• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type me:)

lareine

How old are you? What's your gender? Give us a general description of yourself:

I'm 16 and a female. I'm a little shy when I first meet with someone and it's not a "match". I am SO stubborn, it might be the death of me. I care about being a good person and acting according to my values though it doesn't always went like I planned because I am the worst with emotions. Yup, I feel them but definitely can't express them. Sometimes my pride and stubbornness also can stop me.

Describe your upbringing. Did it have any kind of religious or structured influence? How did you respond to it?

I am from Turkey and a lot of people here are muslim like my family. My parents aren't very religious and they didn't push me to do anything, except for my grandma. I was very faithful when I was little special thanks to my grandma's pressure. Now, I don't see myself in a religion and I honestly don't care that much. I respect everyone no matter what their religion are. I just regret believing in something blindly so I guess I can say that I am observing right now.

What do you do as a job or as a career (if you have one)? Do you like it? Why or why not?

I am still a student but I got some ideas about what I want to do. It's not certain but I want to be a journalist. I would love to investigate all different kinds of things and I really hope I can affect someone in somewhere with the things I write.

If you had to spend an entire weekend by yourself, how would you feel? Would you feel lonely or refreshed?

Well... that's actually what I do most of my weekends. It's no problem, I got Netflix and there are so many things to explore. I am mad about human psychology so I can spend all day on my computer; exploring, watching stuff, looking at mbti typings of my favorite characters... It wouldn't make me feel lonely or refreshed, just usual.

What is your relation with movement and your surroundings? For instance do you prefer a sport or outdoors event? If an outdoors event what is it? And why? If not what type of activities do you tend to engage in?

I am good at running, gymnastics but that's all. Volleyball, basketball or anything... No, thanks. I like indoor activities better. If I'm alone I usually watch series or movies or just surfing on the internet. If I'm with my friends I love card and board games. I also LOVE Twister.

How curious are you? Do you have more ideas then you can execute? What are your curiosities about? What are your ideas about - is it environmental or conceptual, and can you please elaborate?

I guess I can say I'm curious but definitely not about school lessons. I like conspiracy theories, psychology, different languages. I'm into Latin right now. I love learning new things even if they are useless but I hate learning in school, I don't want to learn because it's compulsory. I actually can't learn too, I get bored and can't focus.

Would you enjoy taking on a leadership position? Do you think you would be good at it? What would your leadership style be?

I enjoy it but I am too... timid(?) for it but when I get the chance I think I am pretty good doing it. I think about people's needs and supply them. I can see when there is something wrong and I can fix it, find a way to make everyone work and be useful. I am also very responsible for example, we had to take a commercial for our English lesson and I was the director, cameraman, script writer and I did all the edits. I didn't want anyone else to do them because I didn't think they were able to do it perfectly. OK, that sounds a little bad. Also, I might get irritated when people do slack job when I told them so many times how to do it or when people don't take things seriously. I got good and bad qualities but I get work done.

Are you artistic? If yes, describe your art? If you are not particular artistic but can appreciate art please likewise describe what forums of art you enjoy. Please explain your answer.

I used to take acting classes and now I'm in school theatre. I'm not the best but I know I can be if I could just grow more confidence. I do appreciate all kind of art. I love listening to music, singing even though it sounds bad, watching movies, reading, writing, going to art museums and the list goes on.

What's your opinion about the past, present, and future? How do you deal with them?

Past is past. You can't change the mistakes you made so it's stupid to think about it and wallow but I do like to remember happy memories. It's a great conversation material, it always makes me laugh and also miss those times. Not in a melancholic way though.

As for present, I think it's a wonderful thing to live like there's no tomorrow. I do that sometimes but I do think about it's consequences too though it never stops me from doing it. For example, spending all my money or not studying... I know it's not gonna end well buuut...

I love to think about future but it also scares me; not knowing what's going to happen, going to college and leaving my friends, life after college... It's exciting but scary.

How do you act when others request your help to do something (anything)? If you would decide to help them, why would you do so?

If the person is my close friend then yes, I would love to help. If I'm not close with them then... I don't know I could politely say I can't, show another way for them to get help or do it unwillingly.

If I decide to help it probably because it's something I can or something won't matter but that's for people that I am not close with. As for my close friends, I would try my hardest to do the thing they wanted me to, I would feel bad if that thing affected me but still do it.

Do you need logical consistency in your life?

