• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Post songs and I'll MBTI/enneatype them.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't bother putting effort into typing people unless they type me first, especially if I don't care about them, so I'm definitely not going to offer that like some generous souls have been doing.

However, I like assigning types to arbitrary things... Songs are actually one of my favorite things to type.

I'm always looking forward to discovering new music anyway, so feel free to send me any song and I'll type it with a bit of explanation. Just seems kinda fun and I'm bored AF.

My posts will be similar to what I did here.

At minimum: If it's not very deep, I'll give it a couple of cognitive functions and enneagram types it seems like on a superficial level.
At maximum: If it gives me a lot to work with, I'll suggest a full MBTI and tritype with VIs.

If you send me multiple songs, I'll probably only type whichever looks the most interesting until I can get through everyone. If this thread turns out to be a dud and you're the only one here, then sure, send me as much as you want.

Also, whatever I say here is just my opinion. If you disagree with me, that's fine. If you feel like arguing, I won't care about your analyses.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

you probably saw this coming from 6 miles away. XD

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

you probably saw this coming from 6 miles away. XD

Lol I completely forgot about this thread, I'm sorry.

Well, this one was harder since I couldn't find the lyrics listed anywhere. Good thing Samuel Larsen has clear enunciation. In terms of sound alone, I think it sounds pretty sx-dom with that heavy bass and his singing style, and probably a chill, more easygoing type, I'd say some sort of positive outlook. Probably Se/Ni of some sort and maybe Fe rather than Fi? Looking deeper into the words he's saying, I think my impressions are pretty accurate. I'd narrow it down to either a 7 or 9 core, probably with a 3w2 fix since I don't think it's triple positive outlook, and since I can't seriously type a song I'll get a bit stereotypical and say he just sounds like a cool guy.

Final verdict: ESTP 9w8 7w6 3w2 sx/sp

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

A classic, but I don't think I've ever listened to this song in its entirety, or I don't remember it. Also, I actually never knew the singer looked like that. Irrelevant though, just some comments.

Anyway, I think it's another pretty clear positive outlook song. It's also quite assertive, because of lines like "now we look it in the eyes," "just tell them we're survivors," "we won't hesitate," etc. So I would go with 7w8 as the core and 9w8 as the first fix (I do see some connections to 8 in this song, but nowhere near enough to actually be a fix). To round it off, I'd probably say 3w2 or 2w3 as the fix, but I would definitely lean more toward 3 to give it double-assertive. The track seems sort of sx-dom and sp-blind. MBTI-wise, I'm not really sure. I think it's pretty Se, and quite Fi.

Final verdict: ESFP 7w8 9w8 3w2 sx/so

I promise I don't type all songs as 379, lol.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How am I just now seeing this thread?!

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How am I just now seeing this thread?!

Haha. It didn't help that I let it die for a few weeks.

Anyway, songs that tell stories are pretty hard for me to type, especially when they have two characters like this. Unlike the previous two songs, I think that this track in general seems to be more on the Si/Ne axis. Not (just) because it is old, but the summer wine metaphor just seems like it was written using those functions rather than Se/Ni (not looking too deeply into it, of course). It's pretty dreamy so I'd vibe it as high Fi, I think both characters value that function. Enneagram is even tougher. There's definitely 7 in here, the guy character seems particularly 7. Probably more 7w8. The girl seems like more of a 2 though I think she has 7 in her, maybe 6w7 though. The overall song sounds kinda 9-ish, I guess because it's chill. Very sx song, obviously.

Final verdict: INFP 7w6 2w3 9w8 sx/so

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here are my songs:

"Power" by Little Mix:

Power - YouTube

I've heard this song several times before, it's sort of catchy. I appreciate their vocal talent of Little Mix.

This song is pretty obviously assertive triad, the singers are trying to show that they're in control and assert that and that's basically what the song is about. Therefore, it's actually very 8 for a happy-sounding pop song, probably 8w7. I've considered both 6 and 7 as potential head fixes, and I'll probably go with 6w7 since it generally seems reactive. I think a 7-fix would care a bit less about showing their superiority and more about escapism, while I'm not seeing any vibes of escapism here, just a lot of counterphobic themes. And I'll give it a 3w4 fix too.

I'm not too sure about variants, I can see a bit of each, but not very much of any variant. I'd probably wager that it's soc-blind even though I think it's trying to make a statement, it's pretty much focused on the singer's perspective and a man. So sp/sx maybe. Contraflow makes sense. The lyrics are very repetitive and it's hard to get cognitive functions out of it. Definitely an extraverted-lead. I would say that it seems pretty strong in Te and Se. I sense some Fi in it too, though it's not a very introspective song. So it would probably be ESFP.

