• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP says I'm not INTP, but an INTJ? Please Help.

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I was questioning the knowledge I have on the cognitive functions and going over some things, and whilst doing so, I felt like going around looking at some INTPs with blogs on tumblr and basically see how legit or even relatable they are. Eventually I started questioning my type and started asking myself whether I really ever had a Fe grip, and why or how I've never been in a Ti-Si loop as an 'INTP' in her 20''s. The tertiary function develops in the 20's too, and I was thinking mine was weak despite keys2cog kept on giving me pretty average Si. I felt like I was missing something, eventually I messaged an INTP to see what I could learn from him and whether he'd say that there was something wrong with my Si or Fe and I had a feeling he would.
This INTP read a lot of books, has been in the mbti community for 3 years and is confirmed INTP by other people who're also very well versed with the cognitive functions. He basically told me he sees no Fe in me or Ti. At first he said I was INFP and not INTP, then he picked INFJ and finally INTJ when he noticed I was talking to him like all the Te people (Te doms and aux) in his family? He started pointing out Ni>Te stuff, said I communicate and joke around with Te and thinks I'm in a Ni-Fi loop is why the ENTJs I know don't see my Te. The community he hangs around with is mostly filled with strong Ne-users, so that's what got me a little more uneasy about him saying I am not an xNTP or even a good Se user. He said he's 100% convinced I'm an INTJ at that point and that I talk and express myself like every INTJ he has known.

Also messaged an ISTJ and asked her for her opinion, since she knows a good bit about MBTI and happens to be a Te aux user too. She said and I quote, "You certainly write like someone with Te. I don't know how to describe it, but..direct, with evidences using common sense for arguments instead of intricate logic that only builds on itself."

INTJs are so rare and frequently mistyped online? I'm really lost here, cause I know that most self-typed INTJs that I've seen are not really relateable. Really stuck in a rut here and I don't want to type myself as an INTJ and then later end up being wrong, cause overconfident faux INTJs really annoy me personally.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I had a very rough childhood, grew up in a third world country with a very emotionally and mentally abusive family. I've been told that I'm doing things to hurt myself, that the type of knowledge I have isn't substantial stuff for 'the real world' and that if I don't completely change, I'll end up being unsuccessful. Hence why I very much so want success and major achievement in life.

I want to be able to prove the toxic people in my life wrong, be proud, be complacent, responsible earn a lot by working in the genetic engineering field and living my life abroad, be able to use my money wisely, fund researches and projects according to my taste, volunteer, donate and open up libraries in my home town cause there barely are any and none of them are open more than 6-7 hours.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I was able to read people, and be correct. Also when people were applauding me for my intelligence when I hadn't even invested myself into something too deeply.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people are more often correct compared to me, more accomplished and get things done when they say they haven't really invested much time in prepping for getting the thing done.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Well, facts and evidence? Repeated patterns? People who've researched something or been involved with something for a while and are very familiar with the subject tend to have a good bit of influence in my decision making abilities.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
If I agree with the outcome then I wouldn't mind not being in charge. However if this outcome affects me in a serious way and I don't agree with it i'd much rather be in charge.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
It's not exactly hard for me to have fun. Fun memories and lots of laughter is like an addiction to me, mostly because I grew up with an abusive family. Lots of fun activities are like medication to me really. One of my recent fun memory would be laughing my ass off with a friend for tricking a pseudo intellectual, goofing off and being absolutely ridiculous with my best friend.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I can just learn easier when everything is in front of me. I'm a visual and auditory learner. When I'm learning things, I tend to surround or immerse myself into the material that I'm learning. I look crazy to my ESFJ mother and she gets really bothered by the fact that I don't learn things by the traditional reading+writing.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I have my own system really. If I'm left alone and no ones pushing me to do things their way or a way I don't agree with, I'll end up being organized and satisfied.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both? I look for information or facts that support the new idea and that's how I understand the principles behind it and see whether it makes sense or not? IT won't make sense to me if there's no evidence at all that'll support the new idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Ehh, tough one? I long to belong to a given group, but I understand that it can't always be the case and I can't change myself to force myself into belonging to a given group I'll frequently disagree with. So, I end up mostly being open-minded, looking for facts or evidence to help me know what I believe and then I 'be myself'.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speaking near people I am not very close with. But, I feel like with people who're more like family, I end up speaking before thinking. Or with close friends too, I guess.

