• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New to MBTI

Flacido

Hello, I'm new around here and I'm curious to know which 'type' would fit me best. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here's a brief introduction of myself: I'm from Inverurie, a small town in Scotland. I'm 27, majored in anthropology. My areas of interest are psychology, philosophy, politics, literature, music and history (celtic history, folklore etc). I spend most of my time reading and researching on these topics, and I recently found myself leaning more towards personality type theories. Despite being a bit skeptical about them, I find the subject very intriguing. I would say that I'm an introvert, though I like to go out for a drink every once in a while. I play the violin, I enjoy visiting museums, art exhibitions and such. I have no trouble discussing ideas and abstract concepts. I tend to analyze things from various different perspectives before reaching any conclusions, and because of that I often find myself in deep thought. I've never been in a romantic relationship and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon. It seems to me like it would be nothing but a distraction, a waste of time and effort. I would much rather focus on myself and my hobbies. I'd say that I'm pretty independent emotionally and I can't stand being around too many people for extended periods of time.

Shadow Play

INTP seems to be the best fit type for you. I get the impression you're reclusive, more interested in exploring flights of fancy than you are with interacting with the environment, lack much of a concern for investing yourself in interpersonal affairs, and emphasise the importance of multiple perspectives over a singular, all-encompassing perspective.