by the ocean gives me. I can almost forget about the shitty person I am and just lose myself in my surroundings. I'm sure it wouldn't last for long, but beach trips are just refreshing. I can get some of the same benefits by a lake or river, but there's nothing like the sea.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I grew up near the east coast of the US, and miss it every day I have lived away, which is many years now. Sometimes I wonder if I should have joined the Navy instead of the Air Force.

iu

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Living in Chicago, I do miss going to the real ocean. I'm not sure I feel longing towards it; I'm not a Sindarin Elf or anything.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

- - - Updated - - -

I get weird when I get too far away from the Sea.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know about longing, but it makes me feel something. I don't actually like being in the water all that much(it feels suffocating), but looking at it is a beautifully eerie feeling. It makes me feel like I'm gaming and I'm at the edge of the map, and it also makes me realize how far away everything is from me. I think everything is prettier at the seaside, from the harbors in Norway to the boardwalks of the Mid Atlantic to the idyllic seaside towns here in Maine. Doesn't matter if the beaches are icy or tropical, all gorgeous. I adore the seaside aesthetics-lighthouses, saltwater taffy, sailor dresses, anchors, submarines. It's my little dreamscape, I suppose. And sure, I'm not a big swimmer, but I love combing the beach for treasures-sea glass, cool rocks, shells, starfish, clams. So yeah, it's ironic I'm obsessed with everything that comes from the water, I just don't like the water.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I grew up just a few miles from this:
11458-004-FEE2EFCB.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if I should have joined the Navy instead of the Air Force.

The Cat

Staff member
Well, I have a fascination towards the creatures within it.
Yeah me too. With all the utterly horrifying ways to die in open water, I'm EXTREMELY fascinated with the writhing monstrosities that lie waiting to consume my remains in the stgyian abyssal depths.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah me too. With all the utterly horrifying ways to die in open water, I'm EXTREMELY fascinated with the writhing monstrosities that lie waiting to consume my remains in the stgyian abyssal depths.
I'm of the opinion that because of coral reef bleaching, we deserve whatever these creatures do to us.

The Cat

Staff member
I'm of the opinion that because of coral reef bleaching, we deserve whatever these creatures do to us.
They would have done it without coral reef bleaching, ants dont get to determine the means by which aardvarks crave their flavor and seek them out.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They would have done it without coral reef bleaching, ants dont get to determine the means by which aardvarks crave their flavor and seek them out.
Quiet you, I'm trying to write the next The Happening.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No one but you stops you.

I've spoken to some Hollywood big-wigs and it's now a direct Happening sequel, except no characters from the first movie are in it. They want to piggy-back off of the awesome success of the first one as much as possible. So the film will now be titled The Happening 2: Let's Get Wet!

I quite like the opening scene. It features a bevy of sea captains having their Annual Gathering of the Sea Captains (which is definitely not something I just made up) on a giant ocean liner. The sea captains, who all use old-timey sea lingo and accents like the one from the Simpsons, are just standing around telling stories about confusing manatees for mermaids and so forth when all of sudden eight of them are pulled overboard by giant tentacles. It turns out it is a gigantic octopus, and he is bringing all his gigantic octopus friends to enact revenge on humans for what they have done to the ocean.

Cut to 6 weeks later: international commerce is in chaos because there are no sea captains left to run the boats. People are just eating fruit out of cans, and worst of all, nobody trusts the Gorton's Fisherman. And there's a new politician whose star is on the rise (get ready for some spicy digs at Trump, audience), Billy Blobfish, who asssures voters that his resemblance to an actual blobfish is pure coincidence. "C'mon guys if I was actually a blobfish pretending to be a human why would I give myself the last name Blobfish?"

I'm thinking of bringing Poseidon into this except Disney might sue me for stealing from The Little Mermaid. But I really do want to make Greek mythology real in the Happeningverse.

Last edited:

The Cat

Staff member
I've spoken to some Hollywood big-wigs and it's now a direct Happening sequel, except no characters or events from the first movie are in it. They want to piggy-back off of the awesome success of the first one as much as possible. So the film will now be titled The Happening 2: Let's Get Wet!

I quite like the opening scene. It features a bevy of sea captains having their Annual Gathering of the Sea Captains (which is definitely not something I just made up) on a giant ocean liner. The sea captains, who all use old-timey sea lingo and accents like the one from the Simpsons, are just standing around telling stories about confusing manatees for mermaids and so forth when all of sudden eight of them are pulled overboard by giant tentacles. It turns out it is a gigantic octopus, and he is bringing all his gigantic octopus friends to enact revenge on humans for what they have done to the ocean.

Cut to 6 weeks later: international commerce is in chaos because there are no sea captains left to run the boats. People are just eating fruit out of cans, and worst of all, nobody trusts the Gorton's Fisherman. And there's a new politician whose star is on the rise (get ready for some spicy digs at Trump, audience), Billy Blobfish, who asssures voters that his resemblance to an actual blobfish is pure coincidence. "C'mon guys if I was actually a blobfish pretending to be a human why would I give myself the last name Blobfish?"

I'm thinking of bringing Poseidon into this except Disney might sue me for stealing from The Little Mermaid. But I really do want to make Greek mythology real in the Happeningverse.
Disney used Triton not Poseidon, Triton is the son of Poseidon and technically only a demi god.