I prefer one on one communication because it gives me and the person in front of me more opportunities to speak. I have always wanted to engage in group activities and still try to, but I just don't end up doing it and am always doing stuff one-on-one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm jumping now as an adult. I think as a kid, I wasn't like that.
Actions definitely speak much more louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I really don't have that many friends, and I only consider 'close friends' to be true friends. The rest are all acquaintances that I might publicly refer to as 'friends' when they're really not lol. If I can somehow record my favourite show or know that I can watch it easily later, I'll go out with the friends. Hell, might even go out with acquaintances if I think I'm more active on the night and not feeling too lazy to dress up a bit.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Generally distant from most people, want alone time so I can think things through and brainstorm both long-term and short-term solutions so I can stop being stressed. But, if I can't stop interacting with people, I tend to easily sound aggressive, rude or am basically sensitive. I mostly try to distract myself with funny videos or good shows and movies.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who are too ego-istic, judge things easily with very little information, bias, hypocrisy and those who're so cocky, that they can't admit they've messed up something and will still insist on not changing their method when it's failed more than once. Dumb people who can't be objective or logical just bother me a lot? Like, EVEN WITH EVIDENCE THAT'S PRESENT, HOW DO YOU STILL NOT WANT TO CHANGE YOUR OPINION!?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yeah, sure. Depends on mutual interests or things we're both somehow involved in or with. Also depends on what impression the person gives me and what they don't mind talking about. I initially start out being more on the formal side and then slowly start taking things to a more playful level, basically test out the waters. I still don't end up talking to that many people about that much stuff though -le sigh- I guess I'm picky?

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Cultural stuff and traditional things that people want to keep up with too much? Also, I pay very little attention in trying to befriend everyone or even respecting everyone for almost everything.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Ugh, it's so weird. My oldest friend saw me as an extrovert for 5 years straight, and just recently I was whining and asking her what planet she was living in for all those years. Same friend saw me as very crazy, hyper and playful. Her ex who has been friends with me for 2-3 years but knows me more clearer than her thinks I'm calm, hardworking, dependable, responsible and introverted, but still energetic. People much closer think I'm intelligent, brilliant (not my words, I swear), quirky, unique, curious, insightful, warm, objective and innovative.

A lot of people think I'm hardworking but I don't think I've done anything to be proud of yet :/ I don't have any amazing achievement on paper, so yeah that's why I personally don't see myself as hardworking enough. I'm scared to say I'm dependable or reliable because that means people can rely and depend on me, and I think I've been such a mess, that it's not fair to call me something like that yet.

None of friends would call me illogical, easily biased, unintelligent, cold (thought a lot of my exes or new people call me cold lmao), timid, shy, relaxed or social.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Oh damn. I always have something to do and I'm interested in a lot of things. If I have been very anxious recently or too neurotic, I'll try to watch a show or movie to relax. Afterwards, try to get some more personal work done? Look into something that I'm interested in, learn something new, try to refine some foreign language skills, maybe do some dance practice or singing practice or go for a walk or roller-blade? Go outside?

It always depends on my mood and day, but most likely I'll be looking stuff up or get myself involved or be observing some debate or discourse online? I'm honestly never bored, I always have things to do and the day will end just like that.

Last edited:

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would first of all advise that the idea of "confirmed" INTP should be taken a bit with a grain of salt, because it's not that uncommon to see vastly different typings for the same individual even among people who are very knowledgeable on the cognitive functions. Part of the reason for this is lack of precision in defining the nature of their respective understandings of the system (these may be different in subtle ways); many are unaware of just how many disparate interpretations of the original Jungian ideas there are.
A lot of typing disputes actually hit very fundamental issues, like "why should so and so be ascribed to Ti or Te?"

One idea I especially oppose is the idea that Te approaches things with a sort of more "common sense" view. There is a long history behind this issue. C.G. Jung's original portrayals of extraversion and introversion were about the distinction between one's mind and the external world, and the truth is there are many ways to frame a dichotomy between these two. He tended to portray extraverts as concretist, something which we in modern understanding would more likely ascribe to sensation.
I also suspect this is related to how he could mistype himself as a Ti-dom with auxiliary sensation, when he's probably one of the clearest Ns there is in any interpretation I think is somewhat unconfused on this issue.

I tend to believe that TeNi types (LIE in socionics) not infrequently oppose this common sense perspective, and this isn't a matter of factual belief, it's a matter of what I think the definitions even should be. Te is concerned with logical facts -- not sensory facts. This means Te is indeed oriented to measurable output, but LIE (with Si-polr) can be quite out of tune with what our a priori sense of realism (which relates to our sensation function) is about, instead emphasizing a kind of progress as measured by the production of interesting new logical facts.

I find too many portrayals of Te are better at distinguishing STJ from NTP than at Te vs Ti (in other words, compare LIE/ENTJ vs LSI/ISTP).

