User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IXFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default INFJ, ISFJ, or something else? Halp.

Please, I beg of somebody, type me. I've been at this approximately 5000 years. (I just c/p'd these from someone else; hope it's okay? Also, sorry about the self-indulgence, but it comes with the territory I guess.) The cognitive functions were no help since I can see myself in all of them.

For the quiz here: Chart-the-course & idealist/catalyst. Enneagram 4w5.

--

1. What makes you angry?
    People who lack empathy, people who are stubborn and won't open themselves to new possibilities and information, people who are cruel, people who are emotionally flat or cold, defeatists. Also, not being able to eat delicious gluten.

2. What do you like/dislike most about people?
    I think I appreciate people's innermost thoughts and feelings, particularly what they think and feel when they're alone. Melancholy or mundane, I love it. I dislike how many people act to stay in line with social conventions (not politeness, but being fake and becoming someone they're not just to appease society). The fakeness doesn't annoy me, unless they impose it on others, but I find it a bit upsetting.

3. Do you like animals? why?
    I like them okay. I'll be snuggly and soft with an animal if they're nearby, but otherwise I'm fairly neutral on them. I have 3 very annoying cats who I treat like they're the best things on earth because they still deserve nice treatment even if they're the worst.

4. What do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
    All of my favourite people are completely different. I love my brother's creative genius, I love my sister's quick wit and amusing rage, I love my best friend's support and how he throws himself fully into a subject. I just like having fun and creating meaningful bonds.

5. What do you like/dislike most about yourself?
    I like how I'm creative and empathetic. I don't like how I'm hypersensitive to noises/smells/etc. and how I'm super controlling of the people around me and my environment to limit stress.

6. Do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
    I care about expressing myself visually (and in every other aspect of my life), but I don't keep up with popular trends.

7. Do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
    Both at the same time? I would prefer not to have the attention, but I still want to be an individual.

8. What activities do you enjoy?
    Writing (especially script-style), character creation, drawing, watching murder mysteries or any other mysteries where I get to figure out what happened.

9. What makes you feel secure?
    Probably the fact that I know I'll never amount to anything in the world because I'm too insecure and lazy to try.

10. Do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
    I have a platonic best friend who fulfills all of my needs (since I'm pretty sure I'm asexual), but I would probably not choose to be in a relationship unless it was with another asexual person since I could never put a sexual person through being with me, since it just seems cruel. I would love a deep, emotional connection with somebody, though.

11. What do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
    I love vintage/ornate styles (artwork, clothing, buildings). I love critical thinkers. I love the mysterious, and open-endings in movies and books. I love to write, specifically mysteries/thrillers. I love "feelings" (how scenes, people, music, etc. feel). I like to take something that someone has thrown away like a piece of art, or something else abandoned, and find the potential in it and make it awesome. I love music. I love buying people gifts. I love making charts and perfectly aligned lists, and really just anything I can do easily that doesn't require an exorbitant amount of imaginative effort.

12. What do you spend the most time thinking about?
    Most of my thoughts these days are anxiety-based, so it's just stressful thinking at all (I'm sick). My mind is constantly bringing up random stored data for no reason, whether it's a nostalgic feeling or something I've forgotten that I need to remember.

13. How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
    I think I've mainly stayed the same, but I was a lot more free when I was younger and not stressed. I was always painfully shy but controlling, and it hasn't changed.

1. How do you respond to clingy people?
    It depends. I haven't experienced this since I was a young teen, but I responded then with slight arrogance, as if I was somewhat above them and "deserved better" than to be forced to hang around a clingy, lonely person. Probably youngest child syndrome at play. If it's a child, like how my niece is with me now, I'll go full mother mode and dote on them.

2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be?
    Oil slick! Not one colour, but damn is it cool.

3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
    I live with other people and have to go outside of the house, so...no. If I had a rocking body and lived in a nudist colony or something, then I'd do it for a buttload of money, but probably not if it was just a choice and I got no reward for it. Sounds uncomfortable. I like softness. I do like being naked, though.

4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
    Hasn't happened since I was a teen. I was aloof but teasing, subtly show-offy (look how smart I am), or I caused arguments as a way to get attention. Annoying is a given with me, as well.

5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience?
    Nope, water scares the heckles out of me.

6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?
    1. Ew, 2. not about that sports figure life.

