• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anime (and Manga) Appreciation!

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm not a die hard fan but I do rather enjoy anime. I was introduced to it courtesy of my INTJ friend who has a huge collection of them and loves having movie nights.

Of the few I've seen, my favourites are (in no particular order):

Movies
My Neighbour Totoro
Nausicaa
Princess Mononoke
Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0
Steam Boy
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

TV Series
Death Note (although I'm only 1/2 way through - don't ruin it! )
Evangelion
Escaflowne
Elfen Lied

I need to see Perfect Blue and Akira again because they were the first animes I saw and they freaked the hell out of me. I'm thinking that maybe I'd feel differently now...

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was re-watching Bakemonogatari again today and URF. This is still incredibly, incredibly romantic.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaa3zi78VrY"]Hitagi and Araragi[/YOUTUBE]

yeghor

Heres what I could come up with so far, a * next to it means its one of my favorites, I like every anime on this list, but in varying degrees, but I am only gooing to use a * on my favorites, the others will not be given a ranking, that never ends well,lol.

Rurouni Kenshin* (and Reminiscence, not a HUGE fan of sumarai X but still liked it.)
Full metal Alchemist* (and Brotherhood*)
Cowboy Bebop*
Elfen Lied
Berzerk** sooooo violent though, the stuff nightmares are made of... the manga is even crazier, but I like it a lot more.
Gundam SEED (and most of the gundam shows, but in varying degrees, some are just ok, some are pretty awesome)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (and pretty much the other stuff too...)
Death Note*
GunGrave
Grave of the fireflies
FLCL**
Fruits basket*
Samurai Champloo*
Naruto (MOSTLY shippuuden**, but I think the earlier episodes where needed for contrast and to show his growth...)
Bleach*** (been reading really far forward in the manga, not really watching the anime anymore)
Trigun*****(Oh god YESSSSS...morreeee...why does it have to be over *cries*)
Vision of Escaflowne
Princess Mononoke*
Chrono crusade
Wolf's rain*
Scryed*
Serial Experiments Lain**
Vampire Hunter D (second anime I ever watched actually, was brutal,lol)
Eureka seven
Boogiepop Phantom (serious wtf anime, but I kept coming back for more...lol)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
With hunter Robin
Ghost in the shell (the movie, not much of a fan of the series, was ok first time through.)
Hellsing (Ok, I haven't actually watched more than one episode so far, but what I saw, was kind of awesome, and I
keep meaning to watch the rest...lol)
Paranoia Agent (their intro music annoyed the hell out of me.)
Akira (first anime I ever watched, my mom about killed my brother for letting me watch it, I had so many
nightmares,lol)
Outlaw Star*
.hack//SIGN* (also twilight bracelet, but not so much...)
CODE GEASS* Hangyaku no Lelouch (also, R2)
Ranma 1/2 ***
Yu Yu Hakusho*
Noein - Mo Hitori no Kimi e
D.N Angel
Kiki's Delivery Service
Peace Maker Kurogane
Trinity Blood***
Ninja Scroll (the series as well)
Record of Lodoss War
Blood: The Last Vampire (and Blood+, actually I think I like Blood+ a lot more...)
Dragon Ball!*** (some of Dragon ball Z)
Fist of the North Star
Galaxy Express 999***
Soul Eater*
Macross
Dead Leaves***
Yamato Nadeshiko*
Ah! My Goddess!*** (there seems to be multiple versions of this anime, the one I prefered which I saw first, I cant seem to find anywhere online...)
Tenchi Muyo (Like most of them to one degree or another.)
Kekkaishi
Blue Gender
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit

There is so much more, im sure, but this is all I can think of/find at the moment, I will add more if/when I remember them... I didnt include pics cause my list is way to long, that would be way to huge of a post,lol.

Nice list. Watching this anime titled "Made in Abyss" these days.

yeghor

A gloomy and eerie anime about a girl in a weird world. There's barely any dialogue but the storytelling style keeps one intrigued.

Angel's Egg

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My favorite
1. Hellsing
2. Black Clover
3: Attack On Titan
4. Full Metal

@Coriolis we shared our love in fantasy. I at the time said my favorite fantasy writers were;
1. Tanith Lee nicknamed ‘The Princess Royal of Fantasy
2. Marion Zimmer Bradley Darkover Novels
3. Roger Zelazny Amber Series
4. Michael Moorcock Elric Saga

I somehow can’t picture you watching an Anime cartoon.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favorite
1. Hellsing
2. Black Clover
3: Attack On Titan
4. Full Metal

@Coriolis we shared our love in fantasy. I at the time said my favorite fantasy writers were;
1. Tanith Lee nicknamed ‘The Princess Royal of Fantasy
2. Marion Zimmer Bradley Darkover Novels
3. Roger Zelazny Amber Series
4. Michael Moorcock Elric Saga

I somehow can’t picture you watching an Anime cartoon.
On your second list, I have enjoyed Tanith Lee and Marion Zimmer Bradley myself. Also Ursula Leguin and Stephen Donaldson.

As for anime, a friend did get me to watch Attack on Titan. I quite enjoyed it, but haven't finished watching all available episodes yet.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
On your second list, I have enjoyed Tanith Lee and Marion Zimmer Bradley myself. Also Ursula Leguin and Stephen Donaldson.

As for anime, a friend did get me to watch Attack on Titan. I quite enjoyed it, but haven't finished watching all available episodes yet.
That’s a pleasant surprise my friend. Black Clover is sword and sorcery. Nice hearing from you. As I said this site has become awfully quiet.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

P. S. @Coriolis most of my life I have been a perfectionist. I tended to go to lengths in all my pursuits. On the mainland I had quite an extensive library of fiction and nonfiction.
In science fiction I collected the Hugo and Nebula Awards for best science fiction.

One of the earliest Hugo Award winner in the 1950’s had a science fiction novel of invisible aliens that fed on the emotions of humans. This makes more sense and I find this more believable to me than any religion.

Ursula Leguin’s book the Left Hand of Darkness I believe was n both the Hugo and Nebula awards.

Stephen Donaldson’s books won many fantasy awards. I used to collect the World Fantasy and Brutish Fantasy Award winning novels.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
P. S. @Coriolis most of my life I have been a perfectionist. I tended to go to lengths in all my pursuits. On the mainland I had quite an extensive library of fiction and nonfiction.
In science fiction I collected the Hugo and Nebula Awards for best science fiction.

One of the earliest Hugo Award winner in the 1950’s had a science fiction novel of invisible aliens that fed on the emotions of humans. This makes more sense and I find this more believable to me than any religion.

Ursula Leguin’s book the Left Hand of Darkness I believe was n both the Hugo and Nebula awards.

Stephen Donaldson’s books won many fantasy awards. I used to collect the World Fantasy and Brutish Fantasy Award winning novels.
Left Hand of Darkness has long been one of my favorite books.

yeghor

An anime series about parasytic aliens taking over human bodies to survive

Parasyte the Maxim

yeghor

A story about an artificial lifeform creaeted by a mysterious entity, that can replicate body and memory of creatures at the moment of their death, and gradually learns to become human and tries to find its purpose in life

To Your Eternity

yeghor

The animation is a bit dated but the story is quite engaging.

Record of Lodoss War