• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

hi, socionics, MBTI,and enneagram typing? pecaf 40q

pississippi

1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?

It’s a lot worse to never attempt it because you’ll know whether you can improve at it or give it up only if you try. You’ll learn a lot of small things just from the experience and you’ll have connections and resources no matter what. Also, failure doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to give up.

2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?

Hmm… I guess I would make all humans aware of the long term consequences of their actions. This would prevent a lot of things like war, murder, procrastination, etc.

3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?

Where and from who you are born can influence your “fate”, or your future. But destiny doesn’t really exist. You need to accept how your life is and try to find the best way to be happy yourself. Everything you do or don’t do puts you a step forward to something, whether it be success or failure.

4. What happens after we die?
I don’t know, I’m guessing nothing and that scares and depresses me. It’s both scary and relieving that I won’t even feel death. You’re basically gone. You don’t exist. I put off thinking about it.

5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
Those two things aren’t really on one spectrum. But I guess if I had to choose I would do the right thing. IMO there isn’t a “right” way to do things and you can always find a way to solve a problem like this if you ever have to… in the wild. Doing the right thing is usually more black and white IMO.
6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
They literally can’t understand me lol. To a toddler, I’d say to always have an open mind and never feel trapped because you can always recover from anything. No matter how bad your situation is, you can make it better.

7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
When you start to hurt people to achieve your creative goals, or when you disregard negative consequences in order to realize your “perfect vision.”
8. What is true happiness?
A happiness that doesn’t go away. When you truly feel that you wouldn’t change anything in your life, you do things you enjoy, and when you die you won’t think back and wish for a redo.

9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
I’ve had pretty bad social anxiety for a while now and it’s hard for me to talk to people. I’ll always have something to say and I want to contribute and get recognized for contributing, but my fear always stops me and holds me back. It’s a source of shame. I feel like I missed out on so many experiences and friendships because I can never say what I want. Tied into that is my fear of failure. I don’t try hard or take some opportunities because I’m worried that I’ll fail and I excel as I want. Basically, fear.

10. What makes you, you? I really don’t know. I feel like I’m a lot of things at different times, and that’s why I’m so interested in socionics. I don’t have a strong sense of self and I don’t know how I come off to people until they tell me. I liked the johari/nohari window because I could see how people saw me. Some words everyone said were clever, self-conscious, energetic, sensible, observant, logical, passive, overdramatic, panicky, intolerant, and distant. I think I’m consistently logical, but my energy levels change all the time. I also don’t know where they got overdramatic. I guess if I were to describe my general vibe it would be kind of jokey and high strung but also logical.

12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
Lying is wrong because you’re not telling someone something they want to know, harming them. White lies are generally to not offend someone for a little while when they have a problem but you don’t want to say, but personally I don’t like them because I want to hear the truth. It’ll help me more when I know what’s wrong with me.

13. How do you know your perceptions are real?
I don’t know if they’re real but I act like they are. I guess this could be like a Matrix simulation thing but until I wake up in a vat of liquid I guess I don’t have to worry.

14. What makes a good friend?
Someone you can trust to not tell people stuff, someone who’s interested in what you say, and someone you can really click with.

15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
Like what? Like money? Well if they’re definitely going to acquire the money then it’s basically theirs already, so they can fear losing it. This applies to people too. Generally, people fear losing things they believe they already own. Maybe from their perspective, they do have those things.

16. Who decides what morality is?
You can decide for yourself. Listen to what people are saying and decide whether you agree or not.

17. What is the difference between living and being alive?
This is literally semantics, playing with words. Just say that “living” is really “living life with passion” or to the fullest and being alive is not having any passion. It’s really important that I find my passion, actually, so I can live every day with something fun to do.

18. Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it?
I don’t know, usually, wrong acts are wrong because they harm someone. And if something harms someone it has to do with people, and if people are around then they could find out about what you did. Wrong acts aren’t okay, period. And chances are people will find out.

19. Is there a reason to life?
Everyone should try to find something that makes their life worth living.Currently, I don’t have anything to live for so I’m going to college to find something I’d like to study. Life itself is meaningless and it happens by chance. Life is an opportunity to experience the world you came from before you disappear.

20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness?
Well, they have similar thoughts as you and similar actions. Mostly their logic is understandable.

21. What is true strength?
Bravery and perseverance.
22. What is true love?
Affection that never fades.
23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
Yes, it’s important that you have a support system behind you. However, the traditional mom/dad/spouse thing doesn’t have to mean family. It can also be friends. Basically, a family is made up of people who have your best interests at heart.

24. What role does honor play in today’s society?
It doesn’t really play much of a role. Most people don’t really care. It’s just some people who might personally notice that kind of thing.

25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
If you were raised in a culture where money was devalued, then sure. In the modern world, no. You need money to live.

26. How should people live their lives?
However they want as long as they don’t hurt anyone. Almost anything goes.

27. How much control do you have over your life?
Currently, I don’t have control because I’m living with my overbearing parents. They tell me how much and when to study, when to do my phone, and how long I can talk to my friends. They almost even forced me to go to a different college. I’m doing all I can to take back control and I’m going to college far away from them, where I’ll completely control my life. Other than that, there are no uncontrollable factors in my life and I’m confident that I can make my life go any way I want. I’m really lucky to be in such a good position because there are definitely people who aren’t as fortunate.

28. What is freedom?
When you can do and think whatever you want. You need to have freedom to be happy.

29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter?
Sure, if the freedom fighter person lacks perspective and doesn’t consider how they’re affecting other people.

30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
No, nurture definitely has a greater effect on our personality, especially when you consider how our personality changes as we go through life. By personality here I mean just external traits, not socionics type.

31. What defines you?
I don’t really know, I guess I’m really self-absorbed. I don’t know what I want in life. I’m basically a huge blank slate.

32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?
I thought enlightenment was like nirvana. And that was the end goal. So you don’t strive for anything, I guess. Maybe you help other people become enlightened.

33. Do we have a soul?
I don’t know, I guess not. There’s no mystical, special place in my heart. There’s only my consciousness. People who want us to have souls are just scared of death and of not existing anymore. They’re fooling themselves.

34. What is intelligence?
Being proficient at doing something. Talent, natural or not.
Smart lawyer→ good at argument
Smart dancer→ good at body movements
Smart politician→ good at manipulating people, public speaking

35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
I always make my own decisions. I’m more passive about talking to people than I am about making decisions. It really annoys me when someone tries to push decisions on me, like my mom.

37. Is trust more important than love?
IMO love involves trust. But trust doesn’t involve love. So i guess love is more important.

38. Is it easier to love or be loved?
It’s easier for me to be loved because it doesn’t involve me doing anything lol. I’m really timid with people and really scared of getting rejected so I usually don’t reach out.

39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love?
Love and lose because you have experience for later.

40. Do aliens exist?
Yeah, the universe is too big for only one planet that hosts life.

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, in the middle of your post I've set the hypothesis but would like to confirm it before I say what I think.
Could you tell me something about the way you cooperate in team works and what kind of activities are most interesting for you? What kind of books do you read (if)? Are you good at technologies?

pississippi

Okay, in the middle of your post I've set the hypothesis but would like to confirm it before I say what I think.
Could you tell me something about the way you cooperate in team works and what kind of activities are most interesting for you? What kind of books do you read (if)? Are you good at technologies?

How I work in a team really depends: if I'm comfortable, then I can be really energetic, efficient, and loud, how i want to be. if I'm uncomfortable, then I'm really quiet and I keep all of my thoughts and ideas to myself. generally, i like to do things my way, but if someone else suggests a conflicting idea, I'll give in if they're insistent because I'm not very confrontational.

I'm currently trying to find my passion. right now there are many things that are interesting for a little while, like socionics, random experiments, games, books, etc. but after a while i become bored again. I want to find something I'll never be tired of. i like reading fiction books with a fantasy element mostly.
i'd say that i'm decent at technologies and i can get things done when i need to.

