• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Interpret my sociotype results?

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now... can I upload my results... View attachment SociotypeReport.pdf
It's the PDF file of my results from the aim to know site.

My MBTI is INFP 96% Introverted; 59% Intuitive*; 76% Feeling*; 71% Prospecting; 61% Assertive (* are numbers that dropped over the years between testing- my Introverted shot up a great deal though lol)

My Enneagram is 9w1 2w1 7w6
My Archetype is: Wise Old Man 72% Persona: Wise Old Man 69%

I've never heard about sociotypes until today. It's most interesting. I'm happy I found this forum :hi:

**EDIT**
What's the meaning of the break-down: Your Sociotype: SEI-1Fe SiFe (ISFp)
(-Fe ISFp... also, I tried to copy/paste the symbols from the sociotype test site. The symbols became SiFe.)
How do I learn my subtype as for our Profiles here? My subtype is ISFp, right? There wasn't an option for that here..

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No bites, eh? :laugh:
I was mostly curious about my results as compared to others. Most are fairly high in Sensing, whereas I'm zero in Sensing and low at Intuition... Most SEI's are low in Peripheral, whereas I'm pretty high. I'm Descending instead of Ascending; Tactical instead of Strategic; Obstinate instead of Yielding; Left instead of Right (by some margin); Positivist instead of Negativist.

With all of those differences, how am I still an SEI lol (though the description does fit).

:Si::Fe:

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The results are a bit messy here, the test was just going for the "nearest fit." Despite showing a preference for intuition, your highest function preference according to this test was for Si. Your lowest function score was also Te, which matches with the fact that ISFp is a Te polR type (meaning that Te is the function they are weakest in. Obviously, this is no perfect fit, as it is just a test, but your results don't really deviate that much except for the obvious preference for Fi over Fe (which actually doesn't fall too far off of the Fe distribution for your average ISFp). If you aren't keen on this result, your Se score is also fairly low (which in some way could relate to ISFp being Se ignoring), which may indicated EII (INFj) as a secondary possibility.

Since most of the good socionics resources aren't really in english, I find that the socionics wiki page is often recommended as a good resource. This link might also be useful.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you, so much, for the reply.
The link you shared was the primary one I used. I saw a lot of people commenting with percentages and such so I hunted down other tests which is where I found the break down at the aim to know site.
Both were in agreement that I'm SEI, and as I said, the description is pretty on-the-nose.

Ohhh, so that's my subtype -1Fe? All these abbreviations are killing me rofl.
Here's a screen shot of my initial results from the site you linked...
Sociotype.jpg

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
[MENTION=38590]Zhaylin[/MENTION]

That result looks like you could be either one of these three types: SEI, IEI, EII in this order. I know the test also lists IEE as a top pick, but I would exclude that one. If you were to switch the Ni and Si results, you'd be basically standard IEI. For SEI the only problem is Se being way lower than Ne.

I'm not sure why you said you are zero in Sensing, since Si was your highest, strongest result.

The results are a bit messy here, the test was just going for the "nearest fit." Despite showing a preference for intuition, your highest function preference according to this test was for Si. Your lowest function score was also Te, which matches with the fact that ISFp is a Te polR type (meaning that Te is the function they are weakest in. Obviously, this is no perfect fit, as it is just a test, but your results don't really deviate that much except for the obvious preference for Fi over Fe (which actually doesn't fall too far off of the Fe distribution for your average ISFp). If you aren't keen on this result, your Se score is also fairly low (which in some way could relate to ISFp being Se ignoring), which may indicated EII (INFj) as a secondary possibility.

Since most of the good socionics resources aren't really in english, I find that the socionics wiki page is often recommended as a good resource. This link might also be useful.

As for the bolded, afaik, it just means that Fi is stronger than Fe. Strength != preference in that system. According to the system, as far as I understand, all IxFx types have stronger Fi than Fe. This to me seems pretty logical.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for your explanation. All the abbreviations are still killing and confusing me though lol

In the PDF, where it says "Your profile of socionics traits (dichotomies) is:" it has me at c .2 for Intuition and nothing at all in Sensing. That's why I said I'm zero in sensing.

View attachment 21102

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Thank you for your explanation. All the abbreviations are still killing and confusing me though lol

In the PDF, where it says "Your profile of socionics traits (dichotomies) is:" it has me at c .2 for Intuition and nothing at all in Sensing. That's why I said I'm zero in sensing.

View attachment 21102

Yeah that part has you at INFP/IEI, the dichotomies. But if you go to the socionics elements chart, you can see your introverted Sensing is high as fuck. :)

True that the crazy low Se then cancels it out enough and you end up at N for the dichotomies... so yeah your results are inconclusive beyond the above.

How about reading type profiles? SEI/IEI/EII ones

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been trying to find a reliable site. Sociotype.com is "forbidden" and wont load. Anyone else having problems with the site?

raskol

I've been trying to find a reliable site. Sociotype.com is "forbidden" and wont load. Anyone else having problems with the site?
Same here. I'm assuming the site is undergoing maintenance and that they haven't bothered with the optics.