(As a note, I loosely speak of socionics/MBTI code associations, but they're a priori different systems. I just think their parallels are far more interesting and conceptually illuminating than the differences. When I talk of type, I prefer to keep in mind one overarching set of ideas, even if I can loosely describe how different thinkers would type someone differently based on nitpicking their precise ideas.)

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did initially take him with a grain of salt -- but his explanations about Ti and Fe made a lot of sense to me afterwards. Not to mention the fact that I was going around double-checking everything that he was talking about or even referencing.

Personally I stay far away from mixing MBTI with Socionics, cause at the ends they're still very different. I know a person who switches their MBTI type almost weekly and he keeps on trying to glue socionics and mbti together and has been doing so since the end of 2015 to now. Not to mention, every person I see who attempts something like that seems to end up taking a U-turn and later dismissing socionics or pointing out some inconsistencies. If I've learned anything from that observation, it's that Socionics and MBTI being mixed together only ends up being more confusing. I'd rather understand my MBTI type in depth before I venture out to look more into parallels and the contradictions over there.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FiyaXii said:
Personally I stay far away from mixing MBTI with Socionics, cause at the ends they're still very different

I can probably give you a more giant list of the differences among all the systems than most, so there I agree with you at face value, but where I part ways with some is that it doesn't seem to me that we can just leave them as different.

Yes, I can define Fe = pig, Fi = kangaroo, and now I've created a different system where Fe and Fi no longer mean what they do in MBTI. Similarly, yes socionics presents a theory involving things called Fe and Fi in a way that is very different from what traditional MBTI takes say. However, the fact is they're both heavily motivated by Jungian intuitions, and we can't really treat the fact that they appeal to the terms of Fe, Fi, Te, Ti as a coincidence as I did in a joking way with the kangaroo/pig -- the very idea to square T/F, S/N and so on, and to pair T with i to get Ti and so on is extremely suggestive of similar intuitive foundations.
Hence, these are different ways of formalizing Jung's intuitions into a system.

We now have two options: either these two different formalizations' differences are justified by some clear, definitive purpose separating the aims of the two systems and thus justifying a true separation of the definitions/frameworks, OR, we view them as 2 interpretations of Jung which have advantages and disadvantages, and then we have to take the good from each and discard the bad to create the best interpretation possible.

I mean, to give you a different example, Jung thought that a NiT type would look like NiTi more likely than NiTe. That MBTI says NiTe is the model they adopt isn't because it's a different system so much as a different interpretation of Jung, which Myers thought is better. My point is these different interpretations can't be treated as on standalone islands unless we realistically can say what it is they're accomplishing that's so separate that it warrants putting them on those islands.

Until one goes through this type of exercise, it's very hard to justify why Te should mean a certain thing in the first place. I have a hard time saying "yeah well that's just how the socionists defined it!" Not really, no, they had certain things in mind when they defined it, and we can see what those things are, and see if the definitions are well-motivated and worthy of consideration. This is the track to resolving the differences.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And the reason I mention all this is I think someone can sit confused about type for a very long time and have to appeal to expert opinion and consensus instead of being really confident in the reasons without doing this kind of exercise of justifying why, in particular, the system must be as it is.

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can probably give you a more giant list of the differences among all the systems than most, so there I agree with you at face value, but where I part ways with some is that it doesn't seem to me that we can just leave them as different.

Yes, I can define Fe = pig, Fi = kangaroo, and now I've created a different system where Fe and Fi no longer mean what they do in MBTI. Similarly, yes socionics presents a theory involving things called Fe and Fi in a way that is very different from what traditional MBTI takes say. However, the fact is they're both heavily motivated by Jungian intuitions, and we can't really treat the fact that they appeal to the terms of Fe, Fi, Te, Ti as a coincidence as I did in a joking way with the kangaroo/pig -- the very idea to square T/F, S/N and so on, and to pair T with i to get Ti and so on is extremely suggestive of similar intuitive foundations.
Hence, these are different ways of formalizing Jung's intuitions into a system.

We now have two options: either these two different formalizations' differences are justified by some clear, definitive purpose separating the aims of the two systems and thus justifying a true separation of the definitions/frameworks, OR, we view them as 2 interpretations of Jung which have advantages and disadvantages, and then we have to take the good from each and discard the bad to create the best interpretation possible.

I mean, to give you a different example, Jung thought that a NiT type would look like NiTi more likely than NiTe. That MBTI says NiTe is the model they adopt isn't because it's a different system so much as a different interpretation of Jung, which Myers thought is better. My point is these different interpretations can't be treated as on standalone islands unless we realistically can say what it is they're accomplishing that's so separate that it warrants putting them on those islands.

