• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I INFP? or ENFP or ENTP?

Yueun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
hmm
(English isn't my first language. so please bare with me.)

I took mbti test online many times through 10 years since I was in high school.
I'd been always INFP on the test result and I just started to learn how MBTI works only recently (cognitive functions etc..) and it's more and more confusing.
Honestly, I didn't really care what my type was when I didn't delve into MBTI at all.
But since I started learning about it, I developed this attachment to the-supposedly-my-type-INFP.
And now it almost feels like I am trying to find every evidence that can confirm I am INFP, not any other type.
I only took mbti test based on self-report way online before and I recently met this guy who's quite knowledgeable about enneagram and mbti.
And he told me that I am not INFP but ENFP or ENTP. I also thought I was 4w5 in enneagram(I am quite rebellious and independent) but he thought I was 7w8.
Since his remark, I have been really confused about myself and my motives in life.
I usually don't seek attention from others and I zone out in social setting if I don't feel comfortable(usually I don't feel comfortable at all whenever I have to socialize..) or I just don't really like the people around me in the situation.
I am very picky when it comes to making friends. I don't initiate conversation unless someone appears really interesting to me. I only have few friends and my closest friends are all SJ so I feel lonely. Its really difficult for me to be social. But I can be goofy and bubbly around comfortable people.
I never speak about it to others but I have this condescending attitude towards people because I have really high expectations and values of my own..
I always have numerous ideas and possibilities in my mind about everything in my life (especially about my future)
and it feels overwhelming. It almost feels numbing.
I value freedom so much so I'm even afraid of freedom.
I have committment issue. I am afraid of committing to something because I am a perfectionist and I'm afraid of rejection because I basically think I am a weirdo and people don't get me. I am super protective of my own feelings as well. I would not start anything if I'm not going to be perfect
or at least really really good.
I know that INFP has very vivid imagination but I really don't know if I have it as well..
I have many different story lines about my private life (I fantazise about romantic relationship and how I would build and decorate my own house in countryside etc..) but can I imagine fairy tale-like fantasy world in my head?
I don't think so.. I feel like I am every intuitive but not insightful that much.. or at least I don't have the ability to project my feelings well in a verbal way.
I also like to keep things to myself because I often feel I am exploited emotionally and regret talking about myself later if I open up to somebody.
(I think this relates to how I feel like I'm a victim.)

But I also like to explore as well. I think I am quite adventurous. (It is hard for me to be adventurous but I always have this urge to be out there and
meet new awesome people. but if I actually go out and meet people I usually get disappointed.)
I want to try new things and learn new things as well. (But it takes long time for me to start as well and often times I never start.)
It's hard for me to stay in a job for long time as well.

And I can be really bossy and demanding when I'm around people I love. (family and closest friends)
I can be really passive aggressive and always try to control subtle energy or atmosphere in a situation but I would try to do that passively or subtly?(manipulative, you could say)
Honestly, the most confusing thing for me is Fi right now.
I can't even know what is 'feeling' anymore.
I feel like I am 'thinking' 'feeling, emotions' sometimes or in other words, I feel like I am feeling 'my thinking process'.
I think my dominant and auxiliary fuctuons are Fi and Ne, but cannot be sure which one of them is my dominant one. I think it's more difficult to type myself because I am very unhealthy one whichever type I might be.
And I also don't have strong value 'system'. I have my own sense of moral but they are not structured at all I guess.
I am quite sure that I'm NP type but not sure which type I really am.
Ah, and all those fictional characters I deeply related has been all INFPs.. so that's one of the reason why I thought I am INFP.
Can anyone tell anything based on what I've written here..?
Thanks for taking time and reading my rambling..!

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you haven't already, go to a site like Free personality test, type descriptions, relationship and career advice

| 16Personalities
and see the number value for your scores. You could be borderline T/F.

I've always been fascinated by MBTI but I cannot wrap my brain around the specifics (Ni, Ne; Ti, Te- eh, wat? lol)
I'm an INFP and one thing, more than anything, stood out as being VERY contrary to type: "I have this condescending attitude towards people"
I may be completely wrong, though, so definitely do more research.

Our life experiences help shape us, though. I'm, in no way, 100% true to type.

Don't let some random guy get too far into your head though. I know, when I'm forced out into the world, I can sometimes come across as extraverted- but I act that way 1) to keep my husband from interacting with people lol (he's a misunderstood gruff type) 2) to make other people comfortable. I value harmony above everything (most of the time).
So, the mask we wear around other people are all they see and get to base their judgments on. Ask your friends which type you sound more like, if you want better insight. But again, make sure these friends know the real you (how you are at the best and worst of times and everything in between).

Happy searching :)

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Based on what you've written, you seem more Fe/Ti to me. I'm also inclined to say Si/Ne because of how you described the types of fantasies you have. S types can be just as daydreamy as N types, but the type of daydreams they have differ in realistic application. An S may daydream about things that could actually happen, like romantic relationships or decorating their house like you listed, while an N would daydream about impractical things that could never happen. You stated that having so many ideas is overwhelming and numbing which sounds like the description of a type experiencing their inferior function, not a strong one. There is also a high layer of perfectionism, you describe yourself as even being secretly condescending towards the behaviors of other people which is very much common of dominant Si.

You say you can fall into bossy or demanding behavior around people you are close to and try to subtly control the energy of a room which is not Fi behavior, it is Fe. You describe not having an especially strong moral structure which I can't see as being true of any high Fi user and what you describe as your thinking process is very likely the presence of Ti, not Fi.

My advice to you would be to read up on the functions of an ISFJ.