7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it?
    By making myself a super hot guy, obviously.

8. Name a city that best represents your personality.
    I'd love to say Paris since I've always had a thing for it, but it would probably be some crappy and weirdly built city that nobody can figure out so they avoid it.
    Last edited by Dante H.; 12-05-2018 at 11:22 PM.

MBTI
    INFP

How do you feel about Fi vs Fe?

Te vs Ti?

Ne vs Ni?

Si vs Se?
    𝔽OᖇGEᗪ Iᑎ 𝔽IᖇE

MBTI
    IXFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    How do you feel about Fi vs Fe?

Te vs Ti?

Ne vs Ni?

Si vs Se?
    I wish I could tell you. I feel like I relate to all of them in some way, OR I don't 100% understand what it means so I really can't tell if I am that way or not. E.g. I have no idea if I look for patterns, and I have no idea if I relate things back to past experiences because I can't think of a scenario where that would apply. I did do a quiz that scores your functions (twice, + completely different results the second time because I did it with brotherly input):

NE: 29
    NI: 30.9

SE: 23
    SI: 19.5

TE: 21
    TI: 24

FE: 27
    FI: 19

I can see I have a preference there for FE over FI, but the others look too close to call. So I've thrown my hands up. I feel like I need professionals.

(Also, your avatar is gorgeous, holy moly)
    Likes Luminous liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dante H. View Post
    I wish I could tell you. I feel like I relate to all of them in some way, OR I don't 100% understand what it means so I really can't tell if I am that way or not. [...] So I've thrown my hands up. I feel like I need professionals.
    - How about you retake the test, but list down all the questions, answers, as well as your reasons/what you were thinking when you selected the answer? People indeed have different takeaways or sometimes, they are thinking about specific circumstances instead of generalized behaviour. For eg; just because someone loved a stage performance or was happy about it, it does not necessarily mean they are an extrovert.

- You mentioned you're a chart-the-course idealist, why are you 'Chart the Course' as opposed to something else?

- Look up Fe-Ti and Fi-Te (the axis, not the standalone functions) and paste them here, bold what applies to you, and provide reasons why.

- This New Questionnaire To Fill Out! is a good questionnaire.

- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    JohariNohari
    Gaze upon an empty white throne,
    a legacy of lies, a familiar disguise

A language that cannot be written, only seen.

MBTI
    INFP

Chart the course, idealist/catalyst, and Fe would indicate INFJ. Is there something about that which doesn't seem correct?

To add to the extra questions, do you make solid plans for yourself and your future? How difficult is it to make big decisions? Do you know exactly where you're headed?
    𝔽OᖇGEᗪ Iᑎ 𝔽IᖇE

MBTI
    IXFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ixaerus View Post
    - How about you retake the test, but list down all the questions, answers, as well as your reasons/what you were thinking when you selected the answer? People indeed have different takeaways or sometimes, they are thinking about specific circumstances instead of generalized behaviour. For eg; just because someone loved a stage performance or was happy about it, it does not necessarily mean they are an extrovert.

- You mentioned you're a chart-the-course idealist, why are you 'Chart the Course' as opposed to something else?

- Look up Fe-Ti and Fi-Te (the axis, not the standalone functions) and paste them here, bold what applies to you, and provide reasons why.

- This New Questionnaire To Fill Out! is a good questionnaire.

- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    -I believe I'm chart-the-course because I'm very direct, in speech and when it comes to goals/plans (especially with other people). I want to keep stuff moving and on track and I really don't like it when things veer off or I feel like my time is being wasted. I'm pretty impatient. With responding, I pretty much don't talk to people unless I'm spoken to first, even good friends. If I do reach out first, it's because I feel like I haven't been paying enough attention to my friends and I feel like I have to do that so they don't think I don't care about them.

-I tried looking up the axes but I can't really get my head around them at the moment :/ The thing that mostly resonated with me was what somebody on Reddit said (I'm not sure if you agree with it or not): "Ti/Fe wants to feel correctly and think independently. Te/Fi wants to think correctly and feel independently." If it means anything, I completely relate to Ti/Fe there.

-I'll do that quiz but I'm not in the mental space at the moment to do another one. I do super appreciate you guys trying to help, though!

-And finally...I hate that "where do you see yourself in 5 years" question haha. I don't like to think far into the future, and I have no idea what my goals will be then, but I do want to 1. be healthy and not in decline, and 2. creatively grow.

