• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
Hello, can I have help getting types?
I honestly don't think tests are reliable. I got INFP quite a few times but when I read up on it.. it didn't feel like me, ya know?
I do understand the functions but I do get confused with some of them or I relate to ones like Se and Ne, and I relate to Ni a little more than Si.
Anywho, I am the type to want everyone to have the same playing field at me, so we all have equal chances. I am also a compromiser. So, let's say we are in a movie, and you want to go see a horror movie and I want to see a romantic, I'll say let's watch a comedy becaue that is my backup movie. If you say you want to see the romantic movie, then I'll feel bad because then you are just doing what I want. So I try to compromise and say let's watch this movie or even if you don't want to watch the comedy, I would suggest to go do something else.
I am also the type of person who will have this unrealistic idea or plan, but then I will realize it is unrealistic and go for a more realistic approach. INFPs tend to be more of the type who will have a plan but won't do it, and I'm sorta like that but I am also a doer.
okay, to make it easier, when I look at art, I don't look at the underlying meaning of the art until maybe that night when I am thinking about that painting/song/photograph. When I am looking at it, at that moment, I'm looking at how the colors are mixing together and how they used this type of paint or instrument or filter. Art, in general, does resonate in me for a while. I also love creating art and showing it to people my creation.
IDK what I am, tbh. And I need help. I don't trust the tests because they seem unreliable.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dunno. From this sounds like ISFP 9 could be possible.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Looking at both your post, I'm inclined to say that ISFP might be a good fit for you (and I'd second the 9 argument if you ever get a chance to look into enneagram). Your other thread was a bit more revealing in terms of the presence of Fi, but I'm still not sold on Se vs Ne. If you don't feel like filling out a whole questionnaire, here's a couple questions that may be helpful in discerning your type:

1) What does the word "comfort" mean to you and how do you go about creating that in your life?

2) Which do you deem to be harder for you, dropping what you know and starting from scratch/generating ideas or noticing opportunities which come up in your environment/adapting to them? Why?

3) What kind of people do you look up to and why? Examples are fine as long as you explain.

(Edit: Also I very much like your Yurio Avatar : ) )

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
Looking at both your post, I'm inclined to say that ISFP might be a good fit for you (and I'd second the 9 argument if you ever get a chance to look into enneagram). Your other thread was a bit more revealing in terms of the presence of Fi, but I'm still not sold on Se vs Ne. If you don't feel like filling out a whole questionnaire, here's a couple questions that may be helpful in discerning your type: 1) What does the word "comfort" mean to you and how do you go about creating that in your life? 2) Which do you deem to be harder for you, dropping what you know and starting from scratch/generating ideas or noticing opportunities which come up in your environment/adapting to them? Why? 3) What kind of people do you look up to and why? Examples are fine as long as you explain. (Edit: Also I very much like your Yurio Avatar : ) )
I made a couple, mostly because one will go unnoticed, I'm weird.. but I would also have more to say and I can't find my other post, so I made a new thread.. but that was when I was new. I know how to work it now haha.
thank you!! Yurio is my favorite, but I love Otabek, too. They are just so adorable.

With the questions..
1) comfort means doing what I'm most comfortable at.. I guess. How I create comfort in my life is doing what I like, although I do like to get out of my comfort zone and try new things. It's hard to answer this question because comfort to me is just doing what I like to do, but I feel like that is a very simple answer haha.
2) I'm leaning more towards the starting from scratch one, although that is about it from that list. I'm comfortable with adapting to my environment, I do notice things in my environment that has changed. I've always noticed that, unless it's a small change. Starting from scratch is a little harder because it takes so long to figure out what I want or I'll change my mind on something. Although i can generate ideas, sometimes they aren't realistic enough or I don't feel good about these ideas. I think that is a confidence issue though.
3) the type of people I look up to? Uhhhhh that is a bit hard, I guess the type of people that knows what they want in life, just because I can relate. Or the type of people that'll do anything for just about anything because I somewhat want to be that type of person. Again, I think I look up to people that are more confident than I am. I think that is what I really mean.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I made a couple, mostly because one will go unnoticed, I'm weird.. but I would also have more to say and I can't find my other post, so I made a new thread.. but that was when I was new. I know how to work it now haha.
thank you!! Yurio is my favorite, but I love Otabek, too. They are just so adorable.
Yeah, it can be difficult to get attention here. With the typing threads, unless you're a longstanding user, people are generally more drawn to question formatted a certain way (ie. those with questionnaires). Even then it's a shot in the dark at times depending on how detailed your information is.

And yes, both are cuties, personally I'm partial to Phichit.

With the questions..
1) comfort means doing what I'm most comfortable at.. I guess. How I create comfort in my life is doing what I like, although I do like to get out of my comfort zone and try new things. It's hard to answer this question because comfort to me is just doing what I like to do, but I feel like that is a very simple answer haha.
Mmm... If you ever get into enneagram, I'd look into sp 9. Nonetheless, this was a Si peg question and, outside of notes of Fi (ie. the specific mention of just going about things and doing what you like for comfort), in the sense of the cognitive functions this isn't incredibly Si in nature.

2) I'm leaning more towards the starting from scratch one, although that is about it from that list. I'm comfortable with adapting to my environment, I do notice things in my environment that has changed. I've always noticed that, unless it's a small change. Starting from scratch is a little harder because it takes so long to figure out what I want or I'll change my mind on something. Although i can generate ideas, sometimes they aren't realistic enough or I don't feel good about these ideas. I think that is a confidence issue though.
A lot of this probably goes along with self-confidence as well, but I'd say this more typical of the Se-Ni axis than Ne-Si. Ne typically uses starting from scratch (even when it would be beneficial not to) as a defense mechanism. The fact that you mentioned specifically you notice things that specifically change could hint towards Ni in a certain context. The adaptability (specifically feeling strong with that trait) is definitly on the P side of things, and the way I framed the question is more typically a Se response than a Ne response. Do you find that your generally attentive (at least to some degree) to how things change overtime, sort of in a patterned sort of fashion?

3) the type of people I look up to? Uhhhhh that is a bit hard, I guess the type of people that knows what they want in life, just because I can relate. Or the type of people that'll do anything for just about anything because I somewhat want to be that type of person. Again, I think I look up to people that are more confident than I am. I think that is what I really mean.
Hmm I see, mmostly just got more Fi-Te out of this one.

I'd say ISFP is a safe bet, although others may bring up better points than I.

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm very interested in enneagram, I just have a hard time remembering it.
Phichit is adorable too, I want to protect him.
For a while I thought I was INFP, though it never seemed right. Then when I read up on ISFP, it seemed to fit better. I do tend to be attentive to changes over time.