• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confusion regarding MBTI test results

raskol

I am new to MBTI and must say that I am utterly confused by the various test results.

Typology Central's main test generated the function stack Fi > Ni > Te > Ne = Se > Ti > Fe > Si the second time around (really low scores on Fe and Si), which returned INFP as the most likely type. The first time I had Fi > Ne = Ni > Te > Se >Ti > Fe > Si (INFP).

Dario Nardi's keys2cognition test returned Fi (42.9), Ni (37.6), Ti (36.7), Se (29.7), Te (27.8) with ISFP alongside ESFP and ISTP as the most likely types.

IDRLabs dichotomy test generated ENTJ: E (15%), N (65%), T (60%), J (50%).

IDRLabs functions test also generated ENTJ: Te (100%), Ni (95%), Ne (65%), Fi (57%), Ti (48%), Se (40%), Si (31%), Fe (4%).

The socionics test included visual typing and placed me as ILE-Ne (ENTp), which points to a completely different stack of functions.

I would really appreciate some degree of guidance in this maze of test scores, as TC's and Dario Nardi's tests show a stronger emphasis on Fi, whereas IDRLabs return Te and socionics Ne. What am I to make of that?

I would also appreciate questionnaires that highlight axes distinctions, which would clearly juxtapose the function pairs.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
You will struggle a lot to find any coherence in MBTI or Socionics at all, but your best bet is to go by description vs test. Socionics and MBTI functions also do not correlate one to one even though they use the same notations, so Te in MBTI and Te in Socionics are different things.

raskol

You will struggle a lot to find any coherence in MBTI or Socionics at all, but your best bet is to go by description vs test. Socionics and MBTI functions also do not correlate one to one even though they use the same notations, so Te in MBTI and Te in Socionics are different things.
In other words, it'll take years to wade through the weeds...

How about the Big Five (OCEAN) and its correlation with MBTI?
Openness 96
Conscientiousness 18
Extraversion 74
Agreeableness 14
Neuroticism 54

I found a site that generated the following characteristics, which all fit me well:

DOMINEERING TYPE (High E, Low A)
Domineering Types enjoy exerting power and influence over others and strive to control them without taking their feelings into account. They are seen by others as critical, self-centered, stubborn, and bossy.

IMPULSIVE TYPE (High E, Low C)
Impulsive Types are exhibitionists who act outrageously in order to attract attention from others. Often rather unconventional, risk- taking, flamboyant, they also need and enjoy social stimulation. They are described by others as talkative, outgoing, changeable, blunt, and outspoken.

DEBONAIR TYPE (High E, High O)
Debonair Types are intelligent extraverts. In their worldliness they can be quite witty and charming. They have a flair for the dramatic, and can be histrionic and theatrical. People are naturally attracted to debonair types, but if a debonair type dislikes somebody, he or she can swiftly cut that person to the quick. Therefore, this type is generally described with positive terms such as enterprising, eloquent, forward-looking, confident, and sexy, but can also be described as critical, candid, and intense.

SELF-CENTERED TYPE (Low A, Low C)
Self-Centered Types are indifferent to both conventional rules and the feelings of others, acting instead on their own self-interest. Depending upon their degree of self-centeredness, they may be simply impolite or can be downright abusive. They are described by others with terms such as unorthodox, stubborn, moody, unreliable, inconsiderate, uncooperative, disrespectful, egotistical, and conceited.

INDIVIDUALISTIC TYPE (Low A, High O)
Individualistic types consider themselves to be unique and more intelligent than most people around them. In extreme cases they might be regarded as eccentric, but in most cases they are perceived by others as complex, well-read, imaginative, and industrious.

FANCIFUL/IMAGINATIVE TYPE (Low C, High O)
Fanciful/Imaginative Types are unconventional nonconformists who pride themselves on being different from others. They are not so much openly antisocial and disruptive in their behavior as they are fanciful, impractical, and unconcerned about the general welfare of others. They are described by others as complex, imaginative, and critical.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Acording to OCEAN you are ENTP or potential ExxP cleary. Btw it is very normal for dom Ne users to think that they can be every type.

Do similar minds test function.

Jungian Cognitive Functions Test

Note: You can brake the test.

raskol

Acording to OCEAN you are ENTP or potential ExxP cleary. Btw it is very normal for dom Ne users to think that they can be every type.

Do similar minds test function.

Jungian Cognitive Functions Test

Note: You can brake the test.
I broke it ... but your ENTP hypothesis looks rather likely, I must say. I can accept that indicators for Ne and Ni overlap in tests, but there is a remaining problem with Fi and how it fits in with the function stack.