MBTI
    IXFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Chart the course, idealist/catalyst, and Fe would indicate INFJ. Is there something about that which doesn't seem correct?

To add to the extra questions, do you make solid plans for yourself and your future? How difficult is it to make big decisions? Do you know exactly where you're headed?
    No, those things I'm pretty much 100% on, but I wasn't sure how accurate they are and if they really do mean anything. If they ARE accurate, then I probably am INFJ.

I do sometimes make solid plans for myself, but I rarely follow through. I do have goals but they're sort of in the background and things I actively work on without too much thought. If I make a big decision, I'm going to involve other people. I don't trust myself at all to make a big decision since I don't know what kind of impact it's going to have on the future and on others. I think in a way, I kind of want to involve people because if I mess up, at least I'm not solely to blame, haha. I've got a loose idea of where I'm headed.

-I believe I'm chart-the-course because I'm very direct, in speech and when it comes to goals/plans (especially with other people). I want to keep stuff moving and on track and I really don't like it when things veer off or I feel like my time is being wasted. I'm pretty impatient. With responding, I pretty much don't talk to people unless I'm spoken to first, even good friends. If I do reach out first, it's because I feel like I haven't been paying enough attention to my friends and I feel like I have to do that so they don't think I don't care about them.
    Can you give examples, say an event where you recently planned towards a goal that includes other people? What do you think about the more 'flexible' people, and how willing are you to change the overall goal/base plan if the circumstances demand it? How active would you say you are, and how important are goals to you?

-I tried looking up the axes but I can't really get my head around them at the moment :/ The thing that mostly resonated with me was what somebody on Reddit said (I'm not sure if you agree with it or not): "Ti/Fe wants to feel correctly and think independently. Te/Fi wants to think correctly and feel independently." If it means anything, I completely relate to Ti/Fe there.
    These are very general statements. Everyone has a degree of self-restraint, especially in things they consider important enough to warrant it. It could be that you think that 'independent thinking' is the 'correct' way to think (which means you value the correctness itself), or that the 'correct' way to think is to think independently (which means you value the independence itself). Rather misleading if you don't go deeply enough. Functions in general are not well-defined and dichotomies alone can yield more in terms of a person's natural preferences, and from there we can assign functions.

Why do you want to 'feel correctly'? What is 'correct feeling' to you? Why is it important that you think independently?

-And finally...I hate that "where do you see yourself in 5 years" question haha. I don't like to think far into the future, and I have no idea what my goals will be then, but I do want to 1. be healthy and not in decline, and 2. creatively grow.
    For goals, it can be anything. Not necessarily career. Something you'd like to be, or achieve, or acquire, say. Even if it was as simple as "I want to save up for a bike within the next year." Why do you want to be healthy and not in decline, in particular? What kind of creative growth are you seeking, and why?
    JohariNohari

MBTI
    IXFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ixaerus View Post
    Can you give examples, say an event where you recently planned towards a goal that includes other people? What do you think about the more 'flexible' people, and how willing are you to change the overall goal/base plan if the circumstances demand it? How active would you say you are, and how important are goals to you?
    Yep. I'm a writer, and I roleplay a lot, so I'm regularly needing to plot/plan with other people. I guess they're not really "goals", but it's along the lines of what I was talking about. We'll be plotting something, and other people will go off on tangents or start coming up with ideas that don't fit the theme or idea and I just know it's going to turn into an hour-long session of nothingness, so I'm always the person to say "can we talk about what's relevant?" or "can we get back on track, please?" and wanting to bring the focus back to the task so we can actually get something solid down. I just want to keep stuff moving. Also, when I meet up with my family at Christmas and I suggest a board game, and people are happily chatting away, I'll start setting it up and being like OKAY GUYS LET'S GET THIS THING GOING PUT YOUR DRINKS AWAY Maybe I'm just controlling.

These are very general statements. Everyone has a degree of self-restraint, especially in things they consider important enough to warrant it. It could be that you think that 'independent thinking' is the 'correct' way to think (which means you value the correctness itself), or that the 'correct' way to think is to think independently (which means you value the independence itself). Rather misleading if you don't go deeply enough. Functions in general are not well-defined and dichotomies alone can yield more in terms of a person's natural preferences, and from there we can assign functions.

