• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I'm a Fi dom

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think both Ti and Fi doms share a sense of autonomy in the world. There is some 'to each their own' mentality. It is more the external judging functions that seek to create structure in the external world, which is some cases can mean influencing and moderating behaviors. While I tend towards the autonomous way of being, I do want to emphasize the important contribution that can be made by 'bossy' people. Teachers of large groups of unruly students can only be successful if they can impose order on them. This requires personality traits more closely connected with 'bossiness'. Sometimes people do need to be bossed, but isn't that generally an extroverted judging kind of thing? I don't want to sound like I'm putting a negative quality onto it which is why I tried to clarify the importance of affecting external order and change.

I would think the bigger problem for Ti or Fi doms is lack of communication. I think those functions tend to fail when people form internal negative judgement and fail to communicate it, so that they end up lost in their little world and don't actually solve the communication problems. At least the bossy people put it all out on the table and everyone knows what everyone thinks.

I could be wrong about it, but that's my impression. There has been some distortions to both Fi-doms and INFJs in the MBTI literature over the past several year, once again, in my impression of it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you make judgements on belief systems and whether a piece of one or not fits in to your world view? Are you able to tie your answer to this question to a specific reason or moment from past personal experience that has led you to making that decision today or future decisions?

I suppose logic and fairness play a role. Logic, in that something needs to make logical sense to me (not necessarily making logical sense to others though). Fairness, in that I try to approach every situation and person with a fair mind, so my ethics will somewhat reflect that.

I would say another component (or non-component) to how I make judgments is that I'm very agnostic, almost as a default mode. I don't mean just in the religious sense, but in the greater scheme of things--that I won't accept something as a given or hard truth without a lot of scrutiny and consideration, even it if it seems to come from an "official' or respected authority or source. But just because I don't immediately accept something doesn't mean I am permanently closing myself off from accepting it at a later point in time. It just means I might not be certain yet. Or I might tentatively accept something only to discard it shortly thereafter when I somehow determine it to be faulty.

I liken this process to when I used to play SimCity, or Minecraft. When building a city in the former game, I tried to work out the best and most logical system for a fully functional and optimal city, constantly revising and changing things to accomadate new additions. If a particular area was no longer conducive to the harmonious functioning of the greater city, then I bulldozed it and revised, maybe adding more transportation, or rezoning it, et al. Similarly, in minecraft, I can come across a village and set to work renovating it and creating a functional, logical town. Sometimes I might destroy structures to make the town "flow" better, or simply add on to them or renovate them to be improved and more functional. I have a town I'm currently working on that has been walled, with an intricate moat system and guardtoweres and walkways along the outer wall, and a massive castle mansion I've built in the center. I've improved the various village structures in an effort to make a town that could be fully functional and self-sufficient, complete with farms and even an underground network of mines and catacombs.

This is sort of the approach I take when making music as well. Each piece is essentially a system. So if I add a new instrument or sound to a track, then I have to consider how that is interacting with the other instruments/synths. Do I need to remove a different one? Or edit the new one with effects to make it fit better in the whole? It all depends. Often there might be more than one obvious course of action to take and determining the best can be quite difficult for me. I often find this is also the case in determining a worldview or better understanding of reality.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP.... you seem to have inferior Fe and demonstrate a desire to be accepted by a group that Fi doms don't have. If people attack you too strongly, you often backtrack and try to make nice. Fi doms don't do that, ever.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I assumed so. I don't care if you are a Fi dom or not, nor am I going to analyze you further. Be whatever you like, change it next week.

Edit: I like the bloody thumb print tree best.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If people attack you too strongly, you often backtrack and try to make nice. Fi doms don't do that, ever.

Not as often maybe, but I wouldn't say never. Some IxFPs can be very conflict-avoidant (especially e9s) and while I think more passive IxFPs are more likely to just remove themselves from the situation when they feel attacked rather than backtracking and making nice, I've done it more than I'd like to admit.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What did you all think of the music demos I posted?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I assumed so. I don't care if you are a Fi dom or not, nor am I going to analyze you further. Be whatever you like, change it next week.

Edit: I like the bloody thumb print tree best.

Don't be such a party pooper. Your leather clad hottie avatar is misleading

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't know you at all, but have you ruled out Ne-dom? Your tentative style of judgments, along with your writing style smacks of Ne. And often when you're unsure of your type except that you're an FJ, or NP, then you probably have discovered your dominant function (Fe and Ne respectively, in the case of my 2 examples).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know you at all, but have you ruled out Ne-dom? Your tentative style of judgments, along with your writing style smacks of Ne. And often when you're unsure of your type except that you're an FJ, or NP, then you probably have discovered your dominant function (Fe and Ne respectively, in the case of my 2 examples).

I haven't ruled out ENxP. I am pretty withdrawn but I can become very outgoing around the right type of crowd. That's rare though. I might just be a Ne heavy INxP, or the equivalent of a socionics LII or EII Ne subtype. It's probably due to confirmation bias or the forer effect but the LII-Ne descriptions usually seem spot on or very close

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't ruled out ENxP. I am pretty withdrawn but I can become very outgoing around the right type of crowd. That's rare though. I might just be a Ne heavy INxP, or the equivalent of a socionics LII or EII Ne subtype. It's probably due to confirmation bias or the forer effect but the LII-Ne descriptions usually seem spot on or very close

You're not socionics EII. I can't see you as aristocratic at all. The democracy vs aristocracy dichotomy is how I ruled out EIE for myself.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're not socionics EII. I can't see you as aristocratic at all. The democracy vs aristocracy dichotomy is how I ruled out EIE for myself.

I identify more strongly with the descriptions of democratic types. The descriptions of aristocratic types do not seem very flattering to those types, but could I be thinking that because said descriptions seem more alien or distasteful to me to begin with?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Why do you think this?

Plus many other tests that have said I'm INFP, including Dario Nardi's cognitive functions test, which you can see my results on the last page of that thread here.

The problem is that literally everyone here says I cannot be INFP, and I have very clear Ti and supposedly Se.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Plus many other tests that have said I'm INFP, including Dario Nardi's cognitive functions test, which you can see my results on the last page of that thread here.

The problem is that literally everyone here says I cannot be INFP, and I have very clear Ti and supposedly Se.

Have you ever considered INTJ or ISFP?