• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or ENFP?

yoursenpai

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know for a fact that I am one of these two as they're essentially the only ones I relate to on a grand scale.

I've taken the 16personalities test, the the Erik Thor test, and the humanmetrics test. All three listed me in varying degrees as ENTP. I'm going to list a few traits of each in a very layman way, (extremely new to typology) and I was wondering if I could get some guesses or maybe some probing questions to help me find an answer as I'm obsessed with what makes people different, and would love to revel in the ego of whichever type I fit best. :)

I've always been an introverted thinker of sorts. I become deeply entrenched in thought, and the entire world essentially shuts down in front of me. I zone out, and nothing matters but the tornado of theories and self imposed questions about whatever I'm obsessed with that week. (Yes, it changes extremely fast). Ive always loved creating and innovating, and debating so seeing terms such as the "innovator", "visionary" and "debater" really made sense to me initially. I constantly find myself as the devils advocate, and sometimes even wonder if I actually have my own set of beliefs or if I'm just here to mentally assassinate my opponents in any way I can.. even if it means believing in things that aren't concrete to me. I've literally went from supporting pure Bolshevik Communism all the way to the Alt Right. I still go back and forth on many political topics. I just want to win at any cost. I feel like somewhat of a smug elitist at times. I've always been the typical ADHD kid who was either debating teachers, making peers laugh in stitches or drooling o the desk, asleep. As a child I was obsessed with statistics.. "How many yards did he throw for last year? What about interceptions?".. I was constantly asking people their shoe size or their height or weight. I actually had a specific height/weight combo as a child that I seen as ideal for when I'm an adult. I just LOVE knowing what makes people different. I'm quite obsessed with it actually. Variations in size, strength, ethnicity, ancestry etc. The most important T trait I THINK I have is that I don't realize how emotionally driven most people can be. I can have 5 minute arguments and emotionally blow up on someone who can't see my point of view, and go get ice cream after and call them sweetie, meanwhile they're usually appalled at how I just treated them, and baffled at how little the argument meant to me.

THESE^^^^ are some reasons I feel I could be ENTP.

However I have some feelsy parts of my personality as well. I was the only kid to cry on my first day of kindergarten. I would become extremely angry in childhood and lash out, though I've seen that drastically drop throughout my teenage years. I always tried my hardest to love people as much as I could. I've always considered myself an artist. I love writing music, poetry, and fiction. I cry at least once in nearly all movies IF, big IF.. I'm emotionally invested.. I love listening to music and crying, and I'm obsessed with aesthetics.

Just hoping to get some clarity from you guys! Thank you.

Satachi

Regarding the emotional aspect of things,

It's worth looking up the difference between Fi and Fe as an tertiary function (not primary/secondary)

yoursenpai

MBTI Type
ENTP
Regarding the emotional aspect of things,

It's worth looking up the difference between Fi and Fe as an tertiary function (not primary/secondary)

Looks into some examples of situations and I fit the ENTP mold closer but can see both sides.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hi! Thanks for posting this.

and would love to revel in the ego of whichever type I fit best. :)

The first thing I'll say is that is bs!! YOU ARE YOU, you dont need some theory to tell you who YOU are. You are much more than any of this, any one type. You are an infinitely varied, original human.

From the perspective of Typology - tricky to tell. The mere fact that you put the section of Thinking above Feeling suggests that you value it more, you enjoy it more, are more comfortable with it, so are probably a Thinker.

What I might question is if youre necessarily an extrovert? Youre sure doing a lot of reflecting, a lot of introspection which generally speaking an extrovert hates to do. Something to consider.

But assuming you are an Extrovert, and if you give me the choice of ENTP of ENFP for you, Id go ENTP.

yoursenpai

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi! Thanks for posting this.

The first thing I'll say is that is bs!! YOU ARE YOU, you dont need some theory to tell you who YOU are. You are much more than any of this, any one type. You are an infinitely varied, original human.

From the perspective of Typology - tricky to tell. The mere fact that you put the section of Thinking above Feeling suggests that you value it more, you enjoy it more, are more comfortable with it, so are probably a Thinker.

What I might question is if youre necessarily an extrovert? Youre sure doing a lot of reflecting, a lot of introspection which generally speaking an extrovert hates to do. Something to consider.

But assuming you are an Extrovert, and if you give me the choice of ENTP of ENFP for you, Id go ENTP.

Thank you! I was more so saying I enjoy holding things over people, and feeling unique. So I wanted to know my MBTI type to use as a tool to help me let people know my inner workings for my personal gain, lol. Im very comfortable being me, however most aren't so comfortable with understanding me, so 4 letter combinations are a bit easier on them.

I usually hit around 55%-65% E over I, but it's obviously close. I definitely feel like more of an introvert now, but I used to constantly charm everyone, and really enjoyed being a charismatic person subconsciously. However, my deep thought overrules that by a long shot now, so I can't really be sure. I definitely believe intelligence and logic are more important than sympathy and morality, but I think most men would probably say the same when alone so eh..