• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an SEI or EII?

TreasuredTimes

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hi, I'm usually interested in MBTI and enneagram (I'm an ISFP 9w1 btw, also most likely FELV) but for the last bunch of months I've been getting really into Socionics. Everything seems to point towards SEI, though there are two doubts:

1. I tend to consistently hate ILEs and SLEs, and like LIEs and LSEs. According to relationships theory I should be idealizing ILEs, but I tend to hate them (I find them too cunning, seemingly untrustworthy/chaotic and I don't like how they tend to love debunking beliefs and dismantling opinions at all, they also seem pretty sociopathic to me).
2. I did a Socionics test a while ago (Socionics test for determining the type of personality. Official test for type by Gulenko, personality types in Humanitarian Socionics. The best test for personality type in socionics! LSI socionics.), and I got higher Fi than Fe. But at the same time I suppose this makes sense, since SEIs have 3D Fe and 4D Fi.

Apart from that, why I think I'm a SEI:

1. I'm 100% certain about being ISFP and 9w1, and SEI is very heavily correlated with these.

2. I relate super strongly to Si base and Te PoLR (though I find Ne PoLR and Se PoLR very relatable as well).

3. I'm also 100% sure about not valuing Se and Ni, so I can safely cross off all 8 types that do. And SEI is not one of those.

4. Most people who I've asked about this type me as SEI (someone else just now also emphasized that I'm absolutely not a Se-Ni valuer, and 100% Si-Ne).

5. I relate a lot to fictional SEIs.

6. The only other possibilities that I can reasonably weigh are SLI, ESI, LSI, IEI and EII. But since I don't value Se and Ni at all ESI, LSI and IEI are impossible, and EII has Ne creative which doesn't work for me.

I also described my experience with the IMs:

1. Si: I'm generally a very low energy present minded person who's mostly interested in fun activities like gaming and watching anime, eating good food, aesthetically pleasing things, etc. I love comfort (both physical and psychological), and lack of all aforementioned things is like drinking poison to me. To me the point of living is to have a good time in whatever ways possible (whether it's spending time with friends and family, listening to music, playing games and watching anime, eating good food, etc).

2. Fe: I tend to be pretty expressive. I love upbeat, playful, expressive and positive people and tend to feel uneasy around high strung or indifferent people. The atmosphere of a place affects me a lot (if a bus driver greets me with a smile I feel happier taking the bus than when they sit there all grumpy, and a room full of cheerful people puts me at ease while a room full of angry people intimidates me), whether it's the place itself (I love cities at night and hate old buildings for example) or the people. Negativity gets me down hard. I also feel like a mirror, when people are nice to me I'm inspired to be nice to others as well, and when they're not I have a tendency to fall down a spiral of negative thoughts and get kinda gloomy. I tend to communicate pretty directly with my feelings and opinions as well, sometimes perhaps a bit exaggerated.

3. Ni: As far as I can tell, it's about looking in the past and future? I simply don't really spend much time doing that, it's the kind of thing I usually only really do if someone spurs me on to do so, but usually I'm just sitting there like "meh, why bother". Not too much to say here, quite ambivalent towards it, though it does seem to be linked with pessimism which I hate (ILIs tend to be the doomer archetype it seems), not sure why though. But I don't harbor any particularly strong opinions on the IM itself.

4. Te: I have enormous difficulty with being productive and doing things that are necessary when I don't feel like it. Daily chores, anything resembling work, school things, etc, are all pure torture to me. I also feel deeply insecure about my logical skills and prefer to consult others on logical matters than to come up with something by myself and rely on that. I'm super gullible and it's extremely easy to defeat me in a debate since I unconsciously always feel like other people are secretly right and I'm wrong, like even if I have a solid argument and the opposing party doesn't I can still doubt mine if the other goes all "lol do you seriously believe that?" or something along these lines. I'm not very pragmatic or utilitarian. I do have periods wherein I'm suddenly feeling slightly detached and don't really crave fun or things like that and instead want to work on things and improve stuff (like learning skills, improving the privacy on my devices, etc), it's kinda cerebral and pretty satisfying. Lately I've gotten better at getting into this mindset manually.