Final verdict: ESFP 8w7 3w4 6w7 sp/sx

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Warm In The Winter" by Glass Candy:

GLASS CANDY "WARM IN THE WINTER" - YouTube

This song is completely new to me. Quite outside of my style but I did get through the whole thing.

It seems like an extremely positive outlook song. I was ready to type it as triple positive just after I looked through the lyrics. The instrumental and vocal vibe of the song also matches that tritype. I can't really see this track as being any type other than 2, 7, or 9... it was just a matter of choosing the wings and order. It seemed pretty clearly 9-last despite the merging (though that could be explained through the track being pretty sx-dom). I would go with 7w6-core since it seems to be quite escapist, even though the lyrical focus is on love in the air, which is stereotypically 2. In terms of variants, I'm not really sure, so I'll just go with vibes. It doesn't sound very Se, it's not particularly grounded. I also think it's more Fi than Fe. So I'd probably say ENFP.

Final verdict: ENFP 7w6 2w3 9w1 sx/sp

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type my favorite John Cale song. Pretty sure Cale is an INxJ or possibly IxTP

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

My favorite song of all time :heart:

And then another personal favorite if you're bored/feeling generous.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type one of my favorite Goldsmith themes too

WileStyle

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Forever a fan of this band and this particular song. Excited to hear your review for this!

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Forever a fan of this band and this particular song. Excited to hear your review for this!

Hey! I'll listen to and give feedback for the song soon (as well as everyone else's who posted), but this one is blocked in my country. Can you let me know what it is?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type my favorite John Cale song. Pretty sure Cale is an INxJ or possibly IxTP

Enjoyed the sound of this much more than I expected.

Based on one song only (lol) I can see why you have typed him the way you do. I'm not typing the artist himself here, but what I think of the track. This song in particular appears to be more Si due to it paying tribute to a Beach Boys artist, and the lyrics itself seem pretty Si/Ne, in its references. I think the track is probably INTP; it shows no indication of Fi/Te throughout, and I don't think it's inferior Ne. In terms of enneagram, it's a pretty 9-ish song. I see both distance in the singer's attitude here, as well as some merging, both traits that are characteristic in a 9. He sort of does living through observation here, which makes me think of a 5-fix, and I'd probably round it off as a 2-fix since I see the other heart fixes even less. Seems pretty soc-blind, though the merging would make me think sx-dom.

Final verdict: INTP 9w1 5w4 2w1 sx/sp

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hmm, this song was really catchy, even though it's not my kind of music.

This song screams sx 7. Its subject matter is basically highlighting what it feels like to be an unhealthy alcoholic 7, with music behind it to match. It's a very frustrated song, and I think this is the first 4-fixed song I'll be typing in this thread. IDK if fixes can even integrate (nor do I care much), but it kind of seems like 4 growth to 1 in a couple of places. Gut fix, I would say 9, since the lyrics aren't devoid of attachment. MBTI was a bit harder. I don't think that Se-users are necessarily more susceptible to intoxication as a method of coping, but the way it's presented in this song does seem to be high Se. It seems like growing Fi and self-awareness as the artist tells his story and seems to have learned from it.

Final verdict: ESFP 7w8 4w3 9w8 sx/sp

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My favorite song of all time :heart:

Interesting to hear Mariah Carey outside of her biggest hits.

First impression is that this song is extremely Si/Ne. It sounds like it's from the 70s, which was her intention, from what I'm reading. However, the way she's describing what's going around her is very personal to her own senses. There's a lot of Ne imagination going on too, which makes me think it's not inferior. Definitely Fe > Te. As for enneagram, I don't think it's as clear in this song. Probably 2 core with integration to 4. I would say 9 next, since there's merging going on, and just zero indication of either 8 or 1. I'd say 6-last to make this a double attachment song, which I think would fit it pretty well. For variants, definitely sx-first, and sp-second since there's no need for the soc-variant in this track.

Final verdict: ESFJ 2w3 9w1 6w7 sx/sp

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type one of my favorite Goldsmith themes too

I'm not really sure how to type an instrumental. Most of my typings for songs are based on the lyrics, with the vibe of how the music sounds as an influence to what I say. So, I'll just have to go based on vibe for this one... Of course take all my typings with a grain of salt, but this one is worse than usual.

Final verdict: INTJ 1w9 5w4 3w4 sp/so