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (80%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (85%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (95%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (15%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (40%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (20%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (95%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - unclear

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I broke it ... but your ENTP hypothesis looks rather likely, I must say. I can accept that indicators for Ne and Ni overlap in tests, but there is a remaining problem with Fi and how it fits in with the function stack.

your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It depends on the lifespan of your emotional response.....Fi transcends Fe in terms of growth as a singular function, however, it depends on the coupling between functions. It also depends on how the point of reference (external) affects the object, and the direction from which it's orientated (Outward = Fe, Inward = Fi). ENTP's are very expansive given that Fe may couple with Ne, to initiate one to come up with multiple scenarios in response to a social event. Ti will make sense of the situation/scenario to permit success. Again, you must consider the lifespan of your ideas.....Increased generation of ideas over some time t will inevitably lead to less energy invested per idea (hence short lived). Thus, if Ne >> Ti, then Ti has less time to refine the ideas accordingly. Further, the the frequency of your intuitions helps differentiate Ni from Ne where f(Ni) << f(Ne)...Yet, the magnitude is higher for Ni relative to Ne because the source is broader. Of course, the more dominant the function, the lower the frequency and vice versa.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

It is actually INFP vs INFJ according to results.

But if we use my typing 64 personality system
You are clearly Ni/Ne-Fi (The Mediator)
Now you can be: ENFP-A1 INFP-A2 INTJ-T1 ISFP-T2

The least likely type seem to be INFP because in that case you would be TRUE INFP.
INTJ - T1 is possible but this type is not at all "extrovered" i.e. social at all. (485 :D )
So you can be either ENFP-A1 when you force your Ne too much. Reason why on some tests you have grate Te.
or you can be ISFP-T2 when you force your ter Ni. Forcing of ter Ni you can sound and looks like EJ also.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE

The least likely type seem to be INFP because in that case you would be TRUE INFP.
INTJ - T1 is possible but this type is not at all "extrovered" i.e. social at all. (485 :D )
So you can be either ENFP-A1 when you force your Ne too much. Reason why on some tests you have grate Te.
or you can be ISFP-T2 when you force your ter Ni. Forcing of ter Ni you can sound and looks like EJ also.

I like how Te users are to the point/concise.

raskol

It depends on the lifespan of your emotional response.....Fi transcends Fe in terms of growth as a singular function, however, it depends on the coupling between functions. It also depends on how the point of reference (external) affects the object, and the direction from which it's orientated (Outward = Fe, Inward = Fi).
What I am wondering is how that estimation falls in line with the set of shadow functions. How would I, for instance, confuse Fi aux (ENFP) with Fi blind spot/trickster (ENTP)? Or do you view the functions and function stacks from a different theoretical perspective?

I saw a system of that kind here first, where each type breaks into a subset of four, forming 64 in all. It's a very interesting approach, so I do hope more data is assembled in order to better test the underlying theory. As vultology focuses on eye movements and microexpressions, it circumvents interpretive uncertainties relating to thoughts, statements, values, and so on.

What a mystifying moniker, "true INFP." What does it entail?

That type would be the least likely alternative. Beyond their lack of extraversion, I have noticed that INTJs struggle to harmonize thought and expression. Furthermore, whereas I value exactitude, INTJs consistently misuse words and shoehorn concepts, and thereby often run the risk of pushing conversations into their own private universe. This is very far from my approach, not to mention my occasionally florid style in speech and writing.

Between the two, I think the ENFP function stack provides the more accurate alternative, as Si inferior seems likelier than Se aux. With that in mind, I'm sticking with NeFi, but I remain open to alternative explanations.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I saw a system of that kind here first, where each type breaks into a subset of four, forming 64 in all. It's a very interesting approach, so I do hope more data is assembled in order to better test the underlying theory. As vultology focuses on eye movements and microexpressions, it circumvents interpretive uncertainties relating to thoughts, statements, values, and so on.

It is not a theory. It is how somebody use his function. Thing that somebody use Ni and Te function it doesn't mean that he is INTJ. Somebody instead 2nd function can use 3rd function and each of function can be overused.

What a mystifying moniker, "true INFP." What does it entail?

Stereotyped.

That type would be the least likely alternative. Beyond their lack of extraversion, I have noticed that INTJs struggle to harmonize thought and expression. Furthermore, whereas I value exactitude, INTJs consistently misuse words and shoehorn concepts, and thereby often run the risk of pushing conversations into their own private universe. This is very far from my approach, not to mention my occasionally florid style in speech and writing.

"extroverted" (with "" ) means social since as you know extroversion on function is not same thing as being social! But INTJ-T1 are very very "introvered" so nope for you. :)

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Just from your interaction style on this forum, Id go ENTP. Most probably ENTX. Id go ENTP over ENTJ because you seem to love debate for its own sake. Your posts often include multiple rebuttals to different people and unconnected points.
To find your MBTI type Id suggest going back to the source - Gifts Differing and Jung's Psychological types. Establish your dominant function and work from there.

raskol

Just from your interaction style on this forum, Id go ENTP. Most probably ENTX. Id go ENTP over ENTJ because you seem to love debate for its own sake. Your posts often include multiple rebuttals to different people and unconnected points.
ENTP was my first impression when I considered the dichotomies, before looking into the function stack or axes. What set me apart from this conclusion was my interaction with ENTPs, as I noticed their lack of bite. Reading up on the type, especially as presented in socionics (ILE), I had to abandon ship.

