• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I'm convinced that becoming an Fi dom is the result of stunned mental growth

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Empathetic, dynamic, passionate, intuitive, sweet, intelligent, funny etc - all words I’d use to describe Fi doms I know.

Shared values are one of the foundations of my marriage. Of most lasting relationships tbh.

You post this type of stuff on perc at least once a month. It’s becoming a determent to you.

You need to step away from the four letters and find what you like about yourself.
I wish we could give awards on this site cuz Id give you one for this great response

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Shut up man, Fi is a useless function, period, any Fi dom who thinks they have strength is coping hard for being an Fi dom.
How are you defining Fi? What is it that you see as useless? Describe it rather than summarizing it as "Fi." People all have different definitions of what functions are. Most of the time when people talk about functions together they're talking about entirely different things (one has one definition, another has another, etc). The worst part is...none of the definitions can be discredited or deemed inherently "incorrect." Such is the nature of purely theoretical / not concrete.

Everyone here is arguing in defense of their own definitions of "Fi," not yours; that or attacking the way you're actually defining Fi, not your definition itself (and how it applies to reality). No one's bothering to actually hear what you're trying to explain. Most don't care to bother though, either.

Last edited:

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
i suppose if you lose your integrity, literally all things are possible.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
spinal-tap-are-you-kidding-me.gif

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Tbh, shutting down what someone says without even understanding what they're saying (clarifying misunderstandings) is just as stupid as the title.

Hypatia

Right...sure, ExTJ = "Inferior Integrity"

Lmao...ugh god, seriously, the world wasn't ready for typology.
Not sure whenever I ever brought "ExTJs" into it, but thanks at this poorly disguised attempt to bait me into another hopelessly long drawn out exchange. I'm seriously over it. Please go find someone who seems more invested in grooming you in more ways than one.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Not sure whenever I ever brought "ExTJs" into it, but thanks at this poorly disguised attempt to bait me into another hopelessly long drawn out exchange. I'm seriously over it. Please go find someone who seems more invested in grooming you in more ways than one.
Yeah, I'm the one baiting you...haha, gaslighting failed. I'd say nice try, but you're obvious and you suck at it.

Also - as if you weren't implying that Fi = integrity, lol.

Hypatia

Yeah, I'm the one baiting you...haha, gaslighting failed. I'd say nice try, but you're obvious and you suck at it.

Also - as if you weren't implying that Fi = integrity, lol.
No I wasn't. This further confirms you don't understand me at all, and I don't feel like unpacking myself for you anymore. You said in another one of your dupes you didn't want to have any "exchanges" with me anymore, so please: the stage is all yours.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
No I wasn't. This further confirms you don't understand me at all, and I don't feel like unpacking myself for you anymore. You said in another one of your dupes you didn't want to have any "exchanges" with me anymore, so please: the stage is all yours.
Nope, in general I don't understand 'you' and I really don't care to. As for understanding what you're saying--not my problem if you fail to communicate clearly and concisely. You never 'unpacked' yourself, either...lmao, you're delusional. You're also paranoid, apparently...I have no dupes. Or perhaps what you really mean is...while I was talking to one of your dupes. :sneaky:

So if you weren't saying that, what were you saying? To me it looks like you're just backing out of it now.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I cannot possible see Fi doms as anything other than being completely inferior to any other non-Fi dom type out there.

What you could possibliy do with Fi? Lamenthing over your "Values"? Wow, so cool, I couldn't possibly want to jump off a bridge because of how boring and useless this trait is. I'm convinced that being an Fi dom is the product of your suffering during your youth (being bullied, abused, growing in unhealthy conditions), which did not give you enough room for healthy mental growth to grow into actual good types, such as INTJ, ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP, etc... Types that actualy have traits which are good for day to day life in the modern world.

"But charus, Fi has perks, they changed the world and society as we-" Shut up!

The world does not revolve around the Fi's values, thats a fact. Tell me, who will give a shit about your values when you are at a job interviev? "Oh I value X and Y" Who gives a shit? You are marrying a woman, the woman wont give a shit about your "Values", since releationships are all about compromising your values, the sole purpose a woman wants to marry you was to build a family, y'know? Again, Fi is useless, I cannot see any perks with this stupid function other than "Haha, look, I am so special and unique and standoff'ish and I'm gonna be annoying about it".

I'm desparatedly hoping that me being typed ISFP 4w3 was a huge mistake, there is no way I would share the same type with that highschool Emo goth "Misunderstood" girl or those Tumblr Scene phase clowns who follows that Special snowflake mentality, fucking ugh, disgusting and repulsive.
Well, I was gonna INFJ are cool, but huh they don't have Fi at the top of their stack. Yeah.

Lazinc

MBTI Type
😎
You are marrying a woman, the woman wont give a shit about your "Values", since releationships are all about compromising your values
Believing that marriage is something sacred and being against adultery is in itself a Feeling-value.
Marriage is a relationship, it is something of an emotional nature. Women get married because they have fallen in love and want to have a family, and they feel that they will only be complete with that. There is no impersonal reason.
And there's nothing wrong with that.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Let's take names and make a betting pool for which forumer is first to come whining after a messy and 'unexpected' divorce after being told he's incapable of managing his feelings or opening up. Anyone want in?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I cannot possible see Fi doms as anything other than being completely inferior to any other non-Fi dom type out there.

What you could possibliy do with Fi? Lamenthing over your "Values"? Wow, so cool, I couldn't possibly want to jump off a bridge because of how boring and useless this trait is. I'm convinced that being an Fi dom is the product of your suffering during your youth (being bullied, abused, growing in unhealthy conditions), which did not give you enough room for healthy mental growth to grow into actual good types, such as INTJ, ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP, etc... Types that actualy have traits which are good for day to day life in the modern world.

"But charus, Fi has perks, they changed the world and society as we-" Shut up!

The world does not revolve around the Fi's values, thats a fact. Tell me, who will give a shit about your values when you are at a job interviev? "Oh I value X and Y" Who gives a shit? You are marrying a woman, the woman wont give a shit about your "Values", since releationships are all about compromising your values, the sole purpose a woman wants to marry you was to build a family, y'know? Again, Fi is useless, I cannot see any perks with this stupid function other than "Haha, look, I am so special and unique and standoff'ish and I'm gonna be annoying about it".

I'm desparatedly hoping that me being typed ISFP 4w3 was a huge mistake, there is no way I would share the same type with that highschool Emo goth "Misunderstood" girl or those Tumblr Scene phase clowns who follows that Special snowflake mentality, fucking ugh, disgusting and repulsive.
Thing is that Values are just a part of Fi.

Dario Nardi describes it as:
Fi:
It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

Note that it's a function for judging people and situations. Which is useful since society is composed of people.
Fi-doms are great at active listening and processing what people say.

And Fi doms:

INFP:
Going with the flow. Knowing what is behind what is said. Uncovering mysteries. Exploring moral questions. Talent for facilitative listening. Relate through stories and metaphors. Balancing opposites. Getting reacquainted with themselves. Have a way of knowing what is believable. Struggling with structure and getting their lives in order.

ISFP
Taking advantage of opportunities. Stick with what’s important. Talent for pulling together what is just right. Creative problem solving. Building relationships. Attracting the loyalties of others. Being their own true self. Have their own personal style. Play against expectations. Struggle with nurturing their own self esteem.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm still unsure as to whether this is just a masterful tongue in cheek post and the work of a true comedic genius of our age. This is how I choose to view this whole thread, and I am all the happier for it.

If that isn't the case : I think we've got to respect that OP's Fi values are that he hates Fi. Points for originality.