• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Image analysis

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In this thread we can examine how to analyze digital photos for alterations. What tools are available? What do the experts look for in an image?

I am looking for someone with expertise in Photoshop and/or an app that can analyze a digital image for alterations. There may be a way to scan an image to see if it has been edited. I have moderate photoshop skills and suspect a particular image, but would like input from someone with expertise and no bias. If there is a technical, non-human way to accomplish this then that would also be helpful. I won't be posting this particular image, but can communicate via messaging. The thread can be educational on how to analyze digital images in general. I know one looks at outlines and shading, consistency in lighting, etc.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I have seen people on the internet do, is view the properties of the image and EXIFdata (as they generally have things like location, time, what it was taken on, etc) I have seen them use hue change/dump bucket on paint to reveal any obvious brush strokes in Photoshop too.