• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Type... Good question.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
(You guys are hi-jacking the thread, you know.)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
One more time...
Skyward,

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
Do you try to be careful how you say things so you don't hurt people's feelings?
(more careful than other people you know)
Please answer this question.
Use as many words as you can, so I can get a complete enough answer to discern what I'm after.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Skyward decided to respond to my question in a PM.
It's my opinion that he's probably an ISFP.

My work here is done.
Dziekuje.gif

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Your work is, but mine doesn't seem to be. To muddy the waters a little, I seem to consistantly score INFP on tests. I know I know they don't mean type, but self reflection also seems to fit with it on some level. Every test I take seems to give me INFP at some point.

http://www.metarasa.com/resources/mmdi/milg

I think this one is more conducive than other tests since it relates my answers to people of the same type rather than make an assumption of type based off of answer. The three types there are also three that I strongly weigh together.

Another thing is that goal is different too. I remember only a couple months ago feeling like an INFP ( I have thought of myself before that being an ISFP but that little run didn't last long).

A thing that seems to fit with INFP is where a lot of different places say that INFPs search for meaning. Maybe my search for meaning is now studying MBTI and myself and others, and to reach that end I use Se a lot more to relate to people? :huh:

Like stated before the ESTJ shadow might be kicked in in some way making a hybrid?

I need to go to the library some time.

I mean ISFP seems right but don't mind me while I fight it...
ISFPs are the type that resists constraint the most... :doh:

If I am one, I hate being a Smart S...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Oh never mind, reading around in the SP boards cleared a lot of things up. All I need to do is get over my N conniption :doh:
It really resounded when I saw CC's response to the ISTP Love thread:

Wow, you remind me of my ex to a T. Except you are a girl, and you are a bit more willing to admit and understand what, and why you are. My ex liked to think he was much more theoretically inclined than he actually was. That got tediously frustrating.

And I guess Fis are very 'true to self' type people... time to go practice!

( I find that I do seem to have an idea bent, but its more based off of practical ideas and they don't even need to be hands on but I dont like ideas if they aren't practical. "What's the use!" I say. )

Now MY work -here- is done. Time to practice! . . . :cry:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Reading your posts together was amusing.
This type stuff can be confusing.
I think it's important to point out to you that your type isn't something you learn about so that then you can go and act out your type.
I know everyone has different reasons for learning, but you're not supposed to let the words define you.
You are a unique individual who is more complex than just what your MBTI is.
There's a lot more to a person's personality than just that.
For me, understanding my type helped me accept myself because I was too self-critical, and it helped me understand how to get along better with others, which I was not doing very well before.

ISFP are wonderful, helpful, loving, diplomatic, fun people.
Just be yourself!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'm more apt to think ISTP, actually. Granted I'd rather discuss practical theory than go make a bomb (Stereotype ISTP behavior) but that is probably being Enneagram 6 and safety conscious.

Another thing is that music seems to push me into an N thing and people push me into an S. Its just speculation, I really don't know since things just seem to flip around and all over. I cant tell what would be my 'stronger' functions though S seems stronger than N, but N always revolts using the F as a way to gain power in the state that is my head. I seem to have an ST or NF in power, flipping between ISTP and INFP, or it could all be reversed and then switching beteen ISFP and INTP :huh:

My science teacher said that scientists always prove things by trying to disprove them and it seems that I'm ISxP in some way. N seems to just fit a lot of the S together, like cement and bricks, I just cant use N first very well unless I'm zoned out to music with no external distractions.
Another thing is, that if S isn't stimulated (Say I was in a comfortable room with just

And a part of me wants to appreciate everything, which doesn't come naturally, but the stubborn F insists (There are exceptions, if the F feels uncomfortable with something it'll be hard for me to do it so T makes reasons)

(Posts on this thread are just stream of consciousness since it gives people the best insight into my head :yes:)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm afraid the INTPs are the only ones who will be able to make use of that, :newwink:
but there are plenty of them around who love to poke and probe in people's minds,
so perhaps you will get some feedback from one of them.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'll say that since your notions of what type you are shift seemingly hourly, and never take hold, you're probably not INTP or ISTP or INTJ, unless you're twelve years old. The last time there was a thread like this, the eventual consensus was ISFP.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Here's a new piece of info.

For the past forever I think Ive been misinterpreting F for N.

Also Ive had a strong wall in my heart saying 'Nuh uh! Youre totally no S!' every time I looked at an S type. And I feel energized when I just let go, allowing F to run, when that happens N has a stronger conviction

One thing to watch out for is your shadow.

I think he had it right right there. A thing I really found out recently was that at school I feel tired and bleah. Probably trying to use my bad T all the time?