Until one goes through this type of exercise, it's very hard to justify why Te should mean a certain thing in the first place. I have a hard time saying "yeah well that's just how the socionists defined it!" Not really, no, they had certain things in mind when they defined it, and we can see what those things are, and see if the definitions are well-motivated and worthy of consideration. This is the track to resolving the differences.

Thanks for typing all that and trying to explain your own perspective on MBTI+Socionics, along with how you personally perceive certain functions and all, but yeah my question is still, "Hey, do you think I'm INTP? INTJ, or something else?"

I've got what you've said, but I'd still like to know what people or even you think of my likely type, based off of the answers I've put down in the form. Obviously I won't just take anyone's word for it just like that, but I am looking forward to explanations or reasonings for hunches and basically just to see what people think really. If you think my answers aren't adequate enough (which I totally get), you can ask me any question(s) or even ask me to fill up a specific form.

Also, since you've talked so much about Jung and all, could I ask for sources? I'm still not into Socionics right now, but I'm most definitely interested in reading up on the things you're mentioning or referring to in my spare time.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well here's the thing: I'm pointing to where I think the problem fundamentally is. I think it's perfectly possible that, as many versions of enneagram, MBTI, etc are framed, there IS no good answer, because someone is just an eclectic mix of qualities from all types.
Unless there's a real coherency/good motivation to why you should expect people to fit certain patterns, why even expect it?

That's why I was trying to comment that the problem may be with the very definitions of Te and Ti -- how can we type you until we agree on what the framework is! Or even on the criterion for evaluating the frameworks

If you'd like some input from me on specifics though, I guess my question is more directly, what do YOU think is evidence of Ti and Te in you? Let's start there!

If you just want an answer, my suggestion is to abandon all these systems and just use the Big 5, which has a lot more empirical research behind it and is less contentious space.

Litsnob

You are what you think you are. Other people are not in your head, they don't know how you think or how you perceive things and nobody is an expert on that. If you are wrong it isn't anyone else's business or problem. Take what you can learn from identifying as an INTP and use it. If later, you decided it's true and that you are an INTJ then learn from that. That is the only use this personality stuff can have. Lots of people are high on their type and I agree with you that among the worst are online INTJs. In fact I questioned whether or not I could be one because I am really not an asshole, though sometimes I might like to be. ;-)

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I honestly see more Ni-Te than Ti-Ne. The writing is easily readable (Te), more or less linear enough (Ni), and substantiative (Te), yet the method of substantiation is more generalised and not distinct.(Ni)

Also yeah online INTJs have this My Immortal On Loop vibe to them

INTP is kinda like the non-feely type of result that every starter introvert who even has a bit of imagination is going to get if they're not immediately sorted into INFP for being emo or INTJ for being organised.

...Though, in MBTI circles, I actually do think INTJ is more proliferative than nuclear bombs world wide. I think it's more common than people say it is.

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are what you think you are. Other people are not in your head, they don't know how you think or how you perceive things and nobody is an expert on that. If you are wrong it isn't anyone else's business or problem. Take what you can learn from identifying as an INTP and use it. If later, you decided it's true and that you are an INTJ then learn from that. That is the only use this personality stuff can have. Lots of people are high on their type and I agree with you that among the worst are online INTJs. In fact I questioned whether or not I could be one because I am really not an asshole, though sometimes I might like to be. ;-)
Yeah, I know that, which is why I tried discussing Ti vs Te and explaining to him why I think I use Ti. He ended up saying my reasoning indicated more Ni-Te based on that. I tried communicating and being as clear as I could, and if from that one's saying I'm not Ti-Ne, I think it's natural to be in a very confused state because I did try letting someone in my head by talking about my thought process or how I tend to react to things.
Ehh, I want to be well versed with MBTI and understanding the cognitive functions. Not being sure of my type, or the idea of being inaccurately typed just frustrates me personally, since I want to actually know this stuff very well. With that approach you mentioned, my indecisive nature would probably have me switching far too frequently and I really don't want that. I like knowing what I'm talking about when it comes to a topic I'm interested in and like, if I really am an INTJ in a Ni-Fi loop, I really need to start working on my Te and not waste my time by spending too much time on knowing more about other more complex stuff just yet. Attempting to do all things at once will only delay the process of learning IMO.

Jaguar

This INTP read a lot of books, has been in the mbti community for 3 years and is confirmed INTP by other people who're also very well versed with the cognitive functions. He basically told me he sees no Fe in me or Ti.

