• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Type... Good question.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
SENSING
... pulling info from outside and deciding things from there.
Sensing is a way of taking in information.
Describe an apple to me in as much detail as you can think of in a couple of minutes.

THINKING
When thinking about type, I think I look at the pros and cons of each type and then decide 'I like the pros of that one, the cons could be ignorable. I should be like that.' (Fi?)
You are describing Judging.

FEELING
I seem to be a more one-on-one feeler and need to get into a conversation with someone for it to work. I cannot stand large groups. This could be Fi?
Sounds like introversion.

INTUITION
Intuition might actually be the last trait I fall onto when the others dont work. Se finds it, Te and Fi puzzle over it and get nothing then pass it to Ni who translates it and gives it back to Te and Fi.
I don't think it's your forté.

From what I can see in myself is that I use the Fi, Se, Te, and Ni functions in some order. In conversations I use Se to see what to talk about, Fi to try and identify with the person. I dont completely understand how I use Te and dont completely understand how Ni works.

Also I think that I am mentally resisting typing myself while still studying MBTI (Just because its an interesting way to add vocabulary to a situation and studying myself is the way I think would be a great starting point. )

Humm from all this ISFP (Fi < Se < Te < Ni ) seems the best fit, although I dunno how introverted perceiving functions work.
Are you using books or just what you are finding online?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
The apple is an unstable circle, usually a bright red or a honey yellow with a stem coming from the top like a flag on top of a castle. Unripe ones are smaller, and as green as the leaves on the tree its in.

- Why is there Se/Si if we only see them as Sensing as a whole and? Is it how we use it?

From reading the corrections, it makes me frustrated when my ideas are not how it is, showing that I don't really have the understanding of it.

I suppose you are right about my idea for Fi being wrong. (Thats another thing, if I dont get feedback from others my idea wouldn't change any) The just after that thinking "Oh, okay thanks your helping me understand better"

Ive been going off of what I find online, mainly here in MBTIc.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
All I would probably say is: 'The apple is red and shiny" What does that mean?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I was trying to get the shape in too. Cars can be red and shiney too

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The apple is an unstable circle, usually a bright red or a honey yellow with a stem coming from the top like a flag on top of a castle. Unripe ones are smaller, and as green as the leaves on the tree its in.
Srsly?

- Why is there Se/Si if we only see them as Sensing as a whole and? Is it how we use it?
Cognitive Functions is something very complicated that I don't understand very well yet, but I know MBTT very well.

From reading the corrections, it makes me frustrated when my ideas are not how it is, showing that I don't really have the understanding of it.
I know. I'm sorry. :hug:

I suppose you are right about my idea for Fi being wrong. (Thats another thing, if I dont get feedback from others my idea wouldn't change any) The just after that thinking "Oh, okay thanks your helping me understand better"

Ive been going off of what I find online, mainly here in MBTIc.
I highly recommend a couple of books from the library.
Start with which ever books make the most sense.
My first book was Do What You Are by Barron and Tieger.
It's VERY user-friendly.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
All I would probably say is: 'The apple is red and shiny" What does that mean?
It means you're just like my mother! :newwink:

Is that all you could think of in a couple of minutes?!
That's not enough information to go on...
but it's supposed to give me an idea of the kind of information you see.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I feel that I understand both how S and N work. (though I dont understand how it could be like your mother. The apple tastes sweet so it she a kndly person? Or was she just more puffy faced and sweaty? )

I think the reason I didn't have much information was because I was looking at everything I typed as I typed it to see if it was S or N (Judger alarm!)

Another thing is that I feel somehow less if I was a sensor than if I was an intuitive
Kind of like those people who are like "Help! I'm a man trapped in a man's body!"
I do remember times when I felt extremely N (Or that was just luck at the time)

I cant forget that I struggle with stereotyping too. Probably another of a judgers woes

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I feel that I understand both how S and N work.
I know you're highly intelligent, but I'm not positive you've got it quite nailed down yet.
(though I dont understand how it could be like your mother. The apple tastes sweet so it she a kndly person? Or was she just more puffy faced and sweaty? )
That comment was addressed to someone else. And the winking smilie indicates it was a joke. She is just like my mother because they are both ISTJs and what she did - interject a wry joke - was something my mother would do.

I think the reason I didn't have much information was because I was looking at everything I typed as I typed it to see if it was S or N (Judger alarm!)
Perhaps if you could just answer people's questions without deciding for yourself what your answers should be based on what you think about your type, we might be able to be a little more helpful.

Do you seriously describe an apple as an "unstable circle"?

Another thing is that I feel somehow less if I was a sensor than if I was an intuitive
Kind of like those people who are like "Help! I'm a man trapped in a man's body!"
(I kind of figured that out all by myself.)
That's because the internet is a lousy place to get information about type.
I have a lot of S types in my family and they are among the most intelligent people I know and the most fun people to have around.

DEFINITELY borrow Do What You Are from the library... or better yet... buy it.

I cant forget that I struggle with stereotyping too. Probably another of a judgers woes
Not necessarily. I thought it was Ps who disliked stereotyping... but that's a stereotype, and doesn't, by itself, prove anything.

I am beginning to like my ISFP theory more and more.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'll say what I think S and N are (Though its tough to just get out in words, if I don't have it quite down, its probably due to simplification)

Sensors likes to have details to follow, kind of like hansel and gretel following bread crumbs while Ntuitives are like ancient astronomers, connecting the dots between stars and then coming to philosophical or mythological conclusions from there.
(Attack me if you want INTPs! I'll just learn from it! . . . After moaning that you were mean and insensitive :newwink: )

Well I guess I should have said 'a sphere with short knob-legs on the bottom' since apples aren't exactly spherical. :D

I guess I shouldnt have said anything about that :D I was thinking that was an example of N in action so I ran with it and studied it. :whistling:

Life would be so much easier if when I looked in the mirror I didn't see a bunch of puzzle pieces with only a few actually put together.

(On metaphors too, I remember a couple years ago always putting metaphors together like puzzles, trying to make them as flush as possible. Though I don't exactly remember what train of thought I had at the time... I feel a lot more Intuitive all of a sudden :shock: - Looks like the little guy came out to say 'I'm here I'm here!')

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Get Do What You Are.
Go with ISFP for now.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
It means you're just like my mother! :newwink:

Is that all you could think of in a couple of minutes?!
That's not enough information to go on...
but it's supposed to give me an idea of the kind of information you see.

Oh, so WANT a lot of information?
I suspect that even if I have a few minutes I might still just say that.
But I'll try again.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Do you try to be careful how you say things so you don't hurt people's feelings?
(more careful than other people you know)
Please answer this question.
Use as many words as you can, so I can get a complete enough answer to discern what I'm after.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
But I'll try again.

There's tons of adjectives out there to use when describing an apple. Bella, read between the lines of the apple!!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
But I'll try again.
Bella, what in the world are you doing?
You just like to be tested, right? :smile:
Aren't you already sure you're an ISTJ?

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
The apple is red and shiny, it has one, little, green leaf attached to a blackish stem. The apple is covered with very light spots. This particular apple is especially red and shiney.
It is not a round apple, it is more oblong in shape.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The apple is red and shiny, it has one, little, green leaf attached to a blackish stem. The apple is covered with very light spots. This particular apple is especially red and shiney.
It is not a round apple, it is more oblong in shape.
Congratulations.
You're an ISTJ! :smile: