• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's talk the dislike of religion and spirituality.

Mole

Permabanned
Half of the USA seems to think intuitively, and half counter intuitively.

The intuitive half are semi literate, they have learnt to read and write in primary and secondary school, but have not read the great works of literature and science. They have learnt their mother tongue naturally and intuitively at home, but have failed to learn to think counter intuitively in University. So they intuitively trust the authority of their religion, as well as the authority of political confidence men.

If faith is, "The sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions", then confidence is the business equivalent of faith, and confidence men are the equivalent of priests, pastors, mullahs, rabbis, and gurus.

The USA is under estimated because we fail to recognise the USA has the ability to reinvent itself. What they will invent this time, we don't know. But we stand by as loyal allies.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
1w9
1. When you say you dislike religion or spirituality, do you dislike them all or do you dislike a few?
-All that make assumption of existence of supernatural.

2. Is your dislike correlated to experiences? You are allowed to share if you so are willing.
-I think my final realisation on on nature of religion was following the case of Weis Supermarket shooter - Andrew Blaze - a transwoman that thought she's a female ghost from afterlife because of psychosis. It has shown me the process of forming of a religion/belief in supernatural and also seeing parallels between her and for example Russel Brand. The same type of mental illness. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

3. Do you dislike true belief or do you merely dislike organized religion?
-Both.

4. Do you distinguish religion and spirituality as two different things? i.e. can someone be religious but not very spiritual or spiritual but not very religious?
-I distinguish between spirituality and belief in supernatural. Spirits can be entities existing in human brain.

5. If you could ban religious belief, would you? Why or why not?
-Sounds impractical.

6. Do you think a belief in a higher power is damaging? Why or why not?
-Yes it's psychotic.

8. Do you think people can rationally discuss theological matters?
-I think it's possible to rationally discuss psychotic delusions.

9. Do you believe that another person's religiousness impacts their of quality of character?
-It mainly makes my skin crawl. Spiritual experiences may lead to some character improvement for example being less attacked to material possessions and being more altruistic even if they are accompanied by delusions.

10. Are you yourself religious/spiritual/non-religious/etc? (you're welcome to be as specific as you'd like.)
-I'm spiritual but I don't believe in supernatural.

Mole

Permabanned
Only secular democratic States guarantee freedom of religions. States based on a particular religion do not guarantee freedom of religion or freedom from religion.

And it is important to assert freedom from religion means nothing unless we are free to offend the sensibilities of the faithful.

Alice Unchained

1. When you say you dislike religion or spirituality, do you dislike them all or do you dislike a few?
It's cheating one way or the other. Religion is the same as spirituality from my angle.

2. Is your dislike correlated to experiences? You are allowed to share if you so are willing.
No, it is inbuilt. I've never felt as if anyone can absolve me from the consequences of my mistakes, guide me, punish me better than myself. I am the god when it comes to these matters.

3. Do you dislike true belief or do you merely dislike organized religion?
"True belief" is most likely stemming from a mental issue. It is quite usual, but a mental disalignment nonetheless.

4. Do you distinguish religion and spirituality as two different things? i.e. can someone be religious but not very spiritual or spiritual but not very religious?
Not at all.

5. If you could ban religious belief, would you? Why or why not?
No, because obviously people need it to get by. I think this part is the only true thing about spirituality.

6. Do you think a belief in a higher power is damaging? Why or why not?
It's cheating but obviously it is important to survival on some level; has both a damaging and a healing side.

8. Do you think people can rationally discuss theological matters?
Only from the perspective of psychology or history.

9. Do you believe that another person's religiousness impacts their of quality of character?
It goes both ways.

10. Are you yourself religious/spiritual/non-religious/etc? (you're welcome to be as specific as you'd like.)
I am not related to religion in any shape or size. Don't worry, I "cheat" in other ways. Not better than you, only trying to be so.