I don't give a shit what he sees or what he says. You are the arbiter of your type, no one else.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Help you become an INTP? Wouldn't you rather be an INTJ?

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FiyaXii said:
Not being sure of my type, or the idea of being inaccurately typed just frustrates me personally,

Honestly, the first step to resolving this (in a realistic way) is to acknowledge there just isn't something of a consensus on what exactly the 16 types are; people can't even agree on Jung's type. And he's the one who coined the idea of cognitive functions. I've commonly heard TiNe, NiFe and NiTe as the types for him. Some TiSe candidates too.
The simple fact is one has to get used to there being multiple interpretations of the ideas, and make a concerted effort to select the best interpretation possible based purely on what version is best motivated and argued -- otherwise, IMHO, you are going to get little more than a typing that essentially is validated by expert opinion, not reasoning. At worst you'll learn a whole lot, and at best you'll get a conclusion.

The reason I mention this is I see you using the word "accurate," and I'm not sure that's the word to use. This stuff is not as scientific as the Big 5 and so on (as [MENTION=31909]agentwashington[/MENTION] has said in another thread, that does not imply it's less interesting). Basically, it can be conceptually well-motivated or not -- I'm not sure accurate or not is the best way to think of it, given this stuff is at the speculative stage, not the empirically validated stage.

In any case, I guess I'm missing it, but have you given an account of when you feel you're exemplifying Ti (and when the precise same instances lead someone else to think it's Te)? We need to take apart the reasoning as to why it's being interpreted 2 different ways.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I was questioning the knowledge I have on the cognitive functions and going over some things, and whilst doing so, I felt like going around looking at some INTPs with blogs on tumblr and basically see how legit or even relatable they are. Eventually I started questioning my type and started asking myself whether I really ever had a Fe grip, and why or how I've never been in a Ti-Si loop as an 'INTP' in her 20''s. The tertiary function develops in the 20's too, and I was thinking mine was weak despite keys2cog kept on giving me pretty average Si. I felt like I was missing something, eventually I messaged an INTP to see what I could learn from him and whether he'd say that there was something wrong with my Si or Fe and I had a feeling he would.
This INTP read a lot of books, has been in the mbti community for 3 years and is confirmed INTP by other people who're also very well versed with the cognitive functions. He basically told me he sees no Fe in me or Ti. At first he said I was INFP and not INTP, then he picked INFJ and finally INTJ when he noticed I was talking to him like all the Te people (Te doms and aux) in his family? He started pointing out Ni>Te stuff, said I communicate and joke around with Te and thinks I'm in a Ni-Fi loop is why the ENTJs I know don't see my Te. The community he hangs around with is mostly filled with strong Ne-users, so that's what got me a little more uneasy about him saying I am not an xNTP or even a good Se user. He said he's 100% convinced I'm an INTJ at that point and that I talk and express myself like every INTJ he has known.

Also messaged an ISTJ and asked her for her opinion, since she knows a good bit about MBTI and happens to be a Te aux user too. She said and I quote, "You certainly write like someone with Te. I don't know how to describe it, but..direct, with evidences using common sense for arguments instead of intricate logic that only builds on itself."

INTJs are so rare and frequently mistyped online? I'm really lost here, cause I know that most self-typed INTJs that I've seen are not really relateable. Really stuck in a rut here and I don't want to type myself as an INTJ and then later end up being wrong, cause overconfident faux INTJs really annoy me personally.

I understand your frustrations.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I had a very rough childhood, grew up in a third world country with a very emotionally and mentally abusive family. I've been told that I'm doing things to hurt myself, that the type of knowledge I have isn't substantial stuff for 'the real world' and that if I don't completely change, I'll end up being unsuccessful. Hence why I very much so want success and major achievement in life.

I want to be able to prove the toxic people in my life wrong, be proud, be complacent, responsible earn a lot by working in the genetic engineering field and living my life abroad, be able to use my money wisely, fund researches and projects according to my taste, volunteer, donate and open up libraries in my home town cause there barely are any and none of them are open more than 6-7 hours.

Your abusive family members are wrong, though I understand that when you are young, it's easy to believe the older members of the family unit because there's just no way that the people who are supposed to care about you could ever be wrong in a sense. I'm sorry you had to go through with that. Please realize that none of it is in your doing, and it's their damage that they are responsible for.

You have incredible dreams and I sincerely hope that they come true for you. I have no doubt that you will succeed in life once you set your mind to it.

Now, a question: How do you learn? What methods of learning feels the most natural to you? Do you enjoy discussing ideas with others, or do you prefer to do it on your own accord?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I was able to read people, and be correct. Also when people were applauding me for my intelligence when I hadn't even invested myself into something too deeply.

