• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don’t know my type! maybe you can help me

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Can someone tell me what is the best type to fit with this traits:
I’m gonna call it X for now
"X is the most misunderstood and mysterious personality. Secretive by nature,obsessive, possessive, jealous, vengeful, cruel, calculating and manipulative
and would rather kill itself than be killed, stubborn and determined to succeed .
Very emotional, it’s just that they’re not as likely to show it..intuitive, probing and very focused on knowing who’s who and what’s what"

INFP!!! :D:D:D This describes my INFP friend so well. Tbh he thinks hes a lot crueler than he really is.

But having read your responses to that test which showed you being off the chart on Introverted Intuition, Im not so sure. I guess INTJs can have a lot of inner emotion?

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
It seems that i can't see or notice some aspects/or blind spots of my personality
So i asked my family and my friends how they see me as a person..
Here’s the answer:

My friend(ENTP): "You’re pretty logical but sometimes i feel like you’re stupid,
Obviously you’re socially awkward and you have a good taste in movies".

My brother(ENTP):
"Veeery closed minded person,Logical ,Direct communication style and not very social" .

Mom(IXXJ):
"You love to research about things and you need to be more social".

Dad(SJ):
"There is no point knowing your personality you already know it".

My new friend(INFP):
"I don’t know you very well but i feel like you're ambitious and diligent
Also you have a good sense of humor".

----------------------------------------------------------
NOTE:I've translated the answers from arabic to english

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Haha. In some ways I agree most with your dad. Not that you already know everything about your personality, but more that you are already yourself. You are not an MBTI type, you are YOU. Learning your type will not change who you are.

It is very interesting to explore tho.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
It seems that i can't see or notice some aspects/or blind spots of my personality
So i asked my family and my friends how they see me as a person..
Here’s the answer:

My friend(ENTP): "You’re pretty logical but sometimes i feel like you’re stupid,
Obviously you’re socially awkward and you have a good taste in movies".

My brother(ENTP):
"Veeery closed minded person,Logical ,Direct communication style and not very social" .

Mom(IXXJ):
"You love to research about things and you need to be more social".

Dad(SJ):
"There is no point knowing your personality you already know it".

My new friend(INFP):
"I don’t know you very well but i feel like you're ambitious and diligent
Also you have a good sense of humor".

----------------------------------------------------------
NOTE:I've translated the answers from arabic to english

Again T is the clearest lol.

I: Social issues (just a stereotype though)
S: ENTP comment on being closed-minded etc (bad stereotype but ENTP would definitely see S that way in terms of negative aspects...)
N: Love of research (could also be I or T)
T: Logical, direct (fits definition, not just stereotype)
J: Ambitious, diligent (stereotype-ish)

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
[MENTION=38647]LoneWolfX[/MENTION]

I also suggest you ask your ENTP brother to look at basic MBTI type descriptions and pick for you. See if his choice makes any more sense.

PS: Additionally I suggest he have a look at the 8 Thinking type descriptions, don't waste time on Feeling types.

Satachi

INFP!!! :D:D:D This describes my INFP friend so well. Tbh he thinks hes a lot crueler than he really is.

But having read your responses to that test which showed you being off the chart on Introverted Intuition, Im not so sure. I guess INTJs can have a lot of inner emotion?

INTJs can have a very deep emotional inner life that is facilitated by their personal values of tertiary Fi. Same goes for ISTJs. Main difference is that these types would prefer not to show case that aspect of themselves, they would prefer to be led through Ni/Si/Te even if at it's core, a lot of things are motivated by Fi.

It's pretty clear that Fi/Te is here now though based on those answers by family. I mean, if an ENTP is accusing you of being close-minded, that sounds like the standard TJ/TP clash when it comes to chatting about stuff that comes across seemingly pointless.

That automatically rules out any TP/FJ types. Like someone said before, it doesn't leave you with that many options.

ISTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ENTJ

ISFP, ESFP, INFP, ENFP

- You don't really identify with INFP that much, which would likely exclude ENFP.
- I don't really get the impression that you are a fellow SJ personally - but this may be a language barrier.

Have a look into your enneagram type. There's usually a pretty high correlation factor.

Also look into the "Inferior functions when stressed" - That's usually a useful indicator as well.

How do you respond when stressed?

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
INTJs can have a very deep emotional inner life that is facilitated by their personal values of tertiary Fi. Same goes for ISTJs. Main difference is that these types would prefer not to show case that aspect of themselves, they would prefer to be led through Ni/Si/Te even if at it's core, a lot of things are motivated by Fi.

Oh yeah (chiming in as self-typed ISTJ), I have the emotional inner life thingy. I don't think I explicitly think of personal values however, it's more just emotional stuff and I prefer to put a detached systematical approach on top of it to interface with it. Through that interface too, I'm able to elaborate on personal values too, just not too directly via the emotions themselves.

Dunno if OP relates to this... let us know.

It's pretty clear that Fi/Te is here now though based on those answers by family. I mean, if an ENTP is accusing you of being close-minded, that sounds like the standard TJ/TP clash when it comes to chatting about stuff that comes across seemingly pointless.

How do you think the TJ/TP clash differs from S/N clash in terms of ENTP accusing someone of closed-mindedness?

I've seen INTJ accuse S types of closed-mindedness (ISTJs as well), so it's not necessarily a TJ/TP clash.

Satachi

How do you think the TJ/TP clash differs from S/N clash in terms of ENTP accusing someone of closed-mindedness?
I've seen INTJ accuse S types of closed-mindedness, so it's not necessarily a TJ/TP clash.

