• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IxxP. Help me find the 2nd and 3rd letter.

NatureChaser

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
If you can also help me find my Enneagram based on this questionnaire. I'm between 9 and 6.

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I'm in my mid-20s, female. I've always been a shy person since my childhood. I was born premature and my mom was overprotective when I was a child. I'm uncomfortable to tell my religious or political belief to strangers so I prefer not to say it. I'm from Indonesia.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
IxxP, ExFP, and ISFJ. But after reading an article on a website I'm sure I'm IxxP. I only need the 2nd and 3rd letter.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
I don't know. Maybe to live it and try everything at least once. Or live the life like you want to live it a.k.a live your dream life

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
Most : Sloth. I tend to be lazy and procrastinating but when I feel like doing something a.k.a being productive I can get so involved in my work that I can skip meals and forgetting the time.
Least : Anger and pride. I'm more often suppresing my anger, and I don't think I have something to be proud about.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

I'm drawn to people who likes to have fun, are confident, outgoing, assertive, love variety on their life, funny, willing to try everything at least once, and likes to travel.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
I don't know honestly.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
Bossy, demanding, controlling, looking down to others, too serious, too critical, judgemental, always make others feel guilty.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
Assertive, brave, outgoing, willing to take risks.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

I experience anger but I suppress it because I'm afraid of someone else's anger. I'm freezing when a person is angry with me.

b) Shame
Maybe my shame is because I'm an adult but still being treated like a child, and I still don't have any job and I'm a bit childlike so it makes matters worse.

c) Fear
I experience it a lot! Maybe it's my most dominant feeling. Fear of what people think about me, fear of rejection, fear of being wrong, fear of.... everything!

d) Love/passion
I don't know how to answer this but.... ummm.... you don't have to say "I love you" everytime to prove your love to others. If you want to prove do it with actions. Because words can lie but actions can't.

e) Conflict
I fear conflict. I have difficulty saying no because of this. I keep people from being angry with me by always doing what they told me to do. I let myself become a doormat. I dislike myself because of this.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
Shyness and my inability to be assertive and expressing my anger. Too many fears.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

Well, I didn't go to college but technically I'm slightly above college age so I answer this question. If l went to college maybe I would've chosen graphic design area because I'm interested in patterns and creating.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
What they might think of me or what I think of them (is this person nice or mean? Will they accept me?)

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I feel discrimination still become the biggest problem. Especially discrimination against Muslims. Some people still accusing Muslims are terrorist when they don't have the proof. They only watch the news about terrorism caused by Muslims, but maybe they never watch or read articles about how Muslims have high respect and tolerance to non Muslims. There are so many Mosques that located right beside Churches, for example, and the leader of the Mosque let the area outside the Mosque become parking area for people who wants to go to Church, or Muslims in Bali being "quiet" to show tolerance to people who are celebrating Nyepi, etc. Some people are just too blind to see those.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Using my phone, browsing internet, listening to music, playing games, neating my house

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I don't have any friend so I'll say with my family. I enjoy being in nature so I often choose places like parks, beaches, etc. Besides nature I enjoy places that shows optical illusion or "3D" paintings (you know, the 2D paintings that looks real like 3D). And I enjoy planetariums too because I love everything about space. I like hang out with many people (but not too many) but I rarely initiate conversation.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Actions, of course. Actions speaks louder than words. I think if someone wants to get other person's trust, they should stop promising that they gonna do something, and actually do it. Nobody wants to hear empty promises. If you're not sure you can commit of doing anything, don't say you gonna do it.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

To be immortal. It doesn't sound like a curse for me. It's a blessing. If I'm immortal I can experience more exciting things in the universe. I can experience when human finally developed technology to detect if aliens really exist, when Earth finally have ring like Saturn, when human move to Titan when the sun swallowed the earth, I can see the view of Milky Way galaxy collide with Andromeda, developed technology to see if multiverse really exist, when human maybe will develope technology to go to other universes, creating time machine.... the possibilities are endless!

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I avoid being bossy, controlling, judgemental and too critical.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
When I first like something I can be obsessed with it and I mostly talk about it in a conversation. But then after a few months it usually fades and I'm gonna find a new interest. But sometimes I can regain my obsession to the thing but then it fades again, especially video games. There are some games I play on and off. Meaning I play it for a few months then stop for another few months then play again for another few months then stop....

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
I'm in the middle. I'm sometimes messy but I can be organized if I feel like being organized. Plans or surprises.... Surprises. Plan is only the "sketch" of what I'm gonna do. The rest are "just wait and see what I'm actually gonna do"

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
Ummmmm..... Comfort for me is being in a place I want to be and enjoying the moments.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I get an Ne impression through the focus on trying new things, which you mention several times. (so, xNxP)

For enneagram, I get an impression of 9 through suppressing anger and avoiding conflict. But you did say fear is a prominent thing for you which would place you somewhere in 5/6/7.

NatureChaser

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I get an Ne impression through the focus on trying new things, which you mention several times. (so, xNxP)

For enneagram, I get an impression of 9 through suppressing anger and avoiding conflict. But you did say fear is a prominent thing for you which would place you somewhere in 5/6/7.

Ok, so Ne is one of my function and it could be dominant or secondary. So how to know if I use Fi or Ti, and when I knew it how to know if my dominant is Fi/Ti or Ne?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
9. 9 is obvious.

