• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Magic, Do What You Will! AMA Thread For Fun And Frivolity

awbro

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The title of this thread partly comes from a 1980s cult film, The Last Unicorn. If you've never seen it, which I doubt many of you have, it's about a sparkly unicorn that is turned to human to defeat her worst enemy. During a particularly emotional scene in the movie, the wizard traveling with her in her merry band of misfits screeches "Magic, do as you will!" to protect her from The Red Bull, seemingly accidentally turning her human in the process through his lack of skill at that point.

In the case of my thread, I'm hoping that whatever insights can be derived about me will come to light through a bit of both the use of deft crafting and natural flow. I got the idea for this thread from a couple others currently in circulation throughout TypoC. So, thanks to them.

You can type me in any system here, or just have a conversation with me. I don't talk with many people outside a small social circle, and I'm eager to see how other people live and carry out their lives. Maybe you're curious about me, too? Or maybe not. I am, after all, just another Internet rando and not a very funny one at that.

Let's start off with some things I've read about myself on this forum that I've found of note. They didn't make me angry, merely made me think.

• I've been called a "fortune teller" of typing, and not in the good sense, or so I interpret it. I'm the kind you find at a kids' birthday party. I don't claim to be good at typing; I simply have my views on the subject and I try to be objective, but whatever the secret is to typology that runs wild out in the streets still is something I'm not yet privy to. I have my methods, though, and I admit that I should probably change them if I want to provide a quality service.
  • I seem to other members to be simultaneously the thinkiest thinker and the feeliest feeler. Should I take this as a compliment? :blush: I can go from super intellectual logical breakdown to emotional appeal in a snap of a finger. Or so it would seem. I think nobody's paying attention to me (to see what truly makes me tick), and that's fine :newwink: lmao
    To have such a wide variance in type is that sort of indication to me, but then again most people don't pay attention to most others, unless those others have material wealth or popularity or some other sort of highly valued "thing" possessable by, to a degree, a section of a populace. And I'm fine with that. The quieter, the better in a lot of cases ;)
I reiterate that anything you ask me here doesn't have to be related to typing, it can just be fun. But hopefully it will be a fun question for you to ask, as well, without straying into breaking the forum rules.

Good luck if you choose to participate, and know I'm just sitting here goin', "Hmm, I wonder what fun everyone can have." Because that's what this is all designed for. So go forth and be magical! :unicorn:

awbro

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know I'm not that popular of a member, but it'd still be cool to do this.

I promise I won't bite.

Saturnal Snowqueen

MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1) Who were you in high school?

2) Have you ever written a Kpop fanfic?

3) You don't consider yourself a popular member. Do you ever wish you were?

4) What's a quality about that you think people would be surprised you possess?(could be an interest of yours, or a personality trait)

5) Which piece of fiction describes your life the best?

awbro

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1) Who were you in high school?
I was the quiet one with a weird friend group. I don't even know if we were so much classically weird as loud often. We started out as anime nerds, most of us, and then moved in our separate directions to become pharmacists, business leaders, entertainment gurus, and history buffs.
2) Have you ever written a Kpop fanfic?
Yes, several. But a lot of them I've turned into actual fiction. One k-pop fanfic I can't turn into real fiction combines an existing bird hybrid series with the group of choice; that'd be plagiarism.
3) You don't consider yourself a popular member. Do you ever wish you were?
Nah. Relative obscurity suits me fine, but I do wish I had people to talk to on occasion. Sometimes I wish what I write was popular, not necessarily me. And I do mean to emphasize it's not the popularity that appeals, but the amount of interaction. I like talking to people and feel like I'm contributing.
4) What's a quality about that you think people would be surprised you possess? (could be an interest of yours, or a personality trait)
A decent degree of self-awareness. For the most part, I know I'm acting needy, or annoying, or could be perceived as such. I don't allow myself to do things without vetting my actions thoroughly and can act in the moment pretty well, which even for a supposed ISFJ, is pretty difficult since the dom Si can put them in their head a lot. I'm always thinking and analyzing and planning... but I don't often follow through on my plans. Imagine if I did.
5) Which piece of fiction describes your life the best?
Any piece of fiction? Like even a movie?
Hmm, I'd say The Breakfast Club. It reminds me of high school when my friends and I were just a gaggle of misfits trying to make it in the world, and more deeply the themes therein of acceptance for people not in the norm and the bildungsroman aspects. I'm not incredibly attached to those people now, but I long for little bits of happiness where I can get it, and I was sure happy then.

awbro

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Open to more questions! They can be anything you wish. I will do my best to answer. Of course, if you're bored of me, I know why you haven't asked yet :cheese:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you think the purpose of life is?

awbro

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Who are you a dupe of?
I'm a dupe of myself.
What do you think the purpose of life is?
The purpose of life is one defined by ourselves, for now. In the grand scheme of things we don't know where we factor, so we have to control for that other variable of the unknowable. But not knowing is not bad.

Saturnal Snowqueen

MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1) What's your favorite fruit flavor?
2) What country has the coolest currency?
3) Are there any languages you'd like to bring back from extinction?
4) Do you care for poetry?

awbro

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1) What's your favorite fruit flavor?
2) What country has the coolest currency?
3) Are there any languages you'd like to bring back from extinction?
4) Do you care for poetry?
1. I love all types of fruit flavors, and different combinations, too. Even though I'm sometimes hesitant to try them, I do enjoy exotic fruits as well. But if I had to pick, say... three that I like, I'd choose watermelon, lime, and raspberry. So many choices!
2. I'm not well-versed in the currencies of different countries, although I do know a little about those of the countries whose languages I've attempted to learn. If it was based purely off my love of the region, I'd say the Nordic countries have pretty cool currencies. They're all pretty similar, from what I know. But those who know better can obviously correct me. Hmm, I need to do more digging...
3. Any of the extinct Native North American languages (with all due respect paid to the tribes), or maybe Old English. There are so many to choose from :)
4. Yes, I like poetry - but maybe in small doses. I write poetry when the mood strikes me, though I think I write prose better. I couldn't tell you who my favorite poet is, but I enjoy analyzing literature as a whole and poetry is fertile ground for deep thought in that regard.

Thank you for the questions!