Sometimes, yes. Like I said, I love theories and stuff but I would need to see the reasoning behind the idea. I would only think about it for a long time if it's consistent enough for me. If it's not I would say nope and move on. Though there are things I don't %100 believe in but still think about. I just wonder if they could be true.

How important is efficiency and productivity to you?

Not on school work but especially if I am in charge of this thing, it's very important. I need to care about it to be efficient, otherwise I would do it last minute.

Do you control others, even if indirectly? How and why do you do that?

I don't think I do. I give my friends advice but I don't control their lifes. Though I might get into action if they are doing something extremely stupid. I wouldn't want to see them hurt.

What are your hobbies? Why do you like them?

I love watching movies, it's fun to see new and different characters, worlds, stories. I think it gives you more perspective. I love writing when something is off. I can't always talk about my feelings to my friends but when I write them down it just makes it better.

What is your learning style? What kind of learning environments do you struggle with most? Why do you like/struggle with these learning styles? Do you prefer classes involving memorization, logic, creativity, or your physical senses?

I don't know for sure but I guess it's visual. I hate noisy places, I can't focus and I need to read everything hundred times. I am very good at memorization and I like classes involving creativity.

How good are you at strategizing? Do you easily break up projects into manageable tasks? Or do you have a tendency to wing projects and improvise as you go?

Actually, both. If it's something really important I prepare everything before but if it's not a big deal I just wing it and improvise as I go.

What's important to you and why?

Being able to do thing I want to.

Being satisfied with what I did and being the best. I just feel super irritated when someone is better than me, especially if it's something I am good at.

What are your aspirations?

I want to be successful and I want to be known. I want to make a change in world. Anything for the good, I guess. I want to be the best in whatever I do. I want to inspire people.

What are your fears? What makes you uncomfortable? What do you hate? Why?

I fear from failure, not being good enough. I fear that no one can see my potential but me. Briefly, I guess I fear that I will never be satisfied from myself and my life. I want people to see that I am good. I am really afraid that I can't do anything or everything I want in life.

How attached are you to reality? Do you daydream often, or do you pay attention to what's around you? If you do daydream, are you aware of your surroundings while you do so?

I do daydream but I only do that when I am alone or when I am listening to music. I am aware of my surroundings while doing it.

Imagine you are alone in a blank, empty room. There is nothing for you to do and no one to talk to. What do you think about?

I would think about how to get out.

How long do you take to make an important decision? And do you change your mind once you've made it?

Honestly, a million years. I always do a list of pros and cons. Think about it in every way but sometimes it's not enough. I change my mind a lot and when I made the decision I always think what would happen if I chose the other option.

How long do you take to process your emotions? How important are emotions in your life?

I try to ignore them if it's going to affect me bad. When I have a crush on someone I think about it's possibility to happen and if there is a big possibility I think about it's pros and cons. It can take some time if it's serious but I'm very persistent so I usually get rid of them.

Emotions are important but not my priority. I am good at managing them. I can stay calm even if I burn with rage. Though there are tons of sarcastic comments I will make, I will keep my cool. If we come to love, it's a wonderful thing but I can't really express it well. It's hard to say "I love you" to my friends or my boyfriend. Though I like when they express their love to me... Not a fan of hugs but I like the kind of love you show with your actions. As for sadness, I hate crying in public. I don't want anyone to see me cry, it's human but it makes me look weak. I want to seem strong and independent. I even hate when my friends defend me while I can, it makes me look like I need to be protected.

Do you ever catch yourself agreeing with others just to appease them and keep the conversation going? How often? Why?

Yup, sorry not sorry. Only if they are not close to me though and of course if it's not a big deal. If the person is my close frined then I would tell them that I don't think like that and maybe try to make them think like me... and if the thing is a big deal whether it be some stranger or my best friend, I would jump off a cliff to show I am right.

Do you break rules often? Do you think authority should be challenged, or that they know better? If you do break rules, why would you?

I don't, not becuse authority knows better but I don't want to be punished. It needs to really bug me or it shouldn't be a big deal if I am going to break a rule.

What is the ideal life, in your opinion?

The one you do everything without other people's opinions and the one you accomplish everything you wanted to.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Hey [MENTION=38583]lareine[/MENTION]

I liked your answers. :) For a dichotomy analysis, I think you are introverted and very strong on the P and T preferences. I would also think S for you over N, but I see this one less clearly.

