• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can someone confirm my type please?

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
Hello, newbie here. So, i was typed INTP. I searched a lot and was dubious between INTP and ENTP. Actually I'm more inclined to INTP but i'm not sure yet. Even having searched everywhere in internet and still being more inclined to INTP i still have doubt about. Because ENTP and INTP is almost the same type, but with the functions ordered differently, it's hard to tell.

So i would be thankful if someone could give me some help here.

1-what makes you angry?

Not being respected. Being Pressured. I'm really quiet but i will get upset if i feel that i'm being ignored too. Also be given orders or advice that don't make sense to me while the person talks like it's the most important thing to do.

The most common is people saying that i need to be more outgoing where i clearly prefer to be with myself most of the time. I enjoy people but i like to decide when i'll talk to them.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I dislike people who lack kindness and are overly close minded. I dislike when people see things in black and white. But the kind of people i dislike more are the ones who just look for fun without care for they purpose on life. It's not like they are inferior. But it's frustrating to see someone who seeks nothing for their lives.

3-do you like animals? why?
Of course! I think sometimes that i like animals more than human hahah. I just love them, can't explain why.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?

I think it's the resilience of my mother and the cuteness of my girlfriend.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
Hmm. Many things. Lack of ability in conversations. Being too much in my head. Being a little insensitive with my girlfriend sometimes.

And the fact that i can't make my mind about my this topic. It's getting stressful.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?

I like when i feel beautiful. But i only dress nice sometimes, i can overlook my appearance because i don't like putting effort every time to feel this way. I'do rather be comfortable.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?

When i'm doing something that matters to me i'll prefer to stand out. If i'm doing some normal things it will depend on my mood in the moment, i can be very funny but my standard is to detach and observe.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
Watching random videos on youtube, playing videogame, reading about things i like.

9-what makes you feel secure?
Getting my money every month. Doing something for my future.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?

Yes, our relation is really free. The only times i get upset is when she asks too much for attention and i just want to do my own things. But i give her attention anyways.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
I love music. I love books. I love my girlfriend and my mother. I also love learning.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
About music, my band, work, this kind of things. Recently i have been thinking a lot in MBTI. It's like i had discovered my type but is always some loose node somewhere.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I think i have become a lot more social. It's not like i'm social. But i'm more smart with being around people. I also learned to accept and admire more their individuality.

1. How do you respond to clingy people?
I like to be kind to everyone.

2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be?
Well i'm pretty satisfied with the ocean color hahah. But if i could do it(but then back at the original color) it would be black.
Because it would be frightening.

3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
Nope. Not my kind of thing.

4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
Shy. Generally i'll have some problems. My girl had to take the initiative. I actually learned a lot with her about having attitude.

5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience?

The person who wrote these questions has a thing with nudism probably.Not judging lol, it's okay but i couldn't help but find it funny.

6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?
I would prefer to ask for an autograph. For Muhammad Ali.

7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it?
Shave my bear and my hair and i'm already another person. And stopped using only black.

8. Name a city that best represents your personality.
I can't respond to that because i can't discern the cities's personalities. But i find London quite interesting. Want to visit it someday.

Well i think that's it. I hope i gave enough information so you guys can analyze me.

Thanks for yours attentions =)

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
Just adding some question to make it easier to type me:

1. if you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?

A dragon.

2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (yes, written by a 26 year old )

One of the most influential musicians in my country, i think.

3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be?

How does this help to type me? Lol, i think tomato, i like tomatoes.

4. What is your favorite beverage?
I like coffee juice, beer and brandy with honey

5. You're having a cookout... what do you make?

Steak.

6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned?

Some principles of analytic geometry.

7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best?

There is some interesting researches happening out there. I believe that in the future we'll be able to insert robotic parts into our body that would increase our performance. Research in the midst of health that would make us more resistant to diseases of all kinds. I like to think of a future where humankind have more control about our reality.

8. You're on death row... what's your last meal?

Chicken stroganoff.

Satachi

You come across as more of an ENTP than INTP from what I've seen on the forums.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting stuff, thanks for posting. Right off the bat, I think youre an introvert. In your first answer you say "Im really quiet". I could analyse further but sometimes the obvious conclusion is the right one.

As regards your other functions - tricky to tell! I would normally start by observing how you interact with others, to determine your Extraverted process. Cant do that here obviously. Youve given a bit of insight into your introverted process - Id actually lean towards Introverted Feeling not thinking, which would make you INFP. It annoys you when people try to get you to do something which doesnt feel right. You dont like people who seem to lack purpose - are not being driven by inner feelings. Youre worried about being insensitive to your girlfriend. You say you like to stand out when its something that "matters to you", ie when your introverted feeling is engaged. You speak a lot about music, which engages the emotions.