Reading people = Ni insights
Applauding you for your intelligence and feeling good about it sounds like something every Te user enjoys hearing.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people are more often correct compared to me, more accomplished and get things done when they say they haven't really invested much time in prepping for getting the thing done.

Te can be competitive in this respect. To you, what is success? Is it something more like the idea of success or do you prefer something measurable? (degrees, awards, etc)

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Well, facts and evidence? Repeated patterns? People who've researched something or been involved with something for a while and are very familiar with the subject tend to have a good bit of influence in my decision making abilities.

Te and Ni statements.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
If I agree with the outcome then I wouldn't mind not being in charge. However if this outcome affects me in a serious way and I don't agree with it i'd much rather be in charge.

The wouldn't mind not being in charge strikes me as you being an introvert. Does leadership roles come to you or do you tend to move away of such endeavors?

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
It's not exactly hard for me to have fun. Fun memories and lots of laughter is like an addiction to me, mostly because I grew up with an abusive family. Lots of fun activities are like medication to me really. One of my recent fun memory would be laughing my ass off with a friend for tricking a pseudo intellectual, goofing off and being absolutely ridiculous with my best friend.

"Lots of fun activities are like medication to me really." Care to expand on this some more?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I can just learn easier when everything is in front of me. I'm a visual and auditory learner. When I'm learning things, I tend to surround or immerse myself into the material that I'm learning. I look crazy to my ESFJ mother and she gets really bothered by the fact that I don't learn things by the traditional reading+writing.

:notype: So I'll just skip this for now.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I have my own system really. If I'm left alone and no ones pushing me to do things their way or a way I don't agree with, I'll end up being organized and satisfied.

Te

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both? I look for information or facts that support the new idea and that's how I understand the principles behind it and see whether it makes sense or not? IT won't make sense to me if there's no evidence at all that'll support the new idea.

I'll skip this for now too.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Ehh, tough one? I long to belong to a given group, but I understand that it can't always be the case and I can't change myself to force myself into belonging to a given group I'll frequently disagree with. So, I end up mostly being open-minded, looking for facts or evidence to help me know what I believe and then I 'be myself'.

You sounded Fe at first but then it quickly switches over to Fi when you said that you can't (and probably won't even when forced upon by others) into belonging to a given group that you disagree with. The rest is definitely Fi.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speaking near people I am not very close with. But, I feel like with people who're more like family, I end up speaking before thinking. Or with close friends too, I guess.

Here's another question that's somewhat similar: Do you find yourself thinking about structuring your sentences before you speak, or do you find it helps for you to talk and think at the same time?

I prefer one on one communication because it gives me and the person in front of me more opportunities to speak. I have always wanted to engage in group activities and still try to, but I just don't end up doing it and am always doing stuff one-on-one.

Do you feel more energized the more people there are in the conversation?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm jumping now as an adult. I think as a kid, I wasn't like that.
Actions definitely speak much more louder than words.

Hmmmmmm. There may be a possibility that you could just be a reserved and/or shy ENTJ, but I'll still truck along and see what else is out there.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I really don't have that many friends, and I only consider 'close friends' to be true friends. The rest are all acquaintances that I might publicly refer to as 'friends' when they're really not lol. If I can somehow record my favourite show or know that I can watch it easily later, I'll go out with the friends. Hell, might even go out with acquaintances if I think I'm more active on the night and not feeling too lazy to dress up a bit.

This sounds extroverted.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Generally distant from most people, want alone time so I can think things through and brainstorm both long-term and short-term solutions so I can stop being stressed. But, if I can't stop interacting with people, I tend to easily sound aggressive, rude or am basically sensitive. I mostly try to distract myself with funny videos or good shows and movies.

And then suddenly, this sounds introverted. The sensitive part is interesting. What makes you sensitive? As in, what makes you react, emotionally?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who are too ego-istic, judge things easily with very little information, bias, hypocrisy and those who're so cocky, that they can't admit they've messed up something and will still insist on not changing their method when it's failed more than once. Dumb people who can't be objective or logical just bother me a lot? Like, EVEN WITH EVIDENCE THAT'S PRESENT, HOW DO YOU STILL NOT WANT TO CHANGE YOUR OPINION!?

Amen.

Very strong Thinking statements.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yeah, sure. Depends on mutual interests or things we're both somehow involved in or with. Also depends on what impression the person gives me and what they don't mind talking about. I initially start out being more on the formal side and then slowly start taking things to a more playful level, basically test out the waters. I still don't end up talking to that many people about that much stuff though -le sigh- I guess I'm picky?

