• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don’t know my type! maybe you can help me

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
Hi everyone ..my name is sami from morocco..I know you get this alot! but
I have been testing all kinds of stuff to know my personality but i think i am too flexible to fit in one type
I have been getting mixed up results like (INTP/ISTP/INTJ)-(INTp)
Tbh i can’t relate to any of this :dry:
A little about me:
-I love music [all people do i know] but when i listen to music my imagination become more active, I can hear how instrumentals fit together

-I can’t be systematic about any thing i mean if i want to be i can do it! but my nature is pretty chaotic

-My intuition is weird ..It works only if i don’t think about it which is weird

-I suck at planing..I can predict things that comes from no where[most of the time its wrong] but i don’t feel like i have a plan for my life for the next 10 years or so..By the way i am LOW at Conscientiousness

-My emotions are overwhelming..I don’t talk about my emotions and i don’t express them i feel like if i do that it will show my weakest spots

-I love reading about the unknown and learning about personal development/Psychology and Philosophy

-I daydream sometimes about weird stuff like "What i will do if someone told me to do something i can’t do" or
"How i can prepare myself for certain situation if i was that random guy who i don’t even know"
(Sometimes i wonder why i prepare my self for something that don’t exist in the first place)

-I talk a lot + I am socially withdrawn..I know that’s weird but i talk a lot only if the person whom i social with have the same interests as me..
I believe that i need to develop this even if i don’t seem to be interested in "normal stuff" that people talk about

-Finally..I do think about the past a lot..I mean everyday and for the most part i think about negative stuff like what i should have done but i didn’t

My English is not that good i hope you can understand my ideas
Thanks.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Hi everyone ..my name is sami from morocco..I know you get this alot! but
I have been testing all kinds of stuff to know my personality but i think i am too flexible to fit in one type
I have been getting mixed up results like (INTP/ISTP/INTJ)-(INTp)
Tbh i can’t relate to any of this :dry:
A little about me:
-I love music [all people do i know] but when i listen to music my imagination become more active, I can hear how instrumentals fit together

-I can’t be systematic about any thing i mean if i want to be i can do it! but my nature is pretty chaotic

-I suck at planing..I can predict things that comes from no where[most of the time its wrong] but i don’t feel like i have a plan for my life for the next 10 years or so..By the way i am LOW at Conscientiousness

-My emotions are overwhelming..I don’t talk about my emotions and i don’t express them i feel like if i do that it will show my weakest spots

-I love reading about the unknown and learning about personal development/Psychology and Philosophy

-I daydream sometimes about weird stuff like "What i will do if someone told me to do something i can’t do" or
"How i can prepare myself for certain situation if i was that random guy who i don’t even know"
(Sometimes i wonder why i prepare my self for something that don’t exist in the first place)

-I talk a lot + I am socially withdrawn..I know that’s weird but i talk a lot only if the person whom i social with have the same interests as me..
I believe that i need to develop this even if i don’t seem to be interested in "normal stuff" that people talk about

-Finally..I do think about the past a lot..I mean everyday and for the most part i think about negative stuff like what i should have done but i didn’t

My English is not that good i hope you can understand my ideas
Thanks.

You seem IxxP.

Preference for the chaotic => strong P. Socially and otherwise withdrawn => strong I.

Hard to say if N or S, though you mentioned some N-ish stuff, which could be N, yet you didn't say all that much about those aspects, which could be S.

The stuff about things fitting together with emotions being overwhelming sounds kind of IxTP though, Ti dominant, Fe inferior. Maybe ISTP>INTP.

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
You seem IxxP.

Preference for the chaotic => strong P. Socially and otherwise withdrawn => strong I.

Hard to say if N or S, though you mentioned some N-ish stuff, which could be N, yet you didn't say all that much about those aspects, which could be S.

The stuff about things fitting together with emotions being overwhelming sounds kind of IxTP though, Ti dominant, Fe inferior. Maybe ISTP>INTP.

Thanks for reply ..Yeah i did not mentioned too much details sorry i wanted to make it as short as possible..
Anyways my brother say that i’m an INTJ because i judge people without even knowing them and also mentioned that i love to be always right even if i’m wrong :dry:
and my Se is weak (not paying attention to the facts)

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Thanks for reply ..Yeah i did not mentioned too much details sorry i wanted to make it as short as possible..
Anyways my brother say that i’m an INTJ because i judge people without even knowing them and also mentioned that i love to be always right even if i’m wrong :dry:

No worries! Glad if you found your type.

Satachi

That's not really what Se is about. Attention to facts would be more within the realm of Te + Si / Fe + Si if social information.

Se is more about being within the present moment and focusing on things that can be done within that moment. I will say that the avatar you're using at the moment to me is a very Se based avatar.

