• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NEW POLICE MISCONDUCT THREAD

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
A Teen Was Having Car Trouble. A Sheriff’s Deputy Shot and Killed Him.

Lonoke County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Michael Davis stopped 17-year-old Hunter Brittain near Cabot, Arkansas, at about 3 a.m. last Wednesday, and it’s still unclear why. Hunter had been having trouble with his truck when Davis pulled in behind him outside of a local auto repair shop and flashed his emergency lights, according to the account of a 16-year-old riding with Hunter at the time. When Hunter went to put the antifreeze behind his back tire so his vehicle wouldn’t roll into the officer’s, Davis allegedly fired at him.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Woman, 19, Who Stomped On 'Back The Blue' Sign Faces Hate Crime Charge In Utah : NPR

Lauren Gibson, 19, is accused of stomping on a "Back the Blue" sign while "smirking in an intimidating manner" at a Garfield County sheriff's deputy. The deputy had pulled over a group of vehicles for speeding, the sheriff's department says.

"The officer wrote in court documents the incident should be treated as a hate crime because it was an 'attempt to intimidate law enforcement,' " as member station KUER reports.

lol fragile white cop brain.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

weird, I was just coming here after reading the same story.

My thought -- how is "stomping on a sign and smirking" intimidating to the level of a hate crime to a target who is armed, has military experience, and can basically charge people with crimes? We all know who holds the power in that scenario. Hate crimes are basically to protect minorities who don't hold the power in situations where they are at risk of victimization/abuse.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The NYT has a piece out today about police shooting and killing people in rural America. Of course these shootings are rarely to never reported on. I refuse to link that paywalled crap but the article below is excellent and I really urge people to read and follow The Marshall Project. There is no comprehensive database on police shootings and that is by design.

'Shooting First And Asking Questions Later' – 89.3 WFPL News Louisville

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

A former Georgia prosecutor was indicted Thursday on misconduct charges alleging she used her position to shield the men who chased and killed Ahmaud Arbery from being charged with crimes immediately after the shootings.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Former Orlando police Officer Jonathan Mills is being charged with sexual battery by a law enforcement officer after prosecutors say he assaulted a man while looking for drugs during a 2014 traffic stop.
Mills, a former “officer of the year” with the Orlando Police Department, was fired in February after being denied an extension on his unpaid leave of absence. He has been accused of racial bias and was repeatedly disciplined for misconduct during his roughly nine years on the force.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh....

Guarantee there are more.
Hey, they yelled at me when I got too close to an archway when I was there in 2019. Don't say that aren't useful and provide a very important service.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

According to multiple law enforcement sources, three Sharon Hill police officers opened fire on a vehicle outside the Academy Park High School football stadium.

The officers mistakenly thought they were being fired upon from the vehicle and discharged their weapon more than a dozen times. No weapon was found after a search of the vehicle and its occupants. Shockingly, no one was hit in the car. Sources say it appears the initial shots were actually fired roughly a block away.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
695F4A1D-AE5E-481C-B40B-48C0A8F9074E.jpeg