• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI TYPE?

brend168

I have taken numerous tests and have done my research on the different cognitive functions, I just would like some feedback from some actual people/ So, for starters, I would describe myself as a very shy person. I am nervous around others and care about what they think. However, around friends I am very silly and witty. I have noticed that I get very lonely and almost have this desire to really connect with others and meet new people. I want people to connect with on a deeper level. I try to forget my past because I am ashamed of who I used to be. This can be hard however, because I have a great memory. I love to be inside my head. I like just introspecting, mostly about people and relationships that I wish I had or a vision that I wish I had. I have emotional anchors too, like certain movies or songs just really help me express my feelings. As I mentioned earlier, I do like forming relationships I am just super shy. I love giving life advice and it is probably one of my favorite things to do. I just like helping others through issues and giving my point of view. I daydream, but it is always the same things, just with more depth. Like I said, I have certain emotional anchors. I am 18 and have never been in a relationship, which I know is kind of crazy. Nonetheless, I still care very much about my appearance and would like to be noticed. What else...I am pretty routine like, but I also cannot wait for my future. I have this strong vision of who I want to be and how I want to impact the world. It is funny because I can be so passionate and forward thinking but at the same time I am also sometimes pessimistic and can joke about myself in an almost degrading silly way. In public I am turbulent and shy. Around friends, like I said, I can be pretty silly and fun. At home I vent my feelings to my parents, but can also get rather angry at my family and take out some things on them. I feel almost fake in the way I act in public vs at home. I have a strong desire to travel and meet new people! I have this idealistic vision of life and I know that everything is temporary right now. I just feel very different and like an old soul compared to others my age. If it helps, academics are very important to me and I am wanting to be an officer in the military. I have this vision of leading over and helping others and also of traveling the world. Overall, I would describe myself as shy, introspective, an old soul, passionate, sometimes pessimistic, a good listener, helpful, love discussing theory and the future, and academic. I apologize if this does not make sense, I just wanted to describe myself in the most detailed but still simplest way possible. I would love your feedback guys and it would be most appreciated!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you looked at INFP descriptions? From what you write, that is what I would guess.

I for sure. Could go either way on N or S. F, I think. And could be J. Much of what you write comes off as Fi, with Si.

brend168

I have tested more as INFJ. I just care way too much about others opinions and validation for Fi, I think. I could see more INFJ, but I am not sure.

ABluePlanetian

I think you are an INFJ. It's just the vibe. INFPs I know are kind of analytical in their thinking and have more social justice vibe, like a hero-matyr who know something right or wrong immediately from their heart. INFJs reflected about what they have done, how they have lived and survived, and they learned from the mistakes and other people's mistakes too, that's why they are more observant; they want to help others because they know what would happen if someone did a certain action that they have observed and known the consequences.

INFPs have strong sense of morality that they hold high and are very opinionated, very honourable, that's why they help and teach others; but INFJs help people because they want them not to step to the same old bitter stories they have experienced before, "It's such a sad thing to see the same incidents happened and happening again without anyone realizing mistakes and makes an actual change starting from themselves. Just like karma which we needs to put an end."

I think you have rather high Fe. Or maybe you are ENFJ with introverted tendencies, but I think INFJ is more likely. I think you are not INFP, sorry.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OP, this blerb alone sounds pretty Si (if not scattered with bits and pieces of Fi as well). If you're really set on Fe > Fi, I think that ISFJ would be far more likely than INFJ. Still, I think that INFP might be a good fit for you. Have you ever looked into the enneagram theory? The social instinct may relate to you attention to people's opinions and that desire to receive validation. Soc desires to some degree to find a place that it belongs, whether it be with society or specific people it finds to be important to them while maintaining the Fi desire to connect with others at a deep level and be a relatively pleasant person.

ABluePlanetian

I don't know about other details, but I know you are not INFP. The INFP in my mind is usually Miyazaki Hayao, and you did not give me that strict, no-nonsense INFP vibe. Don't pay much intention to your routine or organizing, it just depends on people's nature and mood to organize their surroundings or not.

You have Si, I admit. But in Socionics they have IEI INFp (which I think you are) using Ni, Fe, Si and Te, and I think you fit into the description of INFp in Socionics.

Since INFp in Socionics sometimes (I don't say always, since there are variations) correlated with INFJ in MBTI. I think you are INFJ in MBTI. Although MBTI says functions of INFJ is Ni-Fe-Ti-Se, but to be honest, I never wanted to pay much about these functions when applied the observation on myself.

It depends on you. I have an ISFJ friend and she never mentioned about grand visions like you. If you think the greatest motive that drives you is vision and imagination, about a perfect or idealised self and relationship, then you are INFJ, or not, you are an ISFJ.

My ISFJ friend in university, studying sciences and also enjoyed arts and creative works in her free time. She draws quiet well and have this sort of graceful plus artistic flair going around her. She is interested in karma theory and herself a very spiritual person, eating vegetables mostly instead of meat for her spiritual belief and health.

But when I ask her if she wanted to pull out any grand ideas or making herself an entrepreneur from her artwork, she replied, "Not really, Art to me is my first love. I want to keep it in the purest form." And "I only wanted to make everyone around me happy. Even if my boyfriend someday decides to leave me (they have far-distance relationship), all I wanted is to see him smile happily."