• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Engineers from the Alien Franchise related to the Grey Aliens, Black-eyed Kids, and the Tapeworms?

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
The Engineers from the Alien Franchise are known to be white-skinned, with black colorations for their eyes. This is very similar to Grey Aliens mentioned in stories about aliens, as well as Black-eyed Kids. Their skin color reminds me of the tapeworm, and there are mentioning of Grey Aliens absorbing nutrients mainly through the skin as well. Interestingly, the tapeworm has closely evolved with humans for millions of years, and are part of the human gut microbe environment.

Thank you for reading, and please share your thoughts and opinions.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ridley Scott's newest movies in that universe have muddied the waters quite a bit. I am pretty sure much of the newly established lore overrides anything from previous expanded universe stuff such as the graphic novels and video games.

Prior to Prometheus, my head canon explanation was that the space jockeys (engineers) were not related to the xenos, but had raised them and genetically modified them from an existing species into a bioweapon. An outbreak on that ship led to it crashing on LV-426 (whether deliberately or by accident is unknown but I lean toward the former, based on the warning beacon discovered by the Nostromo crew in Alien). Honestly, the original Alien tells us everything we need to know, albeit visually, and I find the "explanations" for the space jockey attempted in later media to ruin the mystery and aura of that original scene. The more aggressive nature might be from David having incorporated more aspects of the "raw" neomorph physiology and behaviors into his designs. David would've had no knowledge or material from LV-426 to work with (since the events of Alien haven't taken place yet at this point in the timeline)

When you speak of Grey Aliens, are you referring to the Neomorphs seen in Alien: Covenant? I assumed that they were either a different variant of xeno created by the engineers at one point, or that they represent the "rough" or more natural form of the xenomorph species prior to their modifications at the hands of the engineers (and later David). I also believe the xeno seen in Covenant was distinct from the Xenos in the other Alien films, as it was engineered by David based on his research on the engineers/spacejockeys' experiments rather than spawned directly from the original variant line seen in Alien, Aliens and Alien 3. Hence, it had a more sinewy, organic appaearance vs the biomechanical look of the original aliens. It also seemed a fair bit more aggressive and animalistic than the drone in Alien, which was cautious and opportunistic.

Last edited:

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ridley Scott's newest movies in that universe have muddied the waters quite a bit. I am pretty sure much of the newly established lore overrides anything from previous expanded universe stuff such as the graphic novels and video games.

Prior to Prometheus, my head canon explanation was that the space jockeys (engineers) were not related to the xenos, but had raised them and genetically modified them from an existing species into a bioweapon. An outbreak on that ship led to it crashing on LV-426 (whether deliberately or by accident is unknown but I lean toward the former, based on the warning beacon discovered by the Nostromo crew in Alien). Honestly, the original Alien tells us everything we need to know, albeit visually, and I find the "explanations" for the space jockey attempted in later media to ruin the mystery and aura of that original scene. The more aggressive nature might be from David having incorporated more aspects of the "raw" neomorph physiology and behaviors into his designs. David would've had no knowledge or material from LV-426 to work with (since the events of Alien haven't taken place yet at this point in the timeline)

When you speak of Grey Aliens, are you referring to the Neomorphs seen in Alien: Covenant? I assumed that they were either a different variant of xeno created by the engineers at one point, or that they represent the "rough" or more natural form of the xenomorph species prior to their modifications at the hands of the engineers (and later David). I also believe the xeno seen in Covenant was distinct from the Xenos in the other Alien films, as it was engineered by David based on his research on the engineers/spacejockeys' experiments rather than spawned directly from the original variant line seen in Alien, Aliens and Alien 3. Hence, it had a more sinewy, organic appaearance vs the biomechanical look of the original aliens. It also seemed a fair bit more aggressive and animalistic than the drone in Alien, which was cautious and opportunistic.

Thank you for responding. The Grey Aliens that I'm referring to come from UFOlogy, like Area 51 related.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They look much more sporty than the traditional nerdy greys. Maybe they are genetically engineered by the greys for physical tasks? If you think about life as a grey, their little arms and legs are really skinny, and it would make it difficult to get work done that's not on the computer.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe they’re us from the future. After a point that hands free technology has pretty much taken over everything and we no longer need arm and leg muscles

Sparkykun

MBTI Type
INFJ
They look much more sporty than the traditional nerdy greys. Maybe they are genetically engineered by the greys for physical tasks? If you think about life as a grey, their little arms and legs are really skinny, and it would make it difficult to get work done that's not on the computer.

Maybe they’re us from the future. After a point that hands free technology has pretty much taken over everything and we no longer need arm and leg muscles

I feel like Greys are like the Neanderthals of the "Engineer Race". While they are focused on technological and scientific pursuits, they are also lacking in their ability to socially communicate with emotions. It's like how while Neanderthals can survive in harsh conditions in the wild, their social skills or language ability are also relatively lacking. Engineers are like Greys, though with the ability to better communicate and socialize with others.