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How I work in a team really depends: if I'm comfortable, then I can be really energetic, efficient, and loud, how i want to be. if I'm uncomfortable, then I'm really quiet and I keep all of my thoughts and ideas to myself. generally, i like to do things my way, but if someone else suggests a conflicting idea, I'll give in if they're insistent because I'm not very confrontational.

I'm currently trying to find my passion. right now there are many things that are interesting for a little while, like socionics, random experiments, games, books, etc. but after a while i become bored again. I want to find something I'll never be tired of. i like reading fiction books with a fantasy element mostly.
i'd say that i'm decent at technologies and i can get things done when i need to.

Thanks for your quick reply. I still have some doubts and can't find right questions to ask.

1. Imagine you have a project to finish. Let's assume you are a student attending start-up classes or a CEO, or something like that. What role would you play in your time?
2. Do you tend to explore possibilities with no specific goal?
3. Do you like discussions? If yes, what about, where and with who? Do you often use external data to prove your point?
4. If a problem occurs, what is the way you solve it? Try to explain in more detailed way so I can observe your approach.
5. How good are you doing at achieving your goals? Dreams or purposes?
6. How do you organize your time? Any schedules?
7. Are you predictable, chaotic or spontanous?
8. Are you focused on the future or present?

I might have some questions later, but now I'd rather confirmed some parts of my hypothesis.

pississippi

Thanks for your quick reply. I still have some doubts and can't find right questions to ask.

1. Imagine you have a project to finish. Let's assume you are a student attending start-up classes or a CEO, or something like that. What role would you play in your time?
2. Do you tend to explore possibilities with no specific goal?
3. Do you like discussions? If yes, what about, where and with who? Do you often use external data to prove your point?
4. If a problem occurs, what is the way you solve it? Try to explain in more detailed way so I can observe your approach.
5. How good are you doing at achieving your goals? Dreams or purposes?
6. How do you organize your time? Any schedules?
7. Are you predictable, chaotic or spontanous?
8. Are you focused on the future or present?

I might have some questions later, but now I'd rather confirmed some parts of my hypothesis.
ooh, more questions... ok, let's begin.

1. well generally it depends on when the project is due, how easy it is, and how long it will take for me to finish it. sometimes when i have homework that's boring or too hard I procrastinate especially since I don't have to turn it in. I procrastinated terribly on my college application essays because it was hard to concentrate on writing the perfect paragraph, for example. if I'm a CEO and it's a large project with a lot of smaller tasks to do and handle, like meeting with group members, deciding on something, filling out a report etc then I can handle it and I'll do it pretty quickly. I like the feeling of having things to do. Usually, those projects have a time constraint because there are more projects afterward so I'll do them without delay. Having a job is different from having homework because more people are expecting you to work; I would be more motivated in those conditions.

2. Yes, when I'm having fun joking around I'll say random things to make people laugh and I'm pretty curious about things. I guess my goal, if any, would be to find out more about things. Or career-wise, my goal would be to find a passion. I usually don't have super specific goals but just a general idea of what I want to do which may change depending on what happens.

3. Yes, I like discussions. About anything, really. I'm pretty flexible so I can talk about anything, even things I don't know about, in which case I ask questions. I like bouncing ideas off of people to get feedback on whether they're good or not. Politics and ethics are interesting, but I really hate when people moralize and act self-righteous so I usually stay away from talking about controversial social issues with random people. With my friends, I almost never talk about anything of substance, just random things about our day or vents. I'm conflict-avoidant so I don't press them about political opinions. The few times I have were stressful. I'm pretty opinionated and people have said that I'm arguing even though I didn't notice I was, but it's never led to actual fights. To prove my point I'll use data if I need it, like when someone is factually shaky, but I can't tell if I do it often or not.