I find that INTP people tend to be more playful at first and then go serious. INTJs go serious first and then tend to become playful after enough trust is built upon.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Cultural stuff and traditional things that people want to keep up with too much? Also, I pay very little attention in trying to befriend everyone or even respecting everyone for almost everything.

Anti-Si and Anti-Fe statements. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
I can safely boot INTP out from the list.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Ugh, it's so weird. My oldest friend saw me as an extrovert for 5 years straight, and just recently I was whining and asking her what planet she was living in for all those years. Same friend saw me as very crazy, hyper and playful. Her ex who has been friends with me for 2-3 years but knows me more clearer than her thinks I'm calm, hardworking, dependable, responsible and introverted, but still energetic. People much closer think I'm intelligent, brilliant (not my words, I swear), quirky, unique, curious, insightful, warm, objective and innovative.

Maybe it's your inner ESFP coming out, especially since you're telling us about your abusive past.

A lot of people think I'm hardworking but I don't think I've done anything to be proud of yet :/ I don't have any amazing achievement on paper, so yeah that's why I personally don't see myself as hardworking enough. I'm scared to say I'm dependable or reliable because that means people can rely and depend on me, and I think I've been such a mess, that it's not fair to call me something like that yet.

Te statements.

None of friends would call me illogical, easily biased, unintelligent, cold (thought a lot of my exes or new people call me cold lmao), timid, shy, relaxed or social.

They seem like great friends to have. :heart:

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Oh damn. I always have something to do and I'm interested in a lot of things. If I have been very anxious recently or too neurotic, I'll try to watch a show or movie to relax. Afterwards, try to get some more personal work done? Look into something that I'm interested in, learn something new, try to refine some foreign language skills, maybe do some dance practice or singing practice or go for a walk or roller-blade? Go outside?

Would you say that you enjoy indulging in sensory delights whenever things get too hectic in your life?

It always depends on my mood and day, but most likely I'll be looking stuff up or get myself involved or be observing some debate or discourse online? I'm honestly never bored, I always have things to do and the day will end just like that.

It's always good to feed the mind, yes. But it looks like you enjoy solitary activities, right?

I still need more info, but my final verdict for you is = INTJ. Slight possibility that you may be an ENTJ. Nothing sensor about you at all, and you're way too objective and logical to be a Feeler type. I don't see any inferior Fe. No Ne there either.

peter pettishrooms

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
With how I interpret Te, it does like to make itself known in how you write your responses. A lot of Te-types have a habit of reducing their ideas into a brief summary whereas Ti-types can overcomplicate their explanations and go more into detail. However, I cannot conclude what type(s) you possibly are based off of your writing alone because writing style is also heavily influenced by works you've read and educational background. As for your responses themselves, I can't come up with anything relevant at the moment.

Honestly, it kind of annoys me when others who have no idea what you're like in real life try to dictate to you what type they think you are. If you think INTP is more accurate, then own it.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTJ, though I could possibly see some other Se/Ni, Te/Fi combination.

I would've considered ISTJ, except there's nothing indicative of valued Si.

I think INTJ is the one.

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now, a question: How do you learn? What methods of learning feels the most natural to you? Do you enjoy discussing ideas with others, or do you prefer to do it on your own accord?
I do sometimes try discussing ideas with others, but I get this really odd feeling or this internal voice telling me to move on basically and do things on my own, saying if I do it my way without involving others so soon (it basically tells me to go to others around the end), I'll be covering a lot of stuff on my own, and that way I'd avoid asking stupid or obvious questions to others too early or even ask super complex questions and be doing things in a 'better way'.
By now, the only thing I'm willing to change up is the 'ask others at the very end' part. I'll still do read-throughs, googling and searching on my own, and then with what I have gathered, I'll take the key points and then discuss these things with others. Then I'll go back and do even thorough analyses and absorption. So yeah, mostly do things my own way with a few discussions here and there when I'm really tensed.

To you, what is success? Is it something more like the idea of success or do you prefer something measurable? (degrees, awards, etc)
Success to me is achieving something that will show you that there's been a positive change to something, or that something has gone the way that you've really wanted it to be and a way you've worked or dedicated your energy and time out for so that thing could be the way you preferred.
I both want the idea of success and success that is measurable tbh.

The wouldn't mind not being in charge strikes me as you being an introvert. Does leadership roles come to you or do you tend to move away of such endeavors?
I actually don't mind leadership roles and often feel like some 'leaders' I've had did poorly and I was super critical or skeptical of them. Currently I'm not in any position to be assigned any leadership role through school or work, but I often do get told that I'll make a decent leader. I've come to realize that I'm not always willing to step up for leadership roles, but if I believe that the other choices are poor or that I have to prove something, then I'll most definitely try to achieve such a position.

