• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are 1, Triggers 2. Cognitive Dissonance 3. Cognitive Distortions 4. Projections 5. Judgment and possibly 6. Arguments interrelated?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1., Triggered when you meet people who think differently than you do. Att the heart of the trigger lies negative cognitive distortions.

When we meet someone different than ourselves we experience cognitive dissonance. Then we can fall into the trap of judging We judge what we don’t understand. With understanding cones less judgments.

2. Project unfairly and unconsciously and unfairly your own inner universe belief system., This inner universe are encoded in your unconscious cognitive schema.,

The reason it is unfair to people. We all have
because peoples names ople are uniquely different As an analogy, the brain is the drive. The life lessons we learned is the software.

It has been shown that the character, temperament and intelligence are pre- determined prior to birth by the genetics of the individual.

3: The fourth trap is judgment. You judge that which you don’t understand. You have been triggered. You experience cognitive dissonance. You project your own values, norms, mores unto the situation.

With the trigger comes the judgment. You are now being irrational and projecting statements that are filled with cognitive distortions.

4. At the heart of negative, subjective emotions are cognitive distortions.

5. When you follow this pattern, it could lead to an argument. “I takes two irrational people to have an argument. Metaphorically one person is banging their head on the North wall.

The Second party is banging their head on the south wall. Both are caught up with protecting their own message.

They don’t practice thought empathy, feelings empathy, feedback or validation. They are both like pouring gasoline unto a fire that represents their argument.

People are triggered and reacting with their own unfinished business, psychic wound and unconscious conflicts.

(1). Triggers, (2). Cognitive Distortions, (3). Projection, (4). Judgment, are all part of the pattern and go hand in hand. (5). All this can lead to the fifth effort in futility, an argument.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“How are 1, Triggers 2. Cognitive Dissonance 3. Cognitive Distortions 4. Projections 5. Judgment and possibly 6. Arguments all interrelated?

I want to stress the importance of this. Understanding these dynamics can help people from falling into a pit led by their emotions.

Remember if you experience a negative emotion because what I have said or anyone else for that matter, you are caught in a cycle.

These principles are from is both CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) and REBT (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy).

If I experience a negative emotion, there are cognitive distortions or irrational beliefs in your thought process.

The only amendments would be:

I. if I am in great physical pain
2. I am in a fight or flight scenario.
3. I find someone so anti-ethical to all I stand for.

For me an example would be Donald Trump. He offends me. It is important though that I not act on it or allow him to get under my skin. Rather deal with him in a rational and objective way. Don’t vote for him, simple.”

Quotation:
“If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.” Lao Tzu

If you want peace in the world i vow:

I. I am responsible for my own thoughts, feelings, speech, writing and actions irregardless of the situation or the person.

II. I will not repay negative energy with more negative energy. I will take the high road. I will walk the path least trodden upon because it is difficult.

III. How I act is a reflection of me. How they act is a reflection of them.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Projections”
“Don’t take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.” Unknown

I have asked what is a good measure of good mental health? There are many answers, but one excellent barometer of excellent sense of self is not being so easily triggered by others.

Those that do, in a sense are spreading the pollution of their inner wounded souls unto others and the world.

“When one is triggered one unknowingly and unconsciously is reacting from their own, “Unconscious Issues, Unresolved Conflict, emotional baggage and what I deem an unhealed psychic wound.”

What they don’t know is they are throwing out the pollution of their inner selves unto other people and unto external situations. Those that blame, do not show clarity, using reason and are seemingly justified at their outburst.

Gary, I’ve said this so many times. The problem is that unless a person has some background and knows what I’m talking about, it’s just mere words and gets tuned out.

Nonetheless this is scientific fact coming from the psychology field’s research. All of these variables go hand in hand. Not one stands alone. It is a massive blind spot on the part of humanity.

1. Negative Emotion: A person experiences a negative emotion.

2. Cognitive Dissonance: The person experiences cognitive dissonance because their perceived notion of reality collides with Real Reality.

They experience emotional discomfort. They usually though don’t have the insight that their is an internal problem of their own which is yet unaddressed.

3. Cognitive Distortions: The person uses irrational thoughts in their speech which contain all manner of distortions of thought.

4. Defense Mechanism: This is because the irrational ideations are a defense mechanism from looking within and correcting an issue.

I have an analogy. A negative emotion is akin to a cars engine warning light. Their is something wrong.

Now, I’m not discounting a person’s right to be offended, or morally outraged for that matter.
The issue though is that they are not keeping a cool, rational and clear head.

5. Emotional Reasoning: Emotional Reasoning is one of the 10 cognitive distortions in the human thought process. This distortion is one of the main culprits of humanities travesties.

6. Self Righteous: I’m using this term in the strictest dictionary meaning. It is not meant as an insult. All manner of evil has been done in the name of love, of feeling moral superiority, and a self righteous belief of their actions.

7. Projection: Just as Carl Jung stipulated, people should work on their own issues and as he deems it their shadow self. If it’s hard for us to change, then it is statistically highly almost impossible to change another person’s subjective viewpoint.

8. Judgment: The person judges another from their own internal system of beliefs. These are cognitive schemas coming from 8.1 Societal mores and norms, 8.2 peer expectations and 8.3 parental expectations.

9. Argument: If things escalate and you have two irrational human beings, both are unknowingly and in an entirely unconscious manner projecting their own inner reality unfairly unto another.

10. Ego: If it comes to this point then usually both parties are trying to explain their point of view and convince the other of their own rightness of their position. They are in fact protecting a triggered, and wounded immature ego. This will never work.

It comes to a psychological, emotional and spiritual mature individual to walk away. Especially if the other person is coming from an irrational and volatile point of view. One can not reason with another human being, who they themselves are not using reason.

11. Subjective, Negative Language: Whenever a person uses subjective opinion and point of view with negative language, they are being irrational. Now the other person may be heinous and wrong as well. That’s not the issue.

12. Blind Spots; This is why humanity is blinded. They can see the twig in their neighbors eyes but not the plank in their own eye. The problem with humanity as a species is using Negative and Subjective language against other people.

If we are negative, chances are we don’t even realize we are projecting our own inner phenomenological universes unto another human being.

13. Objective: What do I mean by this? Stick to objective facts and reason in debate style to make the point.” LightSun

#NegativeEmotion #cognitivedissonance #CogntiveDistortions #Projections #judgment #unconscious #NegativeSubjectivity #BlindSpots #Ego #defensemechanism #argument #selfrighteous #emotionalreasoning

Attachments

• 0F492A1D-E4A6-453A-BCB8-93F9B4E03CA0.jpeg
    0F492A1D-E4A6-453A-BCB8-93F9B4E03CA0.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0