• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Matrix 4

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've always kind of liked the Architect as a character and considered him weirdly relatable.

The analyst, on the other hand, I think is a smug sadistic piece of shit. I felt really bad for the Architect when the Analyst revealed that he deleted him. The Architect was never intentionally cruel, he just did what he felt was necessary for his kind to survive. The Analyst seemed to enjoy seeing people suffer.

Skimt

• Getting Neo and Trinity back together, and showing that they made two parts of a larger whole [The One] was exactly what I wanted from the movie.
  • The meta fluff was more immersion breaking than a FU to Warner Brothers. Clips from Matrix 1-3 shouldn't have been used, and the forth wall shouldn't have been breached.
  • All the characters from Matrix 1-3 shouldn't have been forcefully incorporated.
  • Everyone in the whole world shouldn't have been involved in saving Trinity. It took away from my emotional investment in their plan to save her.
  • The main protagonist should've been Trinity. It would've made more sense that Neo struggled more mentally. Letting her save Neo for once would've been cathartic. Trinity is a beloved female hero, not a toxic feminist megaphone, so it would've worked.
  • The Analyst was portrayed well and fit with the story, but were made too human. The friendly machines were made too human too. It ruined the world building.
  • My favorite moment in the movie was not an action sequence, but Neo and Trinity simply having a conversation in the café. It should've been longer, or happened several more times.