• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help from the mods

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello mods,

I apologize for posting this here, but apparently I don't have access to the tech support forum so I felt like this would be the least offensive place to put this.

I just started visiting the site again after a hiatus. Saw you guys changed the forums. I actually really like the changes

HOWEVER

I made the apparent mistake of changing my email address, since the one I had before wasn't an email I really use anymore. Apparently after I did that, it asked me to verified my email and since this I've apparently lost a whole deal of permissions I used to have. I have not received this confirmation email, and I've asked it to resend it to me numerous times and I'm still not getting it. I even tried changing it to
another email address and I'm still not getting it.

I'm guessing that the email confirmation is tied to what sort of permissions my account is granted because I've lost access and privileges that I've had for years

For example:

1) Forums that were once there are gone now
2) I can't add anyone to my ignore list OR send anyone private messages
3) I can only add posts on very specific forums, such as this one.

I've submitted two trouble tickets via the Contact Us at the bottom of page and have yet to hear any sort of response. As such, I feel like I'm stuck and don't know what to do.

Any help or communication would be appreciated. My email is in my profile so you can email me separate (since I evidently don't have the ability to respond to PMs through the forums). I apologize for having to clutter up this particular subforum with a post like this but I don't know what else to do.

Coriolis

Between the Shadows
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello mods,

I apologize for posting this here, but apparently I don't have access to the tech support forum so I felt like this would be the least offensive place to put this.

I just started visiting the site again after a hiatus. Saw you guys changed the forums. I actually really like the changes

HOWEVER

I made the apparent mistake of changing my email address, since the one I had before wasn't an email I really use anymore. Apparently after I did that, it asked me to verified my email and since this I've apparently lost a whole deal of permissions I used to have. I have not received this confirmation email, and I've asked it to resend it to me numerous times and I'm still not getting it. I even tried changing it to
another email address and I'm still not getting it.

I'm guessing that the email confirmation is tied to what sort of permissions my account is granted because I've lost access and privileges that I've had for years

For example:

1) Forums that were once there are gone now
2) I can't add anyone to my ignore list OR send anyone private messages
3) I can only add posts on very specific forums, such as this one.

I've submitted two trouble tickets via the Contact Us at the bottom of page and have yet to hear any sort of response. As such, I feel like I'm stuck and don't know what to do.

Any help or communication would be appreciated. My email is in my profile so you can email me separate (since I evidently don't have the ability to respond to PMs through the forums). I apologize for having to clutter up this particular subforum with a post like this but I don't know what else to do.
No problem. I'm sorry you ran into trouble upon your return. We reset your account status. You should now have access to the same things as before. There have been some changes with the forum upgrade. Reps, for instance, seem to be a work in progress, and PMs will look different. Let us know if there is still trouble. If you can access the private feedback subforum, I will move this thread there and you can use it to report any other issues. There is also a general feedback thread about the forum upgrade, if you see anything that may be affecting others too. Welcome back!

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello,

Everything seems OK again. Thank you very much! You can move this to the Private Feedback section :)