Anywho, when I leave school after a few hours just drooling at the computer screen I feel energized and more 'myself' . . . addiction probably and thats scary.

Just gotta find a better release I guess.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
To all the people who helped:

Thanks a big bunch!

I really learned a lot about my inner self from this, and here is my conclusion:

From reading the SP board, I relate to more things said about ISFPs than about INFPs, I have ideals and a somewhat strong N but S comes first. I find that I can use both, with myself I have N enough that making sure my inner self is expressed right is important (Could be F working though)

I find that I am much more Extroverted, yet feel less 'me' when S is running and when N is working more I am more withdrawn and more focused on self expression. This really fits with the title of 'Artist' than an ISFP gets.

Another is that in the INFP threads they talk about being able to brood on outcomes for hours. I may not be a 'gotta do some now!!' SP but I'm not a 'super brooder' like an N is (Though I love your ideas, working or no. I love the tangents me and my INxP friend go on in phone conversations. I dont make up ideas for the sake of the ideas, but I do make them up if the idea itself is fun.

All I need to do is make my F (Or my inferior T?) to change 'S is for Stupid' into 'S is for Stupendous' and then I'm good :D (I just have the INFP label to make myself feel better :blush:)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
ISFPs happen to be wonderful people!
You have nothing to be ashamed of!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Its less about being ashamed and more about wondering who I actually am inside. From what Ive learned through this thread Ive been able to look at myself through a somewhat clearer lens. Either way, I'm more interested in my type only because once I find myself out I'll have a good base for understanding functions and how to spot them.

ENFP feels a lot like what I am, since they're adaptable. I'm with people most of my waking hours. Either online or with them at their place. The only thing that doesn't apply to me is the hyper alertness. I could be just unaware of my alertness. But I find my best decisions aren't thought about too much because all it does is send me into a thought cycle, constantly rolling in the dryer until I somehow find a different thought to occupy me.

Another thing is that I'm interested in how I react to people and how people react to me. I love knowing what people think about me either by gossip or other, and have a need to express who I am through actions and senses, although its just so I feel that my inner is out, I don't have anything to prove to people.

An example is looking for a new guitar. I was surfing the Guitar Center (Evil Empire as my guitar teacher calls it) website and looks for guitars. I took the feel of the guitars into account more than the color or shape, although I already knew a shape I was looking for since its feel was much more me than others.

I saw the black Dean Vendetta and fell in love with it. ( http://http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Vendetta-1-Electric-Guitar-512914-i1147926.gc ) It felt like a brother or twin, and unless I find a different guitar at Guitar Center, or the Vendetta has some flaw to it that I wont be able to stand, the vendetta will be mine.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
This thread has turned into my 'self exploratory blog' I reckon. I guess it works. I like feedback, it helps me think. I talk to myself a lot too, I guess.

Well, from Life as a Body of Water: Reading People, Part 4: The SPs I got a different perspective of ISFP, the big hangup is probably my 'Se=Details.' I think I was forgetting that they can see the 'mass of details' at once too and then hone in on a couple.

A thing happened a few days ago that helps me put N and S into perspective. It was a math competition for our school area (I'm just doing it so I can get the math credit and never have to do math again x.x ).

I found that if I go into an 'Ni mode' I feel in the zone and things just come quickly. I both did very well on the 2 rounds of competition and wrote a poem (Probably the first one that I liked) a couple minutes later. I was also very unresponsive to things. It was thrilling to see the world in the different viewfinder.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Another thing I remember happened a couple years ago at a drama I was an actor in. This is the third performance and the last two went great, but this one was black backstage. Thats all a person could describe it as. It was as if some black weight flowed.

One of the most confident girl actors had a panic attack at one point, which scared me and was odd. Another thing was that another girl apparently took too many painkillers and antidepressants, making her a zombie and giving her friends deep fear emotion. Everyone but me and another few people (Probably NFs or Introverts I would reckon) seemed superficially unaffected. I turned on my clown self and did a LOT of work trying to raise the mood. One of the supervisors told me to bugger off at one point, so I knew I had the happy energy tuned up high enough at that point.

It felt really good to be that person who pushed people away from the black surrounding while being a beacon of silly energy.

Seems kinda ENFP to me. OR INFx with a mission.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
After re-reading all your posts, I'm still just as puzzled as ever.
You write like an ISFP.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Try being me, its a dog-pile of football players on the inside and I cant escape it when I want to. ;)

I REALLY have no idea where to start for trying to find my type either, let alone a working understanding of the functions and how they work introvertedly or extrovertedly. :doh:

PS: It STINKS under here! :cry:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oh dear.
Poor you.
That's awful.

If you want me to help you, PM me.