• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] every enneagram is important

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
In my opinion,every enneagram has a purpose in a sense. enneagram 1s are known for their standards,if it is in morality,cleanliness and music and so on. enneagram 2s can make good psychologist and are known for showing compassion. enneagram 3s,you can be anything if you put your mind to it or to keep going to the end,enneagram 4s are known for being creative and artistic in anything they do. Enneagram 5s gain knowledge that could save a lot of people's lives if they are willing to listen and see catostraphe before it.enneagram 6s are known for their loyalty. 7s reminds us to be opened ended and not afraid to be explore the world and they could be fun teachers in school. enneagram 8s are known for their strength in morality,knowledge and good judgment. Enneagram 9s can make something bright about a bad situation and face it head on with faith and they are the infjs of enneagram.

remember you live in this universe as much as me or someone else,you do matter

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
My main problem with people who reify the enneagram is not dealing with the unstated assumptions of the enneagram; meaning, have a weak model in the mind regarding the “ideal” type of human. At the risk of sounding judgmental, I posit, that in general, society would agree, for example, that the “idea” of masculinity correlates with some general traits. For example, I’ve heard mothers lament that they observe their male children to be more withdrawn and sullen and wish they were more extraverted and joyful. I don’t see this as being judgmental. I think this is a true feminine intuition to some degree: that society in general judges open, happy, and communicative people in general to more withdrawn, secret, covert operatives. That isn’t to say that healthy people can’t choose to behave/interact within different contexts when they are dealing with different interaction styles, but given ideal environments, I believe the healthier a person is, the more they are open to interaction from others.

The enneagram does not operate with this idea of innate normatively that is more endemic MBTI theorists, which does concretize, or posit, some patterns as more innate— which means, not liable to change depending on the psychological health of an individual. I think this is the main problem of the enneagram. Yes, there are degrees of health in some more detailed type descriptions, but I still believe they are based on false assumptions from the initial inductive form of reasoning, and not reasoning from principles, in my opinion. I believe the higher structures of enneagram suffer from this fundamental flaw. I believe a healthier way, perhaps, to view the enneagram is to see in terms of stages in human development rather than immutable forms of human nature. That is just my theory at this point.