• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] How do you brainstorm?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What's your personality type and how would you describe your brainstorming process?

ENFP. Whenever I need a solution to something I ask Ne and then look at what Ne comes up with. Most of the time I brainstorm because I need a solution to a problem asap and it must be an efficient one, so after Ne found a possible solution, I throw Te at it ("does that make sense? how practical is this idea"? < I literally ask myself these two questions every single time...)
Normally I'd use Fi to know whether something chimes with my values but I leave it out whenever it's not demanded.

How frequently do you brainstorm? Is it necessary for you? Do you like to brainstorm? For context, what do you generally brainstorm for?
Every other day, I'd say. Yes, it's necessary. At work, for studies, to get stuff done in the most efficient way. Even in my spare-time.
Depends on the problem I chew. But even then it can be fun. I find it most pleasureable when I brainstorm to find ideas for/work out the details of one of my novels.

:)

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not much of a forced brainstormer. I usually just randomly come up with ideas in my head and write them down if I think they're good.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As an aux Ne user, I'd describe my brainstorming as coming up with an overall theme for something, and then filling in the details from there. This mostly applies to drawing and collages though, or ordering food. I also think of brainstorming as in strategies, too. I think sometimes strategies are just given to you, like in video games. An example of this is in Kingdom Rush-when the newest tower unlocks, I go heavy on that tower and it works. I try to find strategies that give me the most efficiency and that can kill two birds with one stones, it's just all clicks for me. I see lots of possibilities so it's hard to limit myself to just one, but to limit myself I tell myself to go with what my gut or heart says although that takes awhile. I also think about if it can be done another time or not, or if it's not just a ripoff of something else. Sometimes I get a certain image of how something should turn out, so I find myself having to chase that image. My best brainstorms just happen out of nowhere, like say we're talking about swords and then I'd think about an app that tailors swords to your build. Good jokes too, are situational rather than something you have to work at. I don't usually write my ideas down unless I'm sharing them with others, it doesn't change anything for me, though I do find pleasure in writing down profiles.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dont I just stay dumb at a fairly consistent level