4. Well, for practical problems I'll see if I can fix myself, or I'll contact someone to do it. Generally, I can handle those problems because there always an obvious thing to do and a lot of advice online if you're unsure. For example, say that I ran out of money for the week. I'd just do what's obvious and try to get more, whether it be from doing odd jobs or getting a loan from a friend. I wouldn't spend it carelessly or eat much. Most of my problems are actually with relationships. I don't know how to manage friendships or talking with people; for most of my life, I've been stressed by some friend. People say that I'm too sensitive but I think it's useful to figure out what it means if a friend acts in a certain way. I often go to reddit and google to find advice, but people say different things. It's very confusing and I get stressed.

5. If I have a goal, then I'd say I'm pretty good at achieving it. But my problem is that I'm very dispassionate and I currently don't have a clear goal. I'm about to go to college, but I don't have a major except maybe biology. My general plan is to find something I like, get an internship, find a job with the connections I got with the internship, and then live my life lol.

6. I don't organize my time and I don't really like schedules. Unless I'm so overwhelmed with work that I need to prioritize, but that almost never happens. Especially right now with quarantine, I have a lot of time on my hands. I spend a lot of it reading random stuff on the internet and playing games. It's a sad life and I feel terrible most of the time.

7. I'm more predictable. Even though I'm not totally goal-oriented and active I'm still not scattered. But I can be energetic.

8. I don't really know, I'd say the present. Even though I have a general idea of what I'm gonna do, I don't think about it that much. I mostly focus on what I want to do now while I'm stuck at home and who I am with personality theory... And a lot of the time I overthink and look at the past.

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ooh, more questions... ok, let's begin.

1. well generally it depends on when the project is due, how easy it is, and how long it will take for me to finish it. sometimes when i have homework that's boring or too hard I procrastinate especially since I don't have to turn it in. I procrastinated terribly on my college application essays because it was hard to concentrate on writing the perfect paragraph, for example. if I'm a CEO and it's a large project with a lot of smaller tasks to do and handle, like meeting with group members, deciding on something, filling out a report etc then I can handle it and I'll do it pretty quickly. I like the feeling of having things to do. Usually, those projects have a time constraint because there are more projects afterward so I'll do them without delay. Having a job is different from having homework because more people are expecting you to work; I would be more motivated in those conditions.

2. Yes, when I'm having fun joking around I'll say random things to make people laugh and I'm pretty curious about things. I guess my goal, if any, would be to find out more about things. Or career-wise, my goal would be to find a passion. I usually don't have super specific goals but just a general idea of what I want to do which may change depending on what happens.

3. Yes, I like discussions. About anything, really. I'm pretty flexible so I can talk about anything, even things I don't know about, in which case I ask questions. I like bouncing ideas off of people to get feedback on whether they're good or not. Politics and ethics are interesting, but I really hate when people moralize and act self-righteous so I usually stay away from talking about controversial social issues with random people. With my friends, I almost never talk about anything of substance, just random things about our day or vents. I'm conflict-avoidant so I don't press them about political opinions. The few times I have were stressful. I'm pretty opinionated and people have said that I'm arguing even though I didn't notice I was, but it's never led to actual fights. To prove my point I'll use data if I need it, like when someone is factually shaky, but I can't tell if I do it often or not.

4. Well, for practical problems I'll see if I can fix myself, or I'll contact someone to do it. Generally, I can handle those problems because there always an obvious thing to do and a lot of advice online if you're unsure. For example, say that I ran out of money for the week. I'd just do what's obvious and try to get more, whether it be from doing odd jobs or getting a loan from a friend. I wouldn't spend it carelessly or eat much. Most of my problems are actually with relationships. I don't know how to manage friendships or talking with people; for most of my life, I've been stressed by some friend. People say that I'm too sensitive but I think it's useful to figure out what it means if a friend acts in a certain way. I often go to reddit and google to find advice, but people say different things. It's very confusing and I get stressed.