Contrary to what you may think, I despise debate for debate's sake. I view typology through the prism of applicability, and am doing what I can to test various hypotheses relating to how types will act and react. In other words, what you and others are encountering is a trial-and-error approach on my behalf. That fluid, nonlinear style of reasoning is two-tiered, partly gauging the topic itself and how it relates to typological applicability (learning), partly testing the interlocutor's reactions to ascertain likeliness of type (typing). At times, I present an opposite stance to spark a challenge, so as to have lingering doubts picked apart by an insightful and knowledgeable member. And if there are none around, then that's equally good to know.

Furthermore, where I am looking to spot trends and patterns, ILE types will investigate how things work in order to impact change or develop in-depth understanding. I recently had a discussion about socionics with an ILE, who would dismiss aspects of socionics that didn't make sense to him. I could care less, as a theory is never fully predictive, and I'll be more than satisfied if it's correct 80% of the time.

Then there's also the aspect pertaining to romantic style, which, for me, is positively reflected in the xNxJ "victim/pseudo-aggressor" category, as opposed to the "childlike/infantile" xNxP.

To find your MBTI type Id suggest going back to the source - Gifts Differing and Jung's Psychological types. Establish your dominant function and work from there.
I have largely moved away from MBTI and will mainly stick to socionics from now on.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENTP was my first impression when I considered the dichotomies, before looking into the function stack or axes. What set me apart from this conclusion was my interaction with ENTPs, as I noticed their lack of bite. Reading up on the type, especially as presented in socionics (ILE), I had to abandon ship.

Contrary to what you may think, I despise debate for debate's sake. I view typology through the prism of applicability, and am doing what I can to test various hypotheses relating to how types will act and react. In other words, what you and others are encountering is a trial-and-error approach on my behalf. That fluid, nonlinear style of reasoning is two-tiered, partly gauging the topic itself and how it relates to typological applicability (learning), partly testing the interlocutor's reactions to ascertain likeliness of type (typing). At times, I present an opposite stance to spark a challenge, so as to have lingering doubts picked apart by an insightful and knowledgeable member. And if there are none around, then that's equally good to know.

Furthermore, where I am looking to spot trends and patterns, ILE types will investigate how things work in order to impact change or develop in-depth understanding. I recently had a discussion about socionics with an ILE, who would dismiss aspects of socionics that didn't make sense to him. I could care less, as a theory is never fully predictive, and I'll be more than satisfied if it's correct 80% of the time.

Then there's also the aspect pertaining to romantic style, which, for me, is positively reflected in the xNxJ "victim/pseudo-aggressor" category, as opposed to the "childlike/infantile" xNxP.

I have largely moved away from MBTI and will mainly stick to socionics from now on.

I mean... youre debating me right now! Seems like you cant get enough :p

But seriously, that was only my impression. If ENTP doesnt feel right for you, then forget it.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
[MENTION=38622]raskol[/MENTION] try ENTJ and LIE-Ni (which could seem a tiny bit ENTPish)

Second option: ESTJ and LSE (surprising or not, it's just that I realised your way of reasoning & writing strongly reminds me of someone who self-types as that)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I did a read on you months ago and the result was INTJ. I can provide reasoning at a later point in time when search function comes online./

raskol

I did a read on you months ago and the result was INTJ. I can provide reasoning at a later point in time when search function comes online./
I'm intrigued. And you can provide the reasoning without sourcing it, so that we don't allow server maintenance to be our bane.

We could also VC on TypoC's discord server, if you want a firsthand impression of how I interact.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm intrigued. And you can provide the reasoning without sourcing it, so that we don't allow server maintenance to be our bane.

We could also VC on TypoC's discord server, if you want a firsthand impression of how I interact.

Well, the reasoning is that I looked through some of your posts and saw that your first lines of your posts were often Ni-themed, and the second was often Te-themed.

(second guess would be INFJ)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Actually, the exact read I got from you was INTJ with secondary types of INFJ and ESFJ*. Could or could not be anything to that, but if it's correct it would be a rather nuanced read. I can't usually pick the secondary types.

*and INTP, but INTP is basically always a secondary type for INTJ.

"Secondary types" is my own theory, inspired by Mal's personality inventory. What it says is that while we have a primary type which is our "personality", we also balance this with the cognitive functions of other types (and thus, for instance, all functions are partly conscious and partly unconscious).

raskol

Actually, the exact read I got from you was INTJ with secondary types of INFJ and ESFJ*. Could or could not be anything to that, but if it's correct it would be a rather nuanced read. I can't usually pick the secondary types.
Interestingly enough, LIE/ENTj would have ESE/ESFj as its social adaptation block (social implementation) and IEI/INFp as its creative self-affirmation block (comfort zone) in socionics Model G. Those two types would tie in better with your estimation.

"Secondary types" is my own theory, inspired by Mal's personality inventory. What it says is that while we have a primary type which is our "personality", we also balance this with the cognitive functions of other types (and thus, for instance, all functions are partly conscious and partly unconscious).
Join the TypoC discord server and talk to me about it via VC. You type by voice, so take the opportunity to explore that aspect.