Introversion is obvious.

Everything else is up in the air.

Ill try to think of a few questions for you to answer? But Im unfortunately not feeling too creative at the moment which is bothering me- but Ill try to come up with something!

NatureChaser

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Ti is more focused on whether something is true/false, while Fi is more good/bad or right/wrong.

I'm the mix of both I think....

Have you taken this test? It might be helpful. New Version of Forum Personality Test

The test is not really helpful for me. I've taken it three times and I always get ISTJ as the result so I've given up taking the test. I'm definitely not ISTJ.

Edit : I decided to take the test again and get INFP.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Introverted SP, can't determine F or T. Enneagram 6

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An FP or TJ typing makes no sense.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
What they might think of me or what I think of them (is this person nice or mean? Will they accept me?)

This is Fe.

The emphasis on actions and experiences make it very obvious that they are a sensor. The only answer to any part of the questionnaire that vaguely seems like use of Ne is question 15, which reads like a low Ti/Ne user's fascination with it's weak functions, not a stellar or complex usage of them that you would expect from a type who favors those functions more dominantly. Both core 6 and 9 are possible with 9 being most likely and 6 being their probable head fix.

NatureChaser

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
9. 9 is obvious.

Introversion is obvious.

Everything else is up in the air.

Ill try to think of a few questions for you to answer? But Im unfortunately not feeling too creative at the moment which is bothering me- but Ill try to come up with something!

Yes please! Ask me any question

Satachi

I feel like it'd be ISFP or ESFP.
How you've answered the question and the things you have said give me more of a Te vibe rather than a Ti vibe.

ISFP e9 would make a lot of sense. How things have been answered remind me a lot of someone I used to know. This was the only side I didn't see so much about from her.

"c) Fear
I experience it a lot! Maybe it's my most dominant feeling. Fear of what people think about me, fear of rejection, fear of being wrong, fear of.... everything!"

But I suppose that's because revealing that information itself is being way too vulnerable. Ennegram theory of disintegration from 9 to 6.

The person I knew hated critical people, but would also become very critical when stressed out. This created a very negative feedback of self-hatred for being critical in the first place. So overall, easiest solution is to avoid drama if possible.

I don't know if the above resonates with you.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
[MENTION=38402]NatureChaser[/MENTION] Why do you see yourself as P if you think commitment is more important than spontaneity/freedom?

ISFJ - mentioned by someone else - actually does make a lot of sense for you, your fears and limitations you speak of are pretty ISFJish

NatureChaser

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=38402]NatureChaser[/MENTION] Why do you see yourself as P if you think commitment is more important than spontaneity/freedom?

ISFJ - mentioned by someone else - actually does make a lot of sense for you, your fears and limitations you speak of are pretty ISFJish

The number 14? Actually I say it to myself because it's hard for me to make commitment. I used to make promises I'm gonna do something but not doing it and ended up hurting people. And I've been hurt so many times by people who won't keep their promises. So I learned from my mistake now, I won't make commitments if I can't keep it.

As for Enneagram if I'm a 6 I have 7 wing, but if I'm a 9 I don't have wing. I can't identify myself with type 8 and 1, especially 8.

Last edited:

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
The number 14? Actually I say it to myself because it's hard for me to make commitment. I used to make promises I'm gonna do something but not doing it and ended up hurting people. And I've been hurt so many times by people who won't keep their promises. So I learned from my mistake now, I won't make commitments if I can't keep it.

As for Enneagram if I'm a 6 I have 7 wing, but if I'm a 9 I don't have wing. I can't identify myself with type 8 and 1, especially 8.

I still think your approach is J in terms of finding it natural to abide by promises and expect that from others too, if possible. I mean, I'm not trying to say Ps are downright irresponsible, but they are fine with switching things around instead of keeping themselves in one direction determined by the commitment.

If I'm wrong and all the stuff about commitment is just unnatural external pressure for you that you do try to live up to as far as necessary (like I said the P preference doesn't equal being irresponsible) but is not natural beyond that, then sure let us know.

NatureChaser

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I still think your approach is J in terms of finding it natural to abide by promises and expect that from others too, if possible. I mean, I'm not trying to say Ps are downright irresponsible, but they are fine with switching things around instead of keeping themselves in one direction determined by the commitment.

If I'm wrong and all the stuff about commitment is just unnatural external pressure for you that you do try to live up to as far as necessary (like I said the P preference doesn't equal being irresponsible) but is not natural beyond that, then sure let us know.

Well, yeah. J makes more sense to me now after reviewing my behaviour in the past. Yes, I abide to promise and expect others are like that, and even though I'm indecisive and don't like to-do list, but I still have some kind of plan of what I'm gonna do first before doing it, I'm uncomfortable in situations where I'm not prepared, and I don't like doing anything on last minute. So I'm ISFJ 9 with a very low 1 wing. Thank you to everyone who has helped me.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Well, yeah. J makes more sense to me now after reviewing my behaviour in the past. Yes, I abide to promise and expect others are like that, and even though I'm indecisive and don't like to-do list, but I still have some kind of plan of what I'm gonna do first before doing it, I'm uncomfortable in situations where I'm not prepared, and I don't like doing anything on last minute. So I'm ISFJ 9 with a very low 1 wing. Thank you to everyone who has helped me.

Cool, glad if this helped!