5. Ne: I have a tendency to think in a straight line without looking left or right for alternate possibilities (I prefer to latch onto a singular idea and stay there), plenty of "whoa, hadn't thought of it that way before" moments when someone brings up an unexpected and impressive idea, sometimes irritation with people who indulge too much in Ne (mainly if they act all elitist about it) and not really caring about novelty/eccentricity/innovation/experimentation/etc for it's own sake. I mean, I would consider my sense of humor pretty quirky, and I can enjoy content made by heavy Ne users that's obviously very Ne-ish, but I'll always approach it from a Si-Fe angle (how it makes me feel, the aesthetics, etc). So I won't usually care for it in an intellectual or metaphysical sense, but moreso for the emotional and sensory aspects. I'm also really really not fond of the usual mindset of high Ne users where always questioning everything and keeping an open mind to everything is considered an essential virtue, because it opens up the possibility of having your deepest held beliefs invalidated and basically having your whole psyche and peace of mind collapse, it also just seems super exhausting in general since that way you can never really settle down on an idea, a belief or anything like that and always have to stay on your toes. I feel like I consciously don't really value it, but unconsciously I might. I respect it most when it brings solutions to problems (like if I feel like I hit a dead end and the Ne user metaphorically speaking drills a hole in the wall for me to jump through), gives me interesting ideas to get me out of a mental rut (when I'm feeling bored and they tell me about something interesting that I can think about, my interest in typology basically appeared like that), etc. PoLR Ne seems actually pretty suitable, but unlike PoLR Ne users I don't really actively hate Ne and just judge it on individual cases, so I can easily go along with something a PoLR Ne user would find outrageous or deeply strange.

6. Ti: Very on and off for me, usually I'm very far from a logical person but I can occasionally find it interesting and rewarding to research things. When I get really into it and become really knowledgeable about something I feel like I've become stronger, more capable and more self-assured (maybe the reason for my interest in typology? before I learned about typology I found people very hard to understand). I like it when people can give me detailed explanations about the inner workings of something (like if I'd buy a set of speakers and someone would explain why this and that contribute to high audio quality), this makes me feel more knowledgeable and if it's for something I've bought I become much more assured about my purchase and I stop pondering whether I might've been fooled into buying something pointless. I have a tendency to overthink things a lot to an extremely deep degree (can't even give examples, it gets way too abstract, random and esoteric). I can't fathom it as a main approach to life however, and I can't really handle it for prolonged amounts of time or I'll get the feeling that I'm becoming smothered by it. The thing I like least about Ti is when it's used in a malicious way, like deconstructing someone's beliefs in a sort of cold, passive aggressive way, gaslighting, etc. It kinda spirals down into nihilistic hostility in those instances, and with my low confidence in my logical skills it's kinda like a psychological strangle.

7. Se: Aggressive, assertive, commanding and confrontational people nearly always rub me the wrong way and make me quietly resent them. I take great care in not coming off as aggressive in communication with others and am pretty chill. Se tends to appear pretentious, kinda barbaric and "missing the point" from my POV, since to me it always seems like Se is a solution looking for a problem (take the "acquire dominance and territory" thing for example, I see absolutely no reason to do that, if everyone would just chill out a little we can work it out much easier and comfortably). I'm kinda annoyed by people who feel like they have to be working or being productive 24/7 and consider hobbies, interests, other fun things, etc, a sort of "side dish" and only do these out of necessity so they don't burn out or because of social expectations (also how they rush through it). The whole mentality of viewing life as a sort of obstacle course and "kill or be killed" also seems extremely exhausting and depressing. A recurring theme in my life is that people often aggressively encourage me to stand up for myself more which irritates me. I really don't like the IM at all.

8. Fi: This is very jerky for me as someone with aspergers, it's almost like it's simultaneously 1D and 4D. Usually I'm way too formal and distant with people I don't know (well), yet when I'm even the slightest bit familiar with or close to them I can sometimes overestimate my relation to them and can get too personal, make an inappropriate joke accidentally, dive into too esoteric and strange topics, etc, which I feel embarrassed out afterwards (especially when someone calls me out on it). I hate manipulative people and people who put you in uncomfortable social situations (an unhealthy SEE thing most often if seems). PoLR Fi sounds kinda scary to me though.

If you want a lot of more info, here's a questionnaire I filled in a while ago: Socionics questions - Google Docs

Overall, I'm fairly sure I'm an SEI, but I'm still not really able to completely erase the possibility of EII. Aside from that though I think all other types can be ignored. Any more thoughts on this?

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I have social anxiety and asperger's.

infinityaurora

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
You come across as more of Si-dom, since you talked so much about Si-related, physical, present-tense details and were able to elaborate on these, seemingly naturally, without going on tangents about meanings or possibilities that an intuitive would do if talking about such details. There also really wasn't that much Ne or Ni in there at all (when you were discussing the future and possibilities you didn't seem to consider them that much) which would suggest you're not an intuitive type. You also described interpersonal relationships in terms of the interactions between yourself and others (Fe) rather than anything in the internal relational sense (Fi). I think SEI is a good fit for you.

TreasuredTimes

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Thanks for the confirmation, I think SEI's indeed the best match, will settle on that.

Freerace

I was dithering over my type for a long time but more recently I've been leaning toward ISFP. Having read this however, I am now more than ever confident because every paragraph describes my experience of the functions exactly and I've never seen it written so succinctly. Thank you.