• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beneficial vs Harmful Discrimination: When People Judge others from the Point of Unity, not the Point of Division

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
People discriminate all the time, with respect to who to have a relationship with, who to befriend, who to hire, and who to buy from. Additionally, people type others' personalities, and determine whether that person would make a good friend, lover, workbuddy, etc. When people personality type from the perspective of Unity, then it's easier to type the person, especially in terms of Identity Temperament. While people can type using their temple muscles by moving said muscles up upon answering a question (like "is that person Improvement primary", etc.), the answer comes easier via the psychic modalities when that person types from the point of view of Unity, not Division.

Thank you for reading, and please let us know your thoughts or opinions.

Hawk

MBTI Type
INTJ
Using the term "descriminate" is discrimination to me. Why wouldn't we use "preference"?

I think this is the problem with the entire societal mentality of descrimination in general.

If we stopped trying to make a big deal about difference and focus on commonalities we would be much better off.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Using the term "descriminate" is discrimination to me. Why wouldn't we use "preference"?

I think this is the problem with the entire societal mentality of descrimination in general.

If we stopped trying to make a big deal about difference and focus on commonalities we would be much better off.

Preference entails liking something without knowing or being able to explain the reason why. Discrimination means you like something, and know the reasons for it.

Hawk

MBTI Type
INTJ
Preference entails liking something without knowing or being able to explain the reason why. Discrimination means you like something, and know the reasons for it.
If the terms are defined that way I would disagree with the definitions. You can know why you prefer something.

Descrimination would then be the process.

Preference is the result.

I still would state if we focused on preference and commonalities the rediculousness of how society handles the descrimination term would change.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
People discriminate all the time, with respect to who to have a relationship with, who to befriend, who to hire, and who to buy from. Additionally, people type others' personalities, and determine whether that person would make a good friend, lover, workbuddy, etc. When people personality type from the perspective of Unity, then it's easier to type the person, especially in terms of Identity Temperament. While people can type using their temple muscles by moving said muscles up upon answering a question (like "is that person Improvement primary", etc.), the answer comes easier via the psychic modalities when that person types from the point of view of Unity, not Division.

I don't see a problem as long as there are no negative prejudices that can harm their right to fairness and equal opportunities in different contexts where such parameters do not matter.

Outside of such contexts, in places where freedom of choice thrives, each one of us should get to respectfully enjoy their preferences without shame or fear of any repercussions.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As the OP says, we discriminate all the time. The problem comes when we discriminate on the basis of criteria that are not relevant to the situation. If we want to hire a chef and discriminate on the basis of gender, religion, shoe size, etc., that makes no sense as those qualities are irrelevant. If we discriminate on the basis of culinary training and experience, that is fair game as it is directly relevant. Sometimes there is a middle ground: we may want someone from a particular culture, say, because they grew up with the cuisine we want to feature in our restaurant. We have to be careful there, to focus on the actual experience and not simply the identity.

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
If the terms are defined that way I would disagree with the definitions. You can know why you prefer something.

Descrimination would then be the process.

Preference is the result.

I still would state if we focused on preference and commonalities the rediculousness of how society handles the descrimination term would change.

Knowing why you prefer something has to be way more than just "I like it" or "it feels better". This entails disciminating between what you like and what you don't like, and knowing why or the reasons behind the decision or preference.

Lazinc

MBTI Type
😎

How does this differ from the evaluation of Feeling?

AlexSD

People discriminate all the time, with respect to who to have a relationship with, who to befriend, who to hire, and who to buy from. Additionally, people type others' personalities, and determine whether that person would make a good friend, lover, workbuddy, etc. When people personality type from the perspective of Unity, then it's easier to type the person, especially in terms of Identity Temperament. While people can type using their temple muscles by moving said muscles up upon answering a question (like "is that person Improvement primary", etc.), the answer comes easier via the psychic modalities when that person types from the point of view of Unity, not Division. I tried to discuss this issue with my classmates and professor in order to write an article for a student blog, but their opinions are divided, so I look for answers on forums on the Internet. When I studied the discrimination essay at https://paperap.com/free-papers/discrimination/ I found many stories about discrimination in today's society. Despite the fact that society is becoming more tolerant and people are trying to respect the privacy of other people, it seems to me that this problem will be relevant for a long time to come.

People love to discriminate, they love to evaluate other people and their achievements. Although it seems to me that society is becoming more tolerant.

Last edited: