12 Last

MBTI
    TeNx
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Default Confusion regarding MBTI test results

I am new to MBTI and must say that I am utterly confused by the various test results.

Typology Central's main test generated the function stack Fi > Ni > Te > Ne = Se > Ti > Fe > Si the second time around (really low scores on Fe and Si), which returned INFP as the most likely type. The first time I had Fi > Ne = Ni > Te > Se >Ti > Fe > Si (INFP).

Dario Nardi's keys2cognition test returned Fi (42.9), Ni (37.6), Ti (36.7), Se (29.7), Te (27.8) with ISFP alongside ESFP and ISTP as the most likely types.

IDRLabs dichotomy test generated ENTJ: E (15%), N (65%), T (60%), J (50%).

IDRLabs functions test also generated ENTJ: Te (100%), Ni (95%), Ne (65%), Fi (57%), Ti (48%), Se (40%), Si (31%), Fe (4%).

The socionics test included visual typing and placed me as ILE-Ne (ENTp), which points to a completely different stack of functions.

I would really appreciate some degree of guidance in this maze of test scores, as TC's and Dario Nardi's tests show a stronger emphasis on Fi, whereas IDRLabs return Te and socionics Ne. What am I to make of that?

I would also appreciate questionnaires that highlight axes distinctions, which would clearly juxtapose the function pairs.

MBTI
    TeNx
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

No takers?

MBTI
    PTSD

You will struggle a lot to find any coherence in MBTI or Socionics at all, but your best bet is to go by description vs test. Socionics and MBTI functions also do not correlate one to one even though they use the same notations, so Te in MBTI and Te in Socionics are different things.
    Shitposter's Union Local 404
    Likes cascadeco, RadicalDoubt liked this post

MBTI
    TeNx
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    You will struggle a lot to find any coherence in MBTI or Socionics at all, but your best bet is to go by description vs test. Socionics and MBTI functions also do not correlate one to one even though they use the same notations, so Te in MBTI and Te in Socionics are different things.
    In other words, it'll take years to wade through the weeds...

How about the Big Five (OCEAN) and its correlation with MBTI?
    Openness 96
    Conscientiousness 18
    Extraversion 74
    Agreeableness 14
    Neuroticism 54

I found a site that generated the following characteristics, which all fit me well:

DOMINEERING TYPE (High E, Low A)
    Domineering Types enjoy exerting power and influence over others and strive to control them without taking their feelings into account. They are seen by others as critical, self-centered, stubborn, and bossy.

IMPULSIVE TYPE (High E, Low C)
    Impulsive Types are exhibitionists who act outrageously in order to attract attention from others. Often rather unconventional, risk- taking, flamboyant, they also need and enjoy social stimulation. They are described by others as talkative, outgoing, changeable, blunt, and outspoken.

DEBONAIR TYPE (High E, High O)
    Debonair Types are intelligent extraverts. In their worldliness they can be quite witty and charming. They have a flair for the dramatic, and can be histrionic and theatrical. People are naturally attracted to debonair types, but if a debonair type dislikes somebody, he or she can swiftly cut that person to the quick. Therefore, this type is generally described with positive terms such as enterprising, eloquent, forward-looking, confident, and sexy, but can also be described as critical, candid, and intense.

SELF-CENTERED TYPE (Low A, Low C)
    Self-Centered Types are indifferent to both conventional rules and the feelings of others, acting instead on their own self-interest. Depending upon their degree of self-centeredness, they may be simply impolite or can be downright abusive. They are described by others with terms such as unorthodox, stubborn, moody, unreliable, inconsiderate, uncooperative, disrespectful, egotistical, and conceited.

INDIVIDUALISTIC TYPE (Low A, High O)
    Individualistic types consider themselves to be unique and more intelligent than most people around them. In extreme cases they might be regarded as eccentric, but in most cases they are perceived by others as complex, well-read, imaginative, and industrious.

FANCIFUL/IMAGINATIVE TYPE (Low C, High O)
    Fanciful/Imaginative Types are unconventional nonconformists who pride themselves on being different from others. They are not so much openly antisocial and disruptive in their behavior as they are fanciful, impractical, and unconcerned about the general welfare of others. They are described by others as complex, imaginative, and critical.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Acording to OCEAN you are ENTP or potential ExxP cleary. Btw it is very normal for dom Ne users to think that they can be every type.

Do similar minds test function.

Jungian Cognitive Functions Test

Note: You can brake the test.
    True Neutral 8 1 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    "There is no intellectualism in faith. Both atheist and theist choose their belief system based on ego and self-preservation." by 2017
    === Challenger Perfectionist Motivator Inventor===

What is a need one little man compere to needs of all of us. Nothin'

MBTI
    TeNx
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    Acording to OCEAN you are ENTP or potential ExxP cleary. Btw it is very normal for dom Ne users to think that they can be every type.