5. If I have a goal, then I'd say I'm pretty good at achieving it. But my problem is that I'm very dispassionate and I currently don't have a clear goal. I'm about to go to college, but I don't have a major except maybe biology. My general plan is to find something I like, get an internship, find a job with the connections I got with the internship, and then live my life lol.

6. I don't organize my time and I don't really like schedules. Unless I'm so overwhelmed with work that I need to prioritize, but that almost never happens. Especially right now with quarantine, I have a lot of time on my hands. I spend a lot of it reading random stuff on the internet and playing games. It's a sad life and I feel terrible most of the time.

7. I'm more predictable. Even though I'm not totally goal-oriented and active I'm still not scattered. But I can be energetic.

8. I don't really know, I'd say the present. Even though I have a general idea of what I'm gonna do, I don't think about it that much. I mostly focus on what I want to do now while I'm stuck at home and who I am with personality theory... And a lot of the time I overthink and look at the past.

At the beginning I got an impression that you were Ti dom and I haven't changed my mind. Your answers are consistently logical. There is some inferior Fe in your description, too - the fact that you avoid conflict, that you try to not talk about sensitive subject. What caused some trouble was the second function. It wasn't (and still isn't) easy for me to make up my mind whether it was Se or Ne (are you a young person?). My first shot was Se.

I guess I would make all humans aware of the long term consequences of their actions.
If I have a goal, then I'd say I'm pretty good at achieving it.

And some other examples - sound like tertiary Ni.

You sound like a pragmatic person. I had some doubts because you like discussing "everything" and like random stuff, but you are present-oriented (this "past" part was a bit tricky) and value independence. I associate the way you speak and think with ISTPs way of speaking or thinking. ISTPs also like discussions, but from my experience is not about things that have alredy crossed their mind and they needed to blow the steam, but rather flow along with the conversation, having interesting ideas and making some observations. Pragmatic, observant and thoughtful. Maybe cheerful. Would you agree with what I wrote above and the type or rather not?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What made you choose that username?

pississippi

At the beginning I got an impression that you were Ti dom and I haven't changed my mind. Your answers are consistently logical. There is some inferior Fe in your description, too - the fact that you avoid conflict, that you try to not talk about sensitive subject. What caused some trouble was the second function. It wasn't (and still isn't) easy for me to make up my mind whether it was Se or Ne (are you a young person?). My first shot was Se.

And some other examples - sound like tertiary Ni.

You sound like a pragmatic person. I had some doubts because you like discussing "everything" and like random stuff, but you are present-oriented (this "past" part was a bit tricky) and value independence. I associate the way you speak and think with ISTPs way of speaking or thinking. ISTPs also like discussions, but from my experience is not about things that have alredy crossed their mind and they needed to blow the steam, but rather flow along with the conversation, having interesting ideas and making some observations. Pragmatic, observant and thoughtful. Maybe cheerful. Would you agree with what I wrote above and the type or rather not?

Sure, that sounds like me. ISTP is ok. Personally I'm more into socionics than MBTI but I appreciate you going into such depth. :) I'd agree that I'm logical but I think I focus on both Te and Ti, and I'm not sure if Se fits more than Ne. They seem to be very similar, and I personally love new experiences and exploring possibilities. I'm in college, by the way. I also think I'm more extroverted than introverted. But other than that, your description of "pragmatic, cheerful, etc" sounds like me.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ENTP, and if not, ENFP.

You seem to have a tendency to start posts with possibilities/options.

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sure, that sounds like me. ISTP is ok. Personally I'm more into socionics than MBTI but I appreciate you going into such depth. :) I'd agree that I'm logical but I think I focus on both Te and Ti, and I'm not sure if Se fits more than Ne. They seem to be very similar, and I personally love new experiences and exploring possibilities. I'm in college, by the way. I also think I'm more extroverted than introverted. But other than that, your description of "pragmatic, cheerful, etc" sounds like me.

I heard that they tend to be "the most intuitive from sensors" and my personal experience could prove this statement. I don't know much about socionics so I probably misunderstood your goal :D