But if you're being accused of judging people, then ISFP is more likely to be off the table. (exception: stressed out - will lash out)

I don't really get the impression that INTJs really focus on this sort of stuff.

It's worth bearing in mind, that an ISFP also utilises Ni/Te as well.

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
No worries! Glad if you found your type.

Let’s be honest who doesn't want to be an INTJ :D (The cold master mind who know what will happen next before everyone else) however
I must say that IXXP is more likely to be me ..here’s why

1-I don’t have a clear vision about what i will do with my life..Sure i have goals but its not that big
2-I care about the final results not the process towards my goal
3-My dreams are about reality and the "what if" and what is possible
4-I have a cluttered desk with papers and random things all over the place
5-I believe i’m interested in exploring only what works for me
6-I don’t live in the moment..My mind is absent all the time

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let’s be honest who doesn't want to be an INTJ :D (The cold master mind who know what will happen next before everyone else) however
I must say that IXXP is more likely to be me ..here’s why

1-I don’t have a clear vision about what i will do with my life..Sure i have goals but its not that big
2-I care about the final results not the process towards my goal
3-My dreams are about reality and the "what if" and what is possible
4-I have a cluttered desk with papers and random things all over the place
5-I believe i’m interested in exploring only what works for me
6-I don’t live in the moment..My mind is absent all the time

The bolded do sound like Ne.

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
That's not really what Se is about. Attention to facts would be more within the realm of Te + Si / Fe + Si if social information.

Se is more about being within the present moment and focusing on things that can be done within that moment. I will say that the avatar you're using at the moment to me is a very Se based avatar.

But if you're being accused of judging people, then ISFP is more likely to be off the table. (exception: stressed out - will lash out)

I don't really get the impression that INTJs really focus on this sort of stuff.

It's worth bearing in mind, that an ISFP also utilises Ni/Te as well.

You have a point..That’s the common stereotype out there ..Thanks i will read more about cognitive functions

Satachi

You have a point..That’s the common stereotype out there ..Thanks i will read more about cognitive functions

Yep. There are tons of exceptions out there that make the whole process really confusing at times.
e.g. the organisation stereotype for J (are we talking about external/internal environments? Does it take into account other conditions as ADHD?)

Some stuff are better indicators than others.
"I believe i’m interested in exploring only what works for me"

This answer here for me suggests that you probably wouldn't be a Ti user - since it'd be more focused on creating a general framework that applies to people rather than just yourself only. However, that's speaking as an FJ user with a strong preference for Ti, an ISTP/INTP might come along and disagree with me here.

Satachi

Luminous's suggestion of Ne combined with

-Finally..I do think about the past a lot..I mean everyday and for the most part i think about negative stuff like what i should have done but i didn’t Si orientation

Combined with Te would open the possibility of an INFP. At the same time, I usually get the impression you'd be writing a lot more about yourself if you were an INFP. Anyway, it's definitely worth exploring all these types.

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
Yep. There are tons of exceptions out there that make the whole process really confusing at times.
e.g. the organisation stereotype for J (are we talking about external/internal environments? Does it take into account other conditions as ADHD?)

Some stuff are better indicators than others.
"I believe i’m interested in exploring only what works for me"

This answer here for me suggests that you probably wouldn't be a Ti user - since it'd be more focused on creating a general framework that applies to people rather than just yourself only. However, that's speaking as an FJ user with a strong preference for Ti, an ISTP/INTP might come along and disagree with me here.

I’m glad you mentioned ADHD, A weak working memory can make anyone looks like an intuitive person..
"an FJ user with a strong preference for Ti" maybe..
Well if that helps my interaction style is direct and if i tried to be informative i always end up losing my temper
Also i don’t care much about "the proper thing to do or what’s right"

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
Luminous's suggestion of Ne combined with

-Finally..I do think about the past a lot..I mean everyday and for the most part i think about negative stuff like what i should have done but i didn’t Si orientation

Combined with Te would open the possibility of an INFP. At the same time, I usually get the impression you'd be writing a lot more about yourself if you were an INFP. Anyway, it's definitely worth exploring all these types.

Thank you very much..

Satachi

I’m glad you mentioned ADHD, A weak working memory can make anyone looks like an intuitive person..
"an FJ user with a strong preference for Ti" maybe..
Well if that helps my interaction style is direct and if i tried to be informative i always end up losing my temper
Also i don’t care much about "the proper thing to do or what’s right"

Hahaha sorry, I meant I'm an ISFJ with a preference for Ti. Not saying that you are an ISFJ.
Direct communication styles are more in line with Te.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A little about me:

INFP.

Hi Sami! Thank you for posting this. My instincts when I read it were INFP. Im gonna assume youre introverted. All the potential types you mentioned are introverts. Plus you state that you tend to be socially withdrawn. Also the fact that you are even asking these questions, doing this much reflecting, points to introversion. BUT especially if youre a young guy, this could be a very introspective phase of an extrovert. But lets assume introvert.

