• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing help please? Any/all systems

TricoFeathers

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so
My Typology Center order of functions: Fi > Si > Fe > Se > Te = Ne > Ni > Ti

Suggested type: ISFP
Socionics: ESI-Fi, EII-Fi (I've gotten both but ESI is more common)

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is a subjective, intangible sense that motivates a person to attachment or admiration. Love, similarly, is an intangible and subjective experience that could be attachment, affection, a desire to protect, or simply admiration. Love is more important to me than beauty because I believe Love is the natural highest state of consciousness.

2. What are your most important values?
Honesty, self improvement, integrity, humility, following the rules except when they clash directly with my sense of what's moral and what is not.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
My beliefs fall under the 'new age' category but I am not (yet) a deeply spiritual or mindful person. Awakened perhaps but innert. I hold the beliefs I do because of the scientific evidence and the not so scientific subjective experiences of others which makes the most sense with what I believe of God and consciousness.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
Militaries are necessary for the protection of the defenseless but most wars are needless and tragic, attempts at power and money grabs by a select few at the top manipulating the masses through fear. Power is the ability to let go of the ego, to let go of the human impulses of greed, selfishness, anger, resentment, and other such vices and use your skills in life to help as many other people as you can in any way, big or small, to better themselves and perpetuate love and kindness.

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Primarily the true nature of reality, life after death, morality. I am fascinated by the human condition and what makes people do the things they do. I like to try and understand people because I have trouble relating to them, so as much as possible I like to get to the bottom of what makes them tick. I also like discussing morality, religion, philosophy, any subject where opinions may vary wildly to see why others make the choices they do.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Yes. I've struggled with being overweight (not obese) most of my adult life. I love food unfortunately and it is my worst addiction, but fortunately I also discovered I love being active. I feel most at peace outside and in nature, and that has helped me keep myself somewhat under control. I've lost 13 pounds since my birthday last year and have about 25 or so more to go to be average weight for my height and I'm very proud of my progress.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
Necessary evils. I'm messy and have to really commit to discipline in tidying up every day.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Sci-fi, fantasy, mindbenders, reality based documentaries. Urban paranormal, horror, anime, animation. Too many examples to list just a few.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Inspiring stories of human triumph and loss, anxiety, worry, really well written or presented fictional stories. I don't smile a lot, they're usually fleeting. Corny jokes, seeing families or friends playing together, cute animals.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
On my bicycle or jumping rope, roleplaying online in text based and MMO style rpgs.

Evaluation & Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I'm a pushover, a tool, too nice, I ask too many questions, I worry too much, I'm uptight, I have a scary temper. I don't like when I don't like according to my standards for myself or in accordance with my personal truths. I get depressed, anxious, fearful, and have a hard time escaping negative thought loops. I don't always stand up for myself or I go too far and I get frustrated that I can't maintain a baseline of composure as much as I'd like.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
That I'm honest, caring, kind for the sake of kindness and not for what I can get out of it, sincere, detail-oriented, good writer, deep thinker, heartfelt. I really do think that I am a special person. Not unique, of course, but I think I have a perspective and a mindset that when used properly has the capability of helping a lot of people. Complete strangers open up to me, and I'm used to people asking me for advice or venting to me because I'm a good listener and I actually care about them as people. I can be very awkward and shy, but I'm not private and will share any experience or thoughts I have if I think they can help someone.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Nutrition. Staying motivated, ambition, encouragement because I can get very down on my failures without acknowledging my accomplishments. Avoiding being judgmental.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Yes. I get into negative thought loops of fear or self doubt, or imagining the worst case scenario. I'm a glass half empty kind of person much of the time, at least at first, and without encouragement or other people to push me I can get complacent. I am a horrible procrastinator and can put off needed change way too long, until someone lays a little harsh honesty on me.

People & Interactions

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like humor, open mindedness, groundedness, work ethic, and objectivity. I get along or admire STJs and NTJs quite a bit, even when I feel inadequate or completely outclassed mentally. I find myself relating a lot to IXFPs but can get annoyed when they're so wrapped up in their own worldview that they won't consider other points of view. I always click better with introverts than extroverts. I don't like dogmatic people of any kind (religious, political, anything), people who speak in complete abstracts, or people who I consider immoral or amoral, which doesn't have a specific type. I can get frustrated with people who treat logic or science like a religion to the exclusion of all other points of view.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I like someone I can be friends with and who pushes me to be a better person. Someone that makes me laugh and that I can yield to. I much prefer taking on a submissive, more traditional role in a relationship, rather than strict equality or one where I am dominant to the man. I like to be supportive, more of a caregiver, and if the man is self-controlled, a natural top, has his stuff together and ambition, that works for me.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I do have one with special needs so unfortunately I'm a helicoptor parent. I was also bullied a lot in school so I'm sensitive to everything that goes on with my child and protecting my child.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Inward, hurt, perhaps a sense of betrayal, confusion. Outward I will talk to them at length if I can to see why they made the claim and if I can correct them, or ask them to drop it if we can't.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I think that positive change is possible but there is a noisy, aggressive minority going about it in totally the wrong way. We are becoming a very isolated, nihilistic society (Western) and we have some very powerful people playing us against one another. I think that there is inherent good in a great many people that could bring us together but that there are dangerous ideologies, religious and political, that will stop at nothing to prevent it. It's up to us therefore to wake up as many as we can, resist the manipulation and hatred, and continuously work to come together over common interests and beliefs.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
Friends tend to choose me rather than the other way around. I'm very much a loner and social drifter and unless pursued I tend not to keep friends for long. We just drift apart and I spend too much time isolated. I will talk, however, to just about anyone that is kind, respectful, interesting, or accomodating for as long as they'll have me.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
I'm usually very quiet and observant. If I think we have a common interest or I see a polite way into conversation I'll hop in and while I prefer deep conversation I'm equally comfortable with small talk. I'm a friendly and open person when I'm comfortable and few topics are off limits. I keep to myself but that's mostly social awkwardness and irrational fear of rejection. I'm self-conscious but open up quickly.

