• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Food Choice Test

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
food-choice

Wow. I actually thought I had some rather refined tastes, but for everyday eating, "middle class" sounds about right. This list was full of many foods and food categories I dislike and avoid: fried foods, "fast" foods (hotdogs, burgers), unaccompanied pasta, and many kinds of seafood I don't like. Where is the grilled salmon, or scallops, or cod? I agree with [MENTION=35920]Earl Grey[/MENTION] about the oysters: just no.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where is the grilled salmon, or scallops, or cod? I agree witih [MENTION=35920]Earl Grey[/MENTION] about the oysters: just no.

The test wasn't varied enough!! I'm pretty sure I saw burgers several times and WHY WERE THERE SO MANY OYSTERS

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The test wasn't varied enough!! I'm pretty sure I saw burgers several times and WHY WERE THERE SO MANY OYSTERS
Yes, several oddburgers, plus weird combinations like grits and lobster. Seriously? I think of grits as a poor folks food, and lobster as something for the wealthy/upper classes. Does anyone really eat this stuff. Don't bother linking recipes or restaurant menus. I'm sure someone does somewhere. In that case, I like neither so the choice was obvious.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes, several oddburgers, plus weird combinations like grits and lobster. Seriously? I think of grits as a poor folks food, and lobster as something for the wealthy/upper classes. Does anyone really eat this stuff. Don't bother linking recipes or restaurant menus. I'm sure someone does somewhere. In that case, I like neither so the choice was obvious.
Beats me, but there's a restaurant in town that has lobster mac and cheese. :shrug: I know that because I've eaten there, although I had something else.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
^ We got similar results.

food-choice

Your food choices resemble those of the lower-middle class (75%).

I've never had most of the upper class dishes, but if given the opportunity, I would probably try most of them. (Not the gold stuff, though.... I can't imagine gold ice cream tastes any better than regular ice cream. )

I've had truffle in various forms and never liked it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've had truffle in various forms and never liked it.

I've had truffle fries and thought those were pretty good. I don't know if those are "real" truffles, though. In general I like mushrooms and I'm probably going to spring for dried morel one of those days just to know what it tastes like.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I refuse to eat gold plated ice cream on general principal. I would eat sustainable fish eggs every day.

The Cat

Staff member
I enjoy oysters too. Even the smoked ones from the can, though I prefer fresh oysters.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I answered yes for that nonsense because I do like grits and lobster sounds promising- albeit SEPARATELY.

I think I laughed to pieces when I saw 'defrosted pizza' or something. Even if you're poor I'm damn sure you'd prefer fresh over reheated, let alone defrosted. Wtf even. This test was hilarious.

The Cat

Staff member
I answered yes for that nonsense because I do like grits and lobster sounds promising- albeit SEPARATELY.

I think I laughed to pieces when I saw 'defrosted pizza' or something. Even if you're poor I'm damn sure you'd prefer fresh over reheated, let alone defrosted. Wtf even. This test was hilarious.

Together would be good. some savory grits, lobster meat, and ghee. it would be fantastic.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, was that supposed to mean raw pizza??? :mad:

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Good grief, I thought the same thing. Fresh pizza it is, even if I have to make it myself. I suspect you would like lobster. It is considered an expensive treat where I come from, fished locally and very fresh. I was always considered odd for not liking it. For many years my aunt invited us for Christmas Eve dinner and served lobster. She knew I didn't like it so would make me a small bowl of scallops, which I quite enjoy. She needn't have made the extra effort. As with many Italian families, there was always plenty of other things to eat besides the lobster. I was not about to go hungry, but I appreciated her thinking of me.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Together would be good. some savory grits, lobster meat, and ghee. it would be fantastic.

I eat like a 5 y/o (I like separating things and eating them one by one), which sometimes makes me wonder if that's why I like JP cuisine so much.

All beautifully separated:

Yeah, was that supposed to mean raw pizza??? :mad:

That would be even funnier.

Good grief, I thought the same thing. Fresh pizza it is, even if I have to make it myself. I suspect you would like lobster. It is considered an expensive treat where I come from, fished locally and very fresh. I was always considered odd for not liking it. For many years my aunt invited us for Christmas Eve dinner and served lobster. She knew I didn't like it so would make me a small bowl of scallops, which I quite enjoy. She needn't have made the extra effort. As with many Italian families, there was always plenty of other things to eat besides the lobster. I was not about to go hungry, but I appreciated her thinking of me.

Considering I like shrimp and love crab, I think there's a good chance of it!

The Cat

Staff member
I eat like a 5 y/o (I like separating things and eating them one by one), which sometimes makes me wonder if that's why I like JP cuisine so much.

All beautifully separated:

That would be even funnier.

Considering I like shrimp and love crab, I think there's a good chance of it!

I've laways consitantly mixed food.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Caviar or roe? Caviar is a specific type of roe from a specific fish, I believe. Were they orange?

BTW you can also eat fish sperm, which is called milt.

49f4eb4c1f669257b861d19a0233397e.jpg

Eat them up, yum.

Some were orange, some were pink. Makes sense that they wouldn't serve caviar on a plate of 13$ sushi. I've used caviar and roe interchangeably, so thank you for reminding they are very different products.

I...don't know how to feel about that sperm. In that pic, it looks like a grody mixture of brains and soggy leftover pasta. But it doesn't sound half bad in a stew or something, and apparently you can treat it like liver(which I don't mind). I feel so dirty swallowing that, but bring me to a quality Japanese restaurant, I'll put that aside.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some were orange, some were pink. Makes sense that they wouldn't serve caviar on a plate of 13$ sushi. I've used caviar and roe interchangeably, so thank you for reminding they are very different products.

I...don't know how to feel about that sperm. In that pic, it looks like a grody mixture of brains and soggy leftover pasta. But it doesn't sound half bad in a stew or something, and apparently you can treat it like liver(which I don't mind). I feel so dirty swallowing that, but bring me to a quality Japanese restaurant, I'll put that aside.

I'd give it a shot, but yes, it does look nasty. I can't see it being worse than gefilte fish, though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this doesn't work for non meat eaters