As for reasoning. Introverted because you are fine being alone all weekend, you sounded like it's your natural approach. Your extraverted side is there too though in your leadership abilities. Strong P preference because you say "I change my mind a lot and when I made the decision I always think what would happen if I chose the other option". Also "I think it's a wonderful thing to live like there's no tomorrow. I do that sometimes but I do think about it's consequences too though it never stops me from doing it". And the thing about doing things last minute lol. Strong T preference because emotions are not the most natural for you, and just in general you seem to have pretty objective, impersonal reasonings in your answers. And then the S, you are pretty grounded seeming for the most part, but you do express interest in some N-ish things (new "useless" things, conspiracy theories, etc...).

So, would you see yourself in ISTP? Do you see Ti, Se, Ni, Fe making sense for you? I wasn't sure on Se/Ni for you as you had some Ne-ish things with the focus on new things, but I wouldn't exclude the option at this point that that's from some Se or Ni approach instead. Also the thing about your agreeing with others just for keeping harmony, seemed Fe.

Then Ti would be here: "I love theories and stuff but I would need to see the reasoning behind the idea. I would only think about it for a long time if it's consistent enough for me. If it's not I would say nope and move on. Though there are things I don't %100 believe in but still think about. I just wonder if they could be true." And again this is an example where I would see Ne-ish stuff for you, your wondering if the stuff could be true. But "reasoning behind the idea" seems very standard Ti, literally the definition of it in MBTI as far as I'm aware.

Do note that I subscribe to the notion that we have all 8 functions, I could pick out some Te, Si, Fi bits too, but the point is which ones make sense more for you (says /me who didn't quite decide on their own function preferences yet either lol).

lareine

Thank you [MENTION=38431]kittenke[/MENTION] for your time!
I am really indecisive about my cognitive functions but I guess I have Si instead of Se.
I did look at ISTP descriptions even though I can relate at some points, mostly I didn't see myself as an ISTP. From what I read, ISTP is an act first, think later type which I really am not. I always think before I do something, sometimes overthink it.Even if I do something bad, you can be sure I thought about it and know the consequences. Also in every description there is this thing about "getting their hands dirty". I am more comfortable with the thinking side of the projects, I can lead people to get their hand dirty but that's all from me.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Thank you [MENTION=38431]kittenke[/MENTION] for your time!
I am really indecisive about my cognitive functions but I guess I have Si instead of Se.
I did look at ISTP descriptions even though I can relate at some points, mostly I didn't see myself as an ISTP. From what I read, ISTP is an act first, think later type which I really am not. I always think before I do something, sometimes overthink it.Even if I do something bad, you can be sure I thought about it and know the consequences. Also in every description there is this thing about "getting their hands dirty". I am more comfortable with the thinking side of the projects, I can lead people to get their hand dirty but that's all from me.

Np :) ISTPs as introverts and especially with their Ti can definitely think before leaping into action. Act first think later is ESTP, not ISTP. But how about INTP if you don't feel Sensing enough? Also since you said you are more comfortable with the thinking side of projects.

lareine

I found a site and it explains the types very well, ISTP description on this site was relatable. I will keep researching but I've never thought I could be an ISTP, so thanks again.
Also INTP is one of my options. I think you are really good at this thing :)
Whenever I read a different type's description I always go like "Ooh, that's so me!" so it will be hard for me to see which one I am...

Satachi

My initial gut feeling having been around MBTI for a while is IxFP with Te idealisation focus. That'd normally suggest some kind of unhappiness/stress factor though. It's possible to be an ExFP though given your age.

The thing that stands out most is that I believe you are an F, I don't really see Fe but more Fi (Granted, upbringing encourages Fe style relationship), it'd explain the small amounts of self-guilt for not acting in accordance to how you should be acting. With regards to Ti and Te, I see more of the latter than the former. Regardless, it's clear that you aren't really an FJ user.

It's possible that you are a T type. In which case you'd be better off looking at the xxTJ types. However, your history suggests that it's unlikely going to be ESTJ leaving only ISTJ/INTJ/ENTJ. I don't really believe that though.

Whenever I read a different type's description I always go like "Ooh, that's so me!" so it will be hard for me to see which one I am...
This type of response strengthens my belief in xxFP typing.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
I found a site and it explains the types very well, ISTP description on this site was relatable. I will keep researching but I've never thought I could be an ISTP, so thanks again.
Also INTP is one of my options. I think you are really good at this thing :)

No problem, glad to help. :) I think it's perfectly normal if it takes a while to find the best fitting type, I'm sure you'll get there.