However you also say one of the biggest things you value in others is kindness. Also you say you like to be kind to everyone. That suggest Extraverted Feeling. Which could point to INFJ.

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
You come across as more of an ENTP than INTP from what I've seen on the forums.

Yep, my girlfriend told me i was more ENTP. Even i being so quiet i look more like an ambivert. I love to talk about ideas and possibilities with people, but talking nonsense stuff tires me i also love to joke on everything.

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
Interesting stuff, thanks for posting. Right off the bat, I think youre an introvert. In your first answer you say "Im really quiet". I could analyse further but sometimes the obvious conclusion is the right one.

As regards your other functions - tricky to tell! I would normally start by observing how you interact with others, to determine your Extraverted process. Cant do that here obviously. Youve given a bit of insight into your introverted process - Id actually lean towards Introverted Feeling not thinking, which would make you INFP. It annoys you when people try to get you to do something which doesnt feel right. You dont like people who seem to lack purpose - are not being driven by inner feelings. Youre worried about being insensitive to your girlfriend. You say you like to stand out when its something that "matters to you", ie when your introverted feeling is engaged. You speak a lot about music, which engages the emotions.

However you also say one of the biggest things you value in others is kindness. Also you say you like to be kind to everyone. That suggest Extraverted Feeling. Which could point to INFJ.

I have alredy searched about INFP. I used to think i could be this type but then realized i'm not. I don't trust in emotions when making decisions. When i need to make an important decision i'm used to gather every type of information, ask everyone about the topics and then rationalize about those informations.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm... you do give a lot of Feeling responses. You talk a couple times about kindness, you say you like to 'feel beautiful', you get upset if you feel ignored, you talk about your love of music. But if you say you make decisions based on thought alone - I guess youre a thinker!

Assuming youre an intuitive, which seems likely since you enjoy introspecting and exploring ideas, and communicating them, youd be INTP or INTJ. Its hard for me to guage which since I havent seen you interact with others, and thus I dont know your Extraverted process. What you have described could be Introverted Intuition or Thinking. (Or even Feeling :alttongue:).

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
Hmm... you do give a lot of Feeling responses. You talk a couple times about kindness, you say you like to 'feel beautiful', you get upset if you feel ignored, you talk about your love of music. But if you say you make decisions based on thought alone - I guess youre a thinker!

Assuming youre an intuitive, which seems likely since you enjoy introspecting and exploring ideas, and communicating them, youd be INTP or INTJ. Its hard for me to guage which since I havent seen you interact with others, and thus I dont know your Extraverted process. What you have described could be Introverted Intuition or Thinking. (Or even Feeling :alttongue:).

Yep i did it. But i also did give some thinking responses as well.

Like, before you mentioned my response of what makes me angry.

You confused the answer, i didn't write that i don't like to being pressured to do things i don't feel right. Instead i wrote i don't like to being pressured to do things that doesn't makes sense to me. Also i said that i don't like people who lack kindness and are overly close minded. This makes the types of people who thinks that knows everything and try to be right every time by force.

Also i couldn't give any city a personality,(Question 8) because i can't see logical sense into these kind of questions. Other example are the "If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be?" question. It's hard to make those types of connections because i don't perceive fruits and cities as animated things and i can`t come with anything in my mind because i never thought of those kinds of things before. INFPs that i talked before said that they liked to give names to inanimate objects on their houses. Some also thought if those objects have feeling or soul.
That`s cute but i can`t think like this.

I like to be kind to everyone because it doesn't makes sense to treat someone bad. Also it's inefficient because it makes people get away. It closes the chances of having a important relationship. And i don't like to be closed to possibilities.

About peoples who lack purpose on life. Well, i think that people who don`t look to improve themselves are just useless i can`t see a reason to respect and admire someone that don`t care for anything. But anyways, i`ll be kind to that person, because i`ll always be open for opportunities.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
All good points! Perhaps Im projecting my general preference for Feeling types onto you. My insight into the mind of an INTP or INTJ is not that strong. Altho Im analytical I dont systemise in my thought patterns as a true NT would do.

Morpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
I was reading about the development of INTP children and asked my mom about my traits as a kid.

She said that i:

- Was extremely reserved.
- Rarely showed any emotion.
- Sounded like an adult in the body of a child.
- Didn't care much about my own hygiene.
- I actually helped her sometimes solving problems when she got back to finish high school. And it was when I was in fourth grade.