• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Post songs and I'll MBTI/enneatype them.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And then another personal favorite if you're bored/feeling generous.

Yeah, I'm both bored and feeling generous right now, so bring on all the songs you want lol.

Looking into the lyrics, they're a lot sadder than I've expected. I think the song is very 9 in terms of attachment, and that line of "I won't let my guard down / for anyone but you" seems withdrawn-triad. The other two fixes aren't super clear. would probably say 6w5 as the head fix, as it accommodates both the withdrawn and attachment triads. Heart fix, I'd probably say 2, just from vibes, and the song fits as a 269 tritype. The guardedness and melancholy do make me think the song is sp-dom, and I would say sx-second. The variants do seem to have push-and-pull in this track. MBTI isn't super clear either, but all the metaphors do strike me as Ne. I think it's pretty Fi in terms of introspection as well.

Final verdict: INFP 9w1 6w5 2w1 sp/sx

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

My mood rn. Enneagram this song like one of your French girls.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting to hear Mariah Carey outside of her biggest hits.

First impression is that this song is extremely Si/Ne. It sounds like it's from the 70s, which was her intention, from what I'm reading. However, the way she's describing what's going around her is very personal to her own senses. There's a lot of Ne imagination going on too, which makes me think it's not inferior. Definitely Fe > Te. As for enneagram, I don't think it's as clear in this song. Probably 2 core with integration to 4. I would say 9 next, since there's merging going on, and just zero indication of either 8 or 1. I'd say 6-last to make this a double attachment song, which I think would fit it pretty well. For variants, definitely sx-first, and sp-second since there's no need for the soc-variant in this track.

Final verdict: ESFJ 2w3 9w1 6w7 sx/sp

Really interesting! I actually feel it's easier to type songs Enneagram-wise, because lyricism can reflect more our core desires and fears (as opposed to the way we perceive and respond to the world). To me, this is a very lonely song because the speaker in reminiscing over a serene moment in time that they can never seem to recapture. So I can definitely agree with 2 with integration to 4. I feel like you were right to hone in one production when looking at MBTI too. I think the way we compose music could probably reflect more about Jungian preferences (like you said about how the song gives off a very nostalgic vibe speaking to Si finding comfort in what it's experienced). Or in another vein, I could expect ExxP production to involve more chaotic changes in melodic structure or experimenting with different mixtures of sounds - like Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen or something.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

Yeah, I'm both bored and feeling generous right now, so bring on all the songs you want lol.

Looking into the lyrics, they're a lot sadder than I've expected. I think the song is very 9 in terms of attachment, and that line of "I won't let my guard down / for anyone but you" seems withdrawn-triad. The other two fixes aren't super clear. would probably say 6w5 as the head fix, as it accommodates both the withdrawn and attachment triads. Heart fix, I'd probably say 2, just from vibes, and the song fits as a 269 tritype. The guardedness and melancholy do make me think the song is sp-dom, and I would say sx-second. The variants do seem to have push-and-pull in this track. MBTI isn't super clear either, but all the metaphors do strike me as Ne. I think it's pretty Fi in terms of introspection as well.

Final verdict: INFP 9w1 6w5 2w1 sp/sx

I honestly didn't expect such different typings between these two songs. Since they're very slow romantic songs, I feel like the average passerby would pigeonhole them into a certain category. But I think this analysis is very thoughtful and showed me how intentionally you listen to the songs and pay attention to the writing. Although now I just realized you put both of these as 269 haha, but I could very well see that as my own tritype so I appreciate that and it makes sense.

Thank you so much for your time :hug:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually if you're still bored and feeling generous like you said, I've been listening to this duo of Japanese girls recently too. :D I don't think there's lyrics really, because they're basically saying Namakopuri no Trap over and over.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My mood rn. Enneagram this song like one of your French girls.

I've been waiting for someone to have me type something melancholic/dark, and you delivered. I dig it.

Hmm, I usually have issues enneagram-typing a song without any lyrics, but this song really tells a story that speaks to me through the video and instrumentation. I think it's a very withdrawn song, 9+4 definitely. I would probably say it's a 6 fix since I think it could be double-reactive, some places almost sound like doom metal to me. I think quite soc-blind, but I'm not sure if it has more sx or sp. Therefore, I'd lean toward the synflow type since the variants don't seem to be a push and pull. As for MBTI, it's definitely an introvert, probably Fi. Se/Ni vs. Ne/Si isn't very clear and I usually determine that through lyrics, but I would say this could be in a Fi-Ni loop.

Final verdict: ISFP 9w1 4w5 6w7 sx/sp

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually if you're still bored and feeling generous like you said, I've been listening to this duo of Japanese girls recently too. :D I don't think there's lyrics really, because they're basically saying Namakopuri no Trap over and over.

Very interesting track.

It's another song without notable lyrics, but I think it's a fairly easier one to type. I think it shows the "bright" side of 7 in terms of its sound, particularly 7w6. I'd also peg it as a 2 fix, since the aesthetic seems like it's mainly meant to be cutesy, which probably matches with the 2 motivations more than the other image types. It's quite assertive-sounding, so I'd actually have it as an 8 fix. Double-positive, double-assertive. I'm not really sure how to variant-type it. I think sp-blind. MBTI, I think its sound is very Se. Fe vs. Fi isn't very clear and I don't think it has much of either, nor is it a particularly T song, but I'd go with ESFP based on vibe.

Final verdict: ESFP 7w6 2w3 8w7 sx/so

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Another type based solely on vibe, as this is an instrumental. It's very chill and melancholy in terms of sound, even sort of introspective in a way, which would make me lean 9 + 5. However, it also seems pretty spacey and confident, so I'd buy 5 + 3. Detached, sort of dispassionate, maybe sx-blind. Vibing functions are harder to me, but the song seems like something an INxP would listen to, and I'm inclined to say T.

Final verdict: INTP 9w8 5w6 3w4 sp/so

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoa, sorry guys. I forgot about this thread. I'll type all of the above this week.