Why do you want to 'feel correctly'? What is 'correct feeling' to you? Why is it important that you think independently?
    Hm, okay, that's interesting. The way someone described it was "Correct = How society perceives what is correct from a feeling/thinking perspective. Independently = Your thoughts/feelings are your own with not as much focus on society." I probably won't put any stock into that, but I still can't wrap my head around the axes themselves so it's not much help there either. If we're talking about the dichotomies, then I would have to say I'm INFJ or ISFJ which brings me back to that ISFJ/INFJ dilemma I was having so many years ago.

For goals, it can be anything. Not necessarily career. Something you'd like to be, or achieve, or acquire, say. Even if it was as simple as "I want to save up for a bike within the next year." Why do you want to be healthy and not in decline, in particular? What kind of creative growth are you seeking, and why?
    Okay. My goals don't extend far into the future (unless they're general, like wanting to be healthy, wanting to have more money, etc.), but I do have small goals that I meet regularly. By "healthy and not in decline", I mean that I have an autoimmune disease that western medicine does nothing for, so I'm constantly researching it and other AI diseases and chronic illnesses, and I have to make and follow through with my goals just to start healing.

(Not sure what happened but I posted this and it disappeared?)

Yep. I'm a writer, and I roleplay a lot, so I'm regularly needing to plot/plan with other people. I guess they're not really "goals", but it's along the lines of what I was talking about. We'll be plotting something, and other people will go off on tangents or start coming up with ideas that don't fit the theme or idea and I just know it's going to turn into an hour-long session of nothingness, so I'm always the person to say "can we talk about what's relevant?" or "can we get back on track, please?" and wanting to bring the focus back to the task so we can actually get something solid down. I just want to keep stuff moving. Also, when I meet up with my family at Christmas and I suggest a board game, and people are happily chatting away, I'll start setting it up and being like OKAY GUYS LET'S GET THIS THING GOING PUT YOUR DRINKS AWAY Maybe I'm just controlling.
    This is rather small-scale. What about bigger occasions? Does this tendency extend to that direction as well (outings, work, vacations, events)? People can be lax or structured with various things in their lives, so it is better to consider from a bigger general trend than specific ones/specific aspects of your life. For example, in work environments, people would be more likely to be structured. But from here alone, your emphasis on the core idea seems more Pi (Ni/Si) and your need to control your external environment seems more Je (Te/Fe). Ps tend to prefer more individualism and creative liberty, even at the cost of speed or productivity.

Also, interesting you say controlling over structured, or managerial. While these are subjective word choices, you particularly put a lot of emphasis on others and how your actions affect other people, as well as how you relate to people from there. I'd say F is pretty settled for you.

Hm, okay, that's interesting. The way someone described it was "Correct = How society perceives what is correct from a feeling/thinking perspective. Independently = Your thoughts/feelings are your own with not as much focus on society." I probably won't put any stock into that, but I still can't wrap my head around the axes themselves so it's not much help there either. If we're talking about the dichotomies, then I would have to say I'm INFJ or ISFJ which brings me back to that ISFJ/INFJ dilemma I was having so many years ago.
    Those definitions are generally more or less correct. Ji (Ti/Fi) are about creating your own personalized systems/understandings, though this is not always the case. So far, I would actually say ISFJ or even ESFJ. Why do you think you are an introvert, and what confused you between ISFJ and INFJ?

Okay. My goals don't extend far into the future (unless they're general, like wanting to be healthy, wanting to have more money, etc.), but I do have small goals that I meet regularly. By "healthy and not in decline", I mean that I have an autoimmune disease that western medicine does nothing for, so I'm constantly researching it and other AI diseases and chronic illnesses, and I have to make and follow through with my goals just to start healing.
    Your attention to more current details seems more S to me (though Js are more practical in general, the more detailed and specific the more S, so the trend goes), and the focus on health itself seems more (albeit stereotypical) S. When you say you set various small goals you meet regularly, that shows a bigger preference for J over P imo. Your future goal is regarding a real situation that could impact you towards the future, that is just being responsible with yourself. I find that NJs will create their own goals, sometimes towards things which even 'other people aren't seeing', because they project their personal impressions (introverted N is subjective in nature) towards a future (with varying types of skills and/or proficiency). Keep in mind anyone can plan towards the future and have contingency plans if they have to, it's the how and why that differentiates.
    JohariNohari