• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Temperaments and Spiritual Disciplines

Vernon

MBTI Type
INFP
I am interested in hearing of the spiritual disciplines/spiritual practices that have been found most helpful based upon your MBTI temperament, i.e. SF, SJ, NF, and NT.

I am familiar with the Roman Catholic terminolgy and spiritual practices, i.e., Franciscan, Ignatian, Augustinian, and Thomistic.

Do any of you use a mantra in your spiritual practice and what is your temperament? What type of mantra do you use?

If you find the labyrinth especially helpful, what is your temperament?

Thank you!

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an SP temperament and I have no connection to spirituality/don't use mantras.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am SP as well, I do not use mantras. I do however, consider a lot of spiritual practices.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm an INFJ. I used to use a mantra.

I am very spiritual. I talk to spirits and have mystical experiences and got diagnosed schizophrenic as a result.

I used to be Christian but ultimately saw through it.

If I was born an ISFJ I would be Christian and bank on the tradition of the Catholic church.

ygolo

My termites win
I've been typed as every temperament, and have had every letter in the dichotomies (though extrovert was the rarest). I also believe that personality isn't permanent, but rather the adoption of strategies that build on themselves over time.

Spiritually, right now I am drawn to stoicism. Buddhism still draws me in, and is very similar to the philosophy of the religion that I grew up in.

I do believe that you program your subconscious through the words and actions you repeat. Right now, I am choosing very carefully what I want to make into my mantra in that sense. But I have yet to formulate it. I am fairly certain it'll involve feeling grateful and content for what I have including especially my opportunities to learn.