Satachi

The thing that stood out most to me is the strength of your conviction which would normally align itself with Fi / e1 or the stereotype of ExFJ.

Though the whole self-doubt, thinking aspect of things makes it sound more like Ti which would be ISFJ.

126 or 146 tritypes? Post would seem to suggest the latter more.

Description of tritypes: archetypes with a 1 | Ways of Wisdom

TricoFeathers

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so
[MENTION=38582]Satachi[/MENTION] You are spot on with tritype, order of the 1 and 4 can switch but the 6 is usually first. 6w5, 4w5, 1w9. I am not at all an extrovert, not even a less social one, so I don't see leading with E, though if my auxiliary function were prominent enough I could see how it might work on paper. I've gotten more flexible, open-minded and expansive as I've gotten older. I was imaginative and dreamy as a teenager but also much more rigid, rules obsessed, one could say teacher's pet as well. I still have those tendencies but not to the same degree, and I fit the stereotype of child ESXJs (bossy, telling other kids what was wrong with them, trying to enforce the rules, tattling). With 6 leading I believe it's strongly enhanced Si's influence in my personality structure.

You mention Fi but suggested ISFJ which uses Fe, is it because you see more Ti than Inferior Te?

Satachi

[MENTION=38582]Satachi[/MENTION]
You mention Fi but suggested ISFJ which uses Fe, is it because you see more Ti than Inferior Te?

When I read through your post again, the possibility of being an IxFJ seems a lot higher. I don't know how other types with e6 react, but the whole worst case scenario thinking when stressed is pretty text book ISFJ in nature.

Have a read through some of the INFJ/INTP posters here.

Whenever I do cognitive function tests, I tend to score really highly on Fi since they're all about personal values etc. However, a lot of my values are created by examining things in depth and trying to create a theory that works (Ti), I want to be consistent in my beliefs.

This can sometimes create a weird effect where I believe something, but at the same time, come across as somewhat detached with my belief on an emotional and visceral manner. It's very controlled. Fi users beliefs can come across as more authentic as the reasoning is initially more subconscious. This is similar to the discussion between Ni and Si.

If it's worth anything, the way you analyse does come across as more Ti than Te to me. It's possible that you are underselling yourself when it comes to Ti.
But then again, this is an online post where you are required to explain your reasoning, and doesn't say anything about how you act outside.

TricoFeathers

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I will admit I don't have the strongest understanding of Ti in use. Ti doms intimidate me and I find Te users easier to understand because they're better at providing objective facts or reasoning I can follow. Te presents with less obscurity and seems more sure of itself, which is why I'm very fond of XSTJs and XNTJs. That preference could create a slant in how I type in tests.

"However, a lot of my values are created by examining things in depth and trying to create a theory that works (Ti), I want to be consistent in my beliefs."

This makes sense to me and I do strongly identify with it. I would expand on it to include my beliefs, values, and worldview. I frequently second-guess myself and am in the habit of re-examining myself in light of new theories or information on a fairly regular basis. This is where the 4 in my tritype comes in; while security and a stable environment are my primary concern, second to that is a desire to have a solid concept of myself. Not a label, exactly, but I do need an identity and need to be able to fit that into the bigger picture of the world around me.

One thing I did not cover in my questionnaire is that I DO need to hash out my thoughts and feelings with others to better understand them myself. I can be validation seeking, and while I am not hesitant to challenge the crowd when their values are in conflict with my own, I am still open to changing my mind with a convincing argument. I'm emotionally open and expressive, share easily when prompted, readily offer advice, and wouldn't describe myself as private, though I also don't go out of my way to chase people down. I respond to the level of socialization I'm given and mirror that energy back, so if others are more shy and reserved that's how I will be, or if they are engaging and want to chat or share I respond in kind. I also do the same with emotions and have to really watch the content I'm taking in lest I become too morose, angry, depressed, etc.