• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I ENTJ, ENTP, or ESTP?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I take those standard MBTI tests that judge your score by letters (E vs I, etc), I nearly ALWAYS get ENTJ.

However when I take the cognitive functions tests, I always seem to get ESTP.

But when I read the description and think about it holistically, I identify most with the ENTP description.

Who am I?

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When you take the function test, are your Ne and Se close together? What function has the lowest score?

When you read the descriptions, what is it about the ENTP profile that you particularly identify with?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I used to test as an ENTJ rather frequently, and still tend to test as an ENTP on simple tests, but my cognitive functions test is ordered (Se, Ne, Ti...) and I identify more with the ESTP personality type, so that's what I've gone with :)

the three types are easy to confuse :ninja:

(and I know other STPs who have screwed up test results as well, so I'm not the only weirdo!)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When you take the function test, are your Ne and Se close together? What function has the lowest score?

When you read the descriptions, what is it about the ENTP profile that you particularly identify with?

Yeah, they're pretty close. FE is lowest, followed by FI.

Which makes no sense for either of the two types. Or ENTJ. I thought I'd score higher on the Fe & Fi than that, but I don't, and I've tried it 3 different times.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Gawwwd, all of them are somewhat applicable to me when I'm under stress. I don't get stressed out often, but when I do, it's a SPAZZFEST.

However, what with the reclusiveness, impatience, and hypochondria when in spazzmode, I indeed seem to be ENTP. But this is by my own holistic self-evaluation though...

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh yeah, here's my cognitive function results. The thing tells me I'm an ESTP, but that's the last thing I'd consider myself. What do you think these results would point to?

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************************* (43.1)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (36)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.2)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********** (10.6)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************** (18.6)
limited use

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
When I take those standard MBTI tests that judge your score by letters (E vs I, etc), I nearly ALWAYS get ENTJ.
However when I take the cognitive functions tests, I always seem to get ESTP.
But when I read the description and think about it holistically, I identify most with the ENTP description.
Who am I?

All three.
- look at the questions deciding between J/P and identify the situations/traits that count towards J-ness. Most of those tests decide J vs P on time management. I know more people who are absolutely J in their time management, but in nothing else.
- look at the questions which decide Se vs Ne... the same applies here.
- the differences between these tests and descriptions can refine your understanding of yourself, rather than make it vague.

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
What do you feel most stimulated and energised by:

A) Exploring new possibilites, originating new ideas and considering issues based on the present physical world from many different angles
B) Experiencing the external physical world in the present moment with your five basic senses
C) Organising, planning and structuring using logic directed to the external environment

A = ENxP, B = ESxP, C = ExTJ

Last edited:

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As soon as I saw your username I felt the urge to scream "ENTP!!" :D

In cognitive processes tests I come out as Fe dominant and the rest of my function are all over the place. The best thing to do it just read the descriptions of the fuctions and see which one fits best for you. I've done this and I realised that Ni was in fact my dominant function and that the tests were wrong.
And you say you indentify most with ENTP. Well you are the best judge of your own type so just go with that :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah, here's my cognitive function results. The thing tells me I'm an ESTP, but that's the last thing I'd consider myself. What do you think these results would point to?

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************************* (43.1)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (36)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.2)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********** (10.6)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************** (18.6)
limited use

Well, I would go with your gut instinct. I think you're probably ENTP if you think you are. The "letter by letter" tests are deceiving. You can get any result depending on the mood and other factors in your life. You are probably just ENTP with a random strong Se.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would you say you prefer using Ne or Se more? You could very easily be either ENTP or ESTP (ENTJ is out -- your Ni is far too weak), so it's down to preferences. From your posts here you seem more N than S, but that's just my opinion.