From what I've seen on the forums (INTPcentral in particular) - the clash about being close-minded was less about being illogical/irrational and more about "why waste your time? see the world/entertain a thought".

Me: "What do you think of this ethical dilemma? Which would you choose?"
Two strong ISTJ/ESTJ friends: "The obvious answer is obviously chicken because that scenario would never ever occur in the first place." / "I choose neither."

Obviously this doesn't really apply so much to INTJs, but I was asking that question from the stand point of :
"If you were living in this hypothetical scenario with XYZ rules, which would you chose?" EVEN if it isn't real.

Occasionally, they'll entertain me of course. But that's one of the clashes I have as an ISFJ/Ti user.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
From what I've seen on the forums (INTPcentral in particular) - the clash about being close-minded was less about being illogical/irrational and more about "why waste your time? see the world/entertain a thought".

That sounds S/N clash to me honestly. The N person wanting the S person to play with some unrealistic, ungrounded idea. Do correct me if that's not what you meant.

Obviously this doesn't really apply so much to INTJs

I meant that I've seen INTJ criticise S types in terms of closed-mindedness. Where the INTJ is not a Ti preferring type (and often the S type wouldn't be either, anyhow, it's really unrelated to Ti/Te clash overall).

And yeah I agree that INTJ as an N type will be more likely to entertain such scenarios.

Satachi

That sounds S/N clash to me honestly. The N person wanting the S person to play with some unrealistic, ungrounded idea. Do correct me if that's not what you meant.

It's both really. xNTPs will entertain my thoughts for the sake of idea, xFJs will find the question interesting for themselves. FPs will be more than happy to engage in discussion about personal values. STPs are more likely to be "uh, I guess that's cool"

It's more likely with TJs that I'm going to get this response of shutdown when it comes to talking about ethics. Most just aren't interested in that stuff - but that doesn't obviously apply to everyone since we have plenty of TJs here on psychology based forums.

It could be an N vs S thing. But, eh... that'd basically be talking about inferior Ne (self-typed ISFJ 99% sure / INFJ/INFP alternatives) vs ISTJ/ESTJ friends.

I meant that I've seen INTJ criticise S types.

The whole close-minded discussion of S vs N is different to Te vs Ti.

But really, the whole S vs N thing has always been a battle. MBTI is just biased towards N descriptions in general.

LoneWolfX

Enneagram

That automatically rules out any TP/FJ types. Like someone said before, it doesn't leave you with that many options.

ISTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ENTJ

ISFP, ESFP, INFP, ENFP

- You don't really identify with INFP that much, which would likely exclude ENFP.
- I don't really get the impression that you are a fellow SJ personally - but this may be a language barrier.

Have a look into your enneagram type. There's usually a pretty high correlation factor.

Also look into the "Inferior functions when stressed" - That's usually a useful indicator as well.

How do you respond when stressed?

My type on the enneagram is six..
When I get stressed i lose control..I become impatient, impulsive, unable to focus.
Basically the silliest mistakes freak me out with no concern about the feelings of others..

Satachi

My type on the enneagram is six..
When I get stressed i lose control..I become impatient, impulsive, unable to focus.
Basically the silliest mistakes freak me out with no concern about the feelings of others..

Relevant information

Recognizing the Inferior Function in INTJ - Inferior Se (INTJ)
[ENTJ] The Form of the Inferior Function: Fi - Inferior Fi (ESTJ/ENTJ)
[ISTJ] Recognizing the Inferior Function in ISTJ - Inferior Ne (ISTJ)

[ISFP] Recognizing the Inferior Function in ISFPs - Inferior Te (ISFP/INFP since we discussed those possibilities here)
[INTP] Recognizing the Inferior Function in INTP - Inferior Fe (ISTP/INTP but I don't get that impression with INTP)

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
It's both really. xNTPs will entertain my thoughts for the sake of idea, xFJs will find the question interesting for themselves. FPs will be more than happy to engage in discussion about personal values. STPs are more likely to be "uh, I guess that's cool"

It's more likely with TJs that I'm going to get this response of shutdown when it comes to talking about ethics. Most just aren't interested in that stuff - but that doesn't obviously apply to everyone since we have plenty of TJs here on psychology based forums.

It could be an N vs S thing. But, eh... that'd basically be talking about inferior Ne (self-typed ISFJ 99% sure / INFJ/INFP alternatives) vs ISTJ/ESTJ friends.

The whole close-minded discussion of S vs N is different to Te vs Ti.

But really, the whole S vs N thing has always been a battle. MBTI is just biased towards N descriptions in general.

I forgot to mention that i become Irrational, Stubborn and there is no way to do anything against my will even if it reasonable

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
Relevant information

Recognizing the Inferior Function in INTJ - Inferior Se (INTJ)
[ENTJ] The Form of the Inferior Function: Fi - Inferior Fi (ESTJ/ENTJ)
[ISTJ] Recognizing the Inferior Function in ISTJ - Inferior Ne (ISTJ)

[ISFP] Recognizing the Inferior Function in ISFPs - Inferior Te (ISFP/INFP since we discussed those possibilities here)
[INTP] Recognizing the Inferior Function in INTP - Inferior Fe (ISTP/INTP but I don't get that impression with INTP)

Thank you i will read this and tell you which one fits me best

LoneWolfX

Enneagram
I have found my type! :happy2: ..Thank you guys for helping me
BTW The book "Was That Really Me by Naomi" has changed my whole understanding about the cognitive function and personalities
Big thanks from morocco