Here's another question that's somewhat similar: Do you find yourself thinking about structuring your sentences before you speak, or do you find it helps for you to talk and think at the same time?
Oh no, I definitely need to do some thinking and sentence rehearing in my head before I verbalize them. Sometimes I even rehearse them under my breath lol. Even so, I also end up pulling doing the usual ad lib.

Do you feel more energized the more people there are in the conversation?
It depends on the conversation and the object. But, if I had to go by experience, usually it's been the lesser the better, since that's how I personally always handled it the best. Though I don't mind if the number of people conversing expands either.

And then suddenly, this sounds introverted. The sensitive part is interesting. What makes you sensitive? As in, what makes you react, emotionally?
Things that make me emotionally react would be when people try to normalize certain toxic things in the name of tradition and culture or with the excuse that, "X amount of people have grown up being benefited by not having the internet for education and listening to every single thing their parents have dictated. X amount of young adults were physically disciplined and they still respect their parents. Those who can't be like X are flawed and should not be supported in any shape or form." Cases where people victim blame because it's the easier option, those are pretty much stuff that gets me feeling pretty sensitive emotionally, and the fact that culture and tradition can get in the way so often to make things so hard for people.

Some other things that get me so 'sensitive' during those stressful times I was thinking of earlier would be when I'm being accused of something. I often can't control my tone when being accused of something /I/ find outrageous (does not apply if it's by elders who're unrelated to me or people who I work for) and I'm quick to respond or interrupt someone when they're speaking aggressively during an argument. I do this cause I feel like I have a ton of good points that I want to address and every time they touch more points, I get even more stuff to add. Plus sometimes I often fear that I might miss forget addressing a previous argument they had, hence why I come off as 'sensitive' to people.

Would you say that you enjoy indulging in sensory delights whenever things get too hectic in your life?
Definitely? In-fact, that's exactly what I turn to so I can recharge myself and then get back to the right track. Like, if I'm under a lot of pressure or dealing with unreasonable people who I can't reason with currently, I try to isolate myself and indulge myself with sensory delights and then get back to work slowly.

It's always good to feed the mind, yes. But it looks like you enjoy solitary activities, right?
Definitely, because at home I never really get much privacy around my family and when I do, I spend that time indulging in sensory delights or basically engaging in things I've always wanted to get done, like maybe get into a discussion that I've been itching to share my thoughts on, practice my 4th or 5th language skills out-loud or just learn something new that's not directly related to my studies, but can interest me very strongly. Those solitary moments kind of feel like power up moments to me.

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't give a shit what he sees or what he says. You are the arbiter of your type, no one else.

Thank you. Yeah, I know, but to be fair, I was the one who was asking for an opinion from him after all. Something felt off to me, that either I was missing something or he wasn't acknowledging something lol.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=27266]FiyaXiii[/MENTION], thank you so much for your patience and answering my questions.
Final verdict: INTJ. I strongly agree with this typing for you.

Edit: I must also add that in the end, only you can decide your type ultimately. I can only provide you the answer based on the information that I am seeing with my own eyes and that's it. Only you know best, better than me most definitely!

FiyaXiii

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
With how I interpret Te, it does like to make itself known in how you write your responses. A lot of Te-types have a habit of reducing their ideas into a brief summary whereas Ti-types can overcomplicate their explanations and go more into detail. However, I cannot conclude what type(s) you possibly are based off of your writing alone because writing style is also heavily influenced by works you've read and educational background. As for your responses themselves, I can't come up with anything relevant at the moment.

Honestly, it kind of annoys me when others who have no idea what you're like in real life try to dictate to you what type they think you are. If you think INTP is more accurate, then own it.

Hm, do you have any particular set of questions or a form you can think of pointing me towards that'll let you come to a conclusion then?

That annoys me too, but in my case here, I was the one who was explaining to the person how I react and interpret certain things and why I thought I had Ti and Ne, and he was basically the one who was answering those statements saying how those were not Ti or Ne, and how often Ni and Ti is confused and all.

At this point, I don't think INTP is more accurate. I'm just pretty confused and trying to connect the dots. Earlier I figured INTP was accurate cause the description seemed to be a good enough fit and cause most quizzes online game me INTP (including the function quizzes).However, I always wondered about how all the functions were a little weird on me or how I've never had a Ti-Si loop but somehow at 18 'felt like' I had good Fe which made me be less socially awkward that most INTPs with underdeveloped Fe.