Your inner world, your introverted side, seems to be one concerned with emotion. The first thing you talked about was music, one of the most direct ways we have to quickly influence our emotions. This was confirmed when you said 'your emotions are overwhelming', and youre afraid about expressing them as theyll show your weakest spots. This is because you have such a rich, sensitive inner emotional world that you feel you have to protect it, it is easily affected.

You speak about intuition but you say it only works "when you dont think about it". Also youre interested in 'the unknown' and personal development. This points to Extraverted Intuition, youre auxiliary process. Intuition is something you use on the outside, to interact with the world. It makes you flexible, adaptable to change, enjoy novelty, toying with aspects of your self. But you dont use it so comfortably in your internal world.

You say you arent a good planner, low on conscientiousness. This is consistent with INFP. Perceivers prefer to let things unfold and keep things open - judgers want to organise and plan.

Please read up on INFP and see if it resonates with you!

INFP Personality Type - "Dreamer" Profile - Personality Max

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
INFP.

Hi Sami! Thank you for posting this. My instincts when I read it were INFP. Im gonna assume youre introverted. All the potential types you mentioned are introverts. Plus you state that you tend to be socially withdrawn. Also the fact that you are even asking these questions, doing this much reflecting, points to introversion. BUT especially if youre a young guy, this could be a very introspective phase of an extrovert. But lets assume introvert.

Your inner world, your introverted side, seems to be one concerned with emotion. The first thing you talked about was music, one of the most direct ways we have to quickly influence our emotions. This was confirmed when you said 'your emotions are overwhelming', and youre afraid about expressing them as theyll show your weakest spots. This is because you have such a rich, sensitive inner emotional world that you feel you have to protect it, it is easily affected.

You speak about intuition but you say it only works "when you dont think about it". Also youre interested in 'the unknown' and personal development. This points to Extraverted Intuition, youre auxiliary process. Intuition is something you use on the outside, to interact with the world. It makes you flexible, adaptable to change, enjoy novelty, toying with aspects of your self. But you dont use it so comfortably in your internal world.

You say you arent a good planner, low on conscientiousness. This is consistent with INFP. Perceivers prefer to let things unfold and keep things open - judgers want to organise and plan.

Please read up on INFP and see if it resonates with you!

INFP Personality Type - "Dreamer" Profile - Personality Max

Well your instincts is great but no i’m not an INFP
1- I’m not compassionate and to be honest i don’t care about group harmony
2- I know an INFP (a friend of mine) his better then me in some aspects like (good listener, he can understand you without words etc)
3- My sympathy is rather shallow sure i have mercy any one deserve a second chance but you need to take responsibility for your own life

What i did not explain about my "overwhelming emotions" is the insecurity of seeking acceptance from other people

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ok. Firstly, an INFP does not have to care about group harmony, or necessarily be that compassionate. You have Introverted Feeling, which means that your INNER world would be all about feeling. How you express yourself and relate to others may not involve feeling. Similarly not having much sympathy is possible, if your internal feeling is closed off from others.

However if you say you are not INFP, I believe you!

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
Ok. Firstly, an INFP does not have to care about group harmony, or necessarily be that compassionate. You have Introverted Feeling, which means that your INNER world would be all about feeling. How you express yourself and relate to others may not involve feeling. Similarly not having much sympathy is possible, if your internal feeling is closed off from others.

However if you say you are not INFP, I believe you!

haha ..
Maybe you’re right..i need to read more about this thank you for your help

elizabethmarie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm an INFP, and I relate to a lot of your thoughts. I also get lost in my thoughts when I listen to music and find that my imagination becomes even more brilliant when I do.
I also relate so much to your last point, about thinking about the past and how it could have gone differently. I think that an ISFP would be less likely to do so and more likely to pay attention to the present moment. My Si constantly evaluates my past actions and how I could have done them differently, and how different moments could have gone in alternate ways.
I do have a tendency to elaborate and write a lot on posts like these, which is the only difference I see between you and I. But perhaps if you were speaking in person, you'd be much more likely to ramble and to delve into your thoughts?
Oh, and just because your avatar may seem "Se" based doesn't mean it is. Upon first glance, my avatar seems very Se, with all the bright colors. But the heart of why I chose it is because I connect very personally to it. I feel like the cat is representative of who I truly am-magical with lots of unique parts that don't fit together perfectly, but that's what gives me authentic beauty. And the colors in the cats eyes symbolize my colorful thoughts, and how I am constantly seeing beauty and meaning in everything.
so, if you tend to see personal meaning in things, that would be a key trademark of an INFP.
I also read this article, and related so much to it. It might help you decide whether or not you're an INFP: 45 Signs That You Are Truly An INFP At Heart | Thought Catalog