Do similar minds test function.

Jungian Cognitive Functions Test

Note: You can brake the test.
    I broke it ... but your ENTP hypothesis looks rather likely, I must say. I can accept that indicators for Ne and Ni overlap in tests, but there is a remaining problem with Fi and how it fits in with the function stack.

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (50%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (80%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (85%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (95%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (15%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (40%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (20%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (95%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    based on your results your type is likely - unclear

MBTI
    SINE

Quote Originally Posted by raskolnik View Post
    I broke it ... but your ENTP hypothesis looks rather likely, I must say. I can accept that indicators for Ne and Ni overlap in tests, but there is a remaining problem with Fi and how it fits in with the function stack.

your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    It depends on the lifespan of your emotional response.....Fi transcends Fe in terms of growth as a singular function, however, it depends on the coupling between functions. It also depends on how the point of reference (external) affects the object, and the direction from which it's orientated (Outward = Fe, Inward = Fi). ENTP's are very expansive given that Fe may couple with Ne, to initiate one to come up with multiple scenarios in response to a social event. Ti will make sense of the situation/scenario to permit success. Again, you must consider the lifespan of your ideas.....Increased generation of ideas over some time t will inevitably lead to less energy invested per idea (hence short lived). Thus, if Ne >> Ti, then Ti has less time to refine the ideas accordingly. Further, the the frequency of your intuitions helps differentiate Ni from Ne where f(Ni) << f(Ne)...Yet, the magnitude is higher for Ni relative to Ne because the source is broader. Of course, the more dominant the function, the lower the frequency and vice versa.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Quote Originally Posted by raskolnik View Post

It is actually INFP vs INFJ according to results.

But if we use my typing 64 personality system
    You are clearly Ni/Ne-Fi (The Mediator)
    Now you can be: ENFP-A1 INFP-A2 INTJ-T1 ISFP-T2

The least likely type seem to be INFP because in that case you would be TRUE INFP.
    INTJ - T1 is possible but this type is not at all "extrovered" i.e. social at all. (485 )
    So you can be either ENFP-A1 when you force your Ne too much. Reason why on some tests you have grate Te.
    or you can be ISFP-T2 when you force your ter Ni. Forcing of ter Ni you can sound and looks like EJ also.
    True Neutral 8 1 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    "There is no intellectualism in faith. Both atheist and theist choose their belief system based on ego and self-preservation." by 2017
    === Challenger Perfectionist Motivator Inventor===

What is a need one little man compere to needs of all of us. Nothin'

MBTI
    SINE

The least likely type seem to be INFP because in that case you would be TRUE INFP.
    INTJ - T1 is possible but this type is not at all "extrovered" i.e. social at all. (485 )
    So you can be either ENFP-A1 when you force your Ne too much. Reason why on some tests you have grate Te.
    or you can be ISFP-T2 when you force your ter Ni. Forcing of ter Ni you can sound and looks like EJ also.
    I like how Te users are to the point/concise.

MBTI
    TeNx
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Quote Originally Posted by hurl3y4456 View Post
    It depends on the lifespan of your emotional response.....Fi transcends Fe in terms of growth as a singular function, however, it depends on the coupling between functions. It also depends on how the point of reference (external) affects the object, and the direction from which it's orientated (Outward = Fe, Inward = Fi).
    What I am wondering is how that estimation falls in line with the set of shadow functions. How would I, for instance, confuse Fi aux (ENFP) with Fi blind spot/trickster (ENTP)? Or do you view the functions and function stacks from a different theoretical perspective?

I saw a system of that kind here first, where each type breaks into a subset of four, forming 64 in all. It's a very interesting approach, so I do hope more data is assembled in order to better test the underlying theory. As vultology focuses on eye movements and microexpressions, it circumvents interpretive uncertainties relating to thoughts, statements, values, and so on.

What a mystifying moniker, "true INFP." What does it entail?

That type would be the least likely alternative. Beyond their lack of extraversion, I have noticed that INTJs struggle to harmonize thought and expression. Furthermore, whereas I value exactitude, INTJs consistently misuse words and shoehorn concepts, and thereby often run the risk of pushing conversations into their own private universe. This is very far from my approach, not to mention my occasionally florid style in speech and writing.

Between the two, I think the ENFP function stack provides the more accurate alternative, as Si inferior seems likelier than Se aux. With that in mind, I'm sticking with NeFi, but I remain open to alternative explanations.