• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Policy on Aliens (if they exist)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Posting this here, because it doesn't exactly fit in philosophy/science and has been in the news frequently.

Are UFOs Real? - Government's UFO Program - Government Secrets

I believe the response will entirely depend on how much more or less they are evolved than us. If they have FTL, they do not need Earth for resouces. As there is a definate abundance of resources across thd universe. Our value would most assuredly be in life.

I watched an extremly interesting analogy about this.

If they are more evolved, I think contact is limited to preserve us in our natural evoluion. If they were more or equally primitive they would have made contact by now. Regardless of what technical superiority they might have.

What kind of policies would we enact to deal with such possibility? Granted equal rights, by our laws? Would laws be different due to culture? Y'all seen enough Star Trek to get where I am going. Sounds easy if you assume they are all humanoid. Or even carbon based life. What about higher dimensional aliens? They csn be anything.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If aliens have the technology to travel here then I'm guessing the negotiations will be on their terms.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
There's a field manual for extra biological entity encounters called SOM1-01 according to a recent episode of Ancient Aliens.

What to do if you come across E.T.

I haven't read it, but I assume we'd capture them and hide them for study at various military facilities like Area 51.

rav3n

I've yet to figure out why people are so entranced with conspiracy theories about aliens and the gubmint. Or conspiracy theories as a generality.

A more technologically sophisticated species will do whatever they want to do, in the manner they wish to do it. All the human projection in the world won't explain how they think or how they'll react.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i'll let the aliens take over everything if they give me tax cuts. i need diamond studded drapes for my yacht. i need the rainbows from the diamonds to live or else i will be sad from the lack of color and commit suicide.

Actually that's a good premise for a movie (or at least a Vonnegut-esque short story), alien invaders from Mars taking over the government because they promise tax cuts which makes Republicans install them as supreme overlords..

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha, google air bubbles in nasa space walk footage.

Probably just a film defect or particles of ice but still funny to imagine the entire space exploration saga being a carefully filmed hoax.

Capricorn One was a cool film.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Formless protoplasm able to mock and reflect all forms and organs and processes - viscous agglutinations of bubbling cells - rubbery fifteen-foot spheroids infinitely plastic and ductile - slaves of suggestion, builders of cities - more and more sullen, more and more intelligent, more and more amphibious, more and more imitative! Great God! What madness made even those blasphemous Old Ones willing to use and carve such things?

lloevs4.jpg

Nothing to see here. Just a lot of stars, gas, ice, and dust out there. Now go and help stimulate the economy like a good little worker drone.

I’m feeling especially salty today.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to the hippies in the desert there are several different aliens having dealings with earth and some are benevolent and some malevolent. I guess it depends on you particular alien to decide what policies are best. If they are the bad ones, I guess we can ask them to please leave.

I think the tall, skinny, ghostly ones are mellow and cool. But then again they are prolly humans from the future after we add a third strand of DNA and become cyborgs that live a million years or so.

I think they are cute. My policy is that the cute aliens should be our friends. :wubbie::hug::wubbie:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Build a wall and make the Martians pay for it!

Seriously, though, my thought on Aliens is that if they have the sophisticated technology to successfully travel between planets, should they come here, all interactions and responses will largely be on their terms.

I think it's foolish to doubt the existence of other intelligent lifeforms out there given the vastness of space, yet in doubt aliens are coming here being all subtle while enjoying earth as some exotic vacation destination -- I think their interest in Earth would be largely to extract resources.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

Seriously, though, my thought on Aliens is that if they have the sophisticated technology to successfully travel between planets, should they come here, all interactions and responses will largely be on their terms.

I think it's foolish to doubt the existence of other intelligent lifeforms out there given the vastness of space, yet in doubt aliens are coming here being all subtle while enjoying earth as some exotic vacation destination -- I think their interest in Earth would be largely to extract resources.

Oooooh.... what resources?!?
*leans in*

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Or they use earth as the battle ground for their temporal war because they don't want to mess up their own planet and timeline. It's like an elaborate game of chess, but alien style, and a far more advanced form of war than we have dared imagine. :huh:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or they use earth as the battle ground for their temporal war because they don't want to mess up their own planet and timeline. It's like an elaborate game of chess, but alien style, and a far more advanced form of war than we have dared imagine. :huh:

The Earth as an intergalactic gladiator hub sounds like the greatest timeline.

Oooooh.... what resources?!?
*leans in*

Hydrogen, various fossil fuels, different elements possibly not found on their planets of origin -- Erf stuff, I suppose.