Try this test in the interim. I also found this graph to be helpful when it comes to identifying traits.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for the links, Raskolnik.
I ended up finding a site World Socionics: IEI - Intuitive Ethical Integrator and I've read it off and on throughout the day.
I definitely seem more like an EII, though I can dip into IEI as well. Very little rang true with SEI

It's been a chaotic day. Our water and plumbing froze (no easy way to even use the toilet lol) and then I had to go shopping only to find my car battery was completely dead... finally got it charged and completed my chores... But now, the space heater isn't keeping my room warm enough for me (64 degrees. I like it at 77 when I'm sedentary!), so I'm going to go crawl under the covers lol.

I'll take a deep dive into the links once the temps come up a little more lol. Until then, I'll be hiding in bed :rotfl:

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
I ended up finding a site World Socionics: IEI - Intuitive Ethical Integrator and I've read it off and on throughout the day.
I definitely seem more like an EII, though I can dip into IEI as well. Very little rang true with SEI

It's been a chaotic day. Our water and plumbing froze (no easy way to even use the toilet lol) and then I had to go shopping only to find my car battery was completely dead... finally got it charged and completed my chores... But now, the space heater isn't keeping my room warm enough for me (64 degrees. I like it at 77 when I'm sedentary!), so I'm going to go crawl under the covers lol.

I'll take a deep dive into the links once the temps come up a little more lol. Until then, I'll be hiding in bed :rotfl:

You can try and load sociotype.com at archive.org but I checked now and the site is back. (I did have problems with it too.)

What seems more like EII for you?

raskol

You're welcome.

Socionics is tricky as the functions are not identical to MBTI's definitions. The type also involves second-, third-, and fourth-tier dichotomies, which aren't translatable into MBTI.

O_O With that in mind, I shouldn't complain about outdoor temperatures in the low 40s.

Do that.

You can try and load sociotype.com at archive.org but I checked now and the site is back. (I did have problems with it too.)
It's up again, but slow.

On a side note, my main issue with the site's extended test is the last part, where you end up picking between facial stills. I don't see any support for this at all. In vultology, it is imperative to capture movement and microexpressions, which isn't the case here. This way, I get ILE-1Ne (Alpha) while the basic test, without the photos, returns either LIE-0 or ILI-1Te (Gamma).

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
It's up again, but slow.

On a side note, my main issue with the site's extended test is the last part, where you end up picking between facial stills. I don't see any support for this at all. In vultology, it is imperative to capture movement and microexpressions, which isn't the case here. This way, I get ILE-1Ne (Alpha) while the basic test, without the photos, returns either LIE-0 or ILI-1Te (Gamma).

Yeah seems slow. As for the tests, the shorter test is the same as the extended, just without the photos?

raskol

As for the tests, the shorter test is the same as the extended, just without the photos?
The questions are almost the same, but they are gauged differently. I just find the photos at the end, covering 13% of the test, a bizarre turn that isn't supported by their own theory. And since the quadrants relate to age, alpha being the most childlike and delta the most (potentially) sagacious, it strikes me as weird that my gamma result is reduced to alpha because of the photos in the extended test.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
The questions are almost the same, but they are gauged differently. I just find the photos at the end, covering 13% of the test, a bizarre turn that isn't supported by their own theory. And since the quadrants relate to age, alpha being the most childlike and delta the most (potentially) sagacious, it strikes me as weird that my gamma result is reduced to alpha because of the photos in the extended test.

Ah ok about the test. I guess there is no perfect test tho' lol

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
RaskolNik, :BangHead: It took your test last night after all. I was so cold, I kept falling asleep rofl. I came out as SLI :thelook:
While a lot of it applies to me: the need for peace, the gentle disposition etc, I am NOT a thinker or tinkerer. My house is, literally, falling apart around me and I have given up trying to fix it. Every time I do, I just make it worse lol.

Yes, this cold has been brutal. It was -10 night before last and not much better last night. I always wish for the cold and the snow and when it arrives my [adult] kids grumble at me for cursing us. :D No. I want it to be between 28-33 degrees. Anything colder, it doesn't usually snow and the pipes freeze. Anything warmer, and it doesn't snow much. We need a proper WINTER. COLD weather for 3 months and snow for 2. Anything less, and the bugs are unbearable for the rest of the year!

Kitten, here a VERY long break down down of EII and me. I should have just copied the entire site and bolded what applied the most lol. It would have been much easier :rofl1:

Taken from World Socionics: EII - Ethical Intuitive Integrator *whew*

I finally found the Spoiler tag though. I have no idea how I kept missing it. Now, if only I could figure out how to cross out text....
Going to go test the site now. And yes, the photo part of the test was strange lol.

**EDIT**
Just loaded... and, yes, it is very slow lol
When I pulled up EII, I had to triple check to make sure I was reading the right thing :rofl1:

"...Likes to advise, to mentor, to educate others but only within his circle. [um, no, If I'm able, I'll help anyone who needs it or asks] ... can discuss various imagery, symbols, dreams. [please, NO symbolism or complex imagery. It is WAY outside my wheelhouse. In fact, I came to an understanding with my subconscience way back when I was a pre-teen. I told my dreams: "If you want me to learn or know something, tell it to me straight or I WILL NOT get it."]"

"...Feels unsatisfied and frustrated with work that is monotonous and routine." I friggin LOVE the mundane. A perfect day, is one just like all the others in which I game (grinders), binge shows, study or research what I want and in which I do absolutely nothing else lol]

"...Distrustful..." Not me, at all. I tend to trust all things until I am given a reason not to. Then I trust the info is true to the other and tolerate or humor it. (My hubby, for instance, is big on conspiracies. I have heard him go on and on and on about chemtrails and HARP etc. He's, literally, the smartest man I've ever known with both a PhD and MD, so I trust what he says... until he goes way off on a tangent and then I just humor him. He IS smarter than me, after all.)

"Poorly tolerates loneliness, needs attention of people who are close with him." Just no. Please. Leave me alone. We can have date night a few times a week, but that's it. Okay? I, literally, have no other friends other than my hubby. I enjoy my solitude.

"Does not forgive betrayal and treachery... Easily takes offense..." I've yet to come across anything I WON'T forgive. It is exceptionally difficult to offend me.

"...Dresses with the taste, frequently follows fashion." I couldn't care less about fashion.

"... Rarely smiles. His gaze seems guarded... Sits straight and seldom gesticulates in conversation." I am always smiling in a way that effects my eyes (people know when you're faking it). I sit on one foot with the knee, of my other leg, drawn to my chest. I intensely dislike it, but I speak with my hands. The more passionate I am about a topic, the more wildly my hands fly rofl.

If I had read this page first (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/EII-INFj/subtypes/) I would not have identified with it.

raskol

RaskolNik, :BangHead: It took your test last night after all. I was so cold, I kept falling asleep rofl. I came out as SLI :thelook:
While a lot of it applies to me: the need for peace, the gentle disposition etc, I am NOT a thinker or tinkerer. My house is, literally, falling apart around me and I have given up trying to fix it. Every time I do, I just make it worse lol.
SLI? Lol. You must have given outright mercurial answers to end up with a result that placed you alongside Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal. Your mentality doesn't quite exude that prize-fighter persona.

If I had read this page first (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/EII-INFj/subtypes/) I would not have identified with it.
Whereas INFP seems rather certain at this point, your personality doesn't necessarily translate as EII in socionics. I actually think IEI would be a better fit, or SEI.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
rofl. I will definitely have to retake the test :D

Perhaps it's because I've found my "truth". I know the future of mankind, as a whole and I'm at peace. I'm no longer driven and searching. Such has been the case for 19 years. I live in the present. I don't dwell on the past (my memory is terrible), but neither do I try to divine the future (outside of the immediate). There are just too many variables and too many unknowns.
So, when I read about IEI's, a lot of it rings as true... but, almost exclusively, true to who I was before I found my answers.

Yet, even though my truth is the only true truth :)rofl1:), I accept it's not the path for everyone and I'm completely okay with that. "Live and let live" and "it is what it is" are the credo's which lead my life.

BAH! I just went to the sociotype page and MUCH of that rings true for who I am today:
"IEIs naturally conceptualize the people around them in terms of the emotional energy that they give off, and the way that they interact with the mood and energy around them. They are often especially sensitive to how others around them react to their own energy.

IEIs are generally very sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around them. They are often good at recognizing and influencing the moods of others, and at communicating the depth of their feelings or experiences. They tend to be adept at reading the reactions that others have to them and are often quick to make use of emotional cues in interaction. They frequently feel a need to look after the mood of those around them
..."

and... "most IEIs pay little attention to their surroundings and may persist in disorganized or disheveled living conditions. They may have varyingly large or minimal appreciation for aesthetic concerns, and may range from squalor to a mildly obsessive zeal with regards to their aesthetic preferences."

Why can't the two pages be in better agreement lol. Is it because the sociotype page is more like "cliff notes"?

World Socionics: IEI - Intuitive Ethical Integrator
http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/

Heh... I am no longer Chuck Norris :whistling: I just re-took the test and came out as....
EII
That test is much more difficult than many others I've taken.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think Socionics tests for the same dichotomies as MBTI. I myself get varying results. But SEI should translate to ISFP in MBTI tests. Your intuition is low at 59%, so I think ISFP is a possibility for your MBTI type. You could also be IxFP or INFP.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for the reply :)
Going by the descriptions, it seems I'm almost equal parts EII/IEI... perhaps 60/40.
It's all, still, very confusing to me lol- but it's been incredibly interesting nonetheless.

96% INTROVERTED
59% INTUITIVE
76% FEELING
71% PROSPECTING
61% ASSERTIVE

Those are my 16personalities results. My Intuition used to be much